Valentines Day plastic tat is unethical.

Lagertha

We aren't fans of Valentines day, we just ignore it, it's fine if you're into all that but seeing all the cheap plastic tat in the shops that will end up in land fill sites is shocking. Most of it is flown in from China, Japan or developing countries, usually manufactured in sweatshops by men, women and children working in appalling conditions for a few pence a day. How can we justify this? It isn't just Valentines day, it's Easter, St Patrick's day, Christmas etc. Surely it's time to say that enough is enough and ban this tat?

The OD

We aren't fans of Valentines day, we just ignore it, it's fine if you're into all that but seeing all the cheap plastic tat in the shops that will end up in land fill sites is shocking. Most of it is flown in from China, Japan or developing countries, usually manufactured in sweatshops by men, women and children working in appalling conditions for a few pence a day. How can we justify this? It isn't just Valentines day, it's Easter, St Patrick's day, Christmas etc. Surely it's time to say that enough is enough and ban this tat?
I'd double check that - pretty sure there are no sweat shops where people work for a 'few pence a day' in Japan, but sure they look and sound relatively similar* to the Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai peoples and so on so I can see your confusion.

:unsure:

*(To some people.)

Lagertha

I'd double check that - pretty sure there are no sweat shops where people work for a 'few pence a day' in Japan, but sure they look and sound relatively similar* to the Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai peoples and so on so I can see your confusion.

:unsure:

*(To some people.)
If you'd read my post properly you wouldn't have misunderstood it, but being the SJW snowflake that you are you decided to make it all about how racism. :rolleyes2:

the secretary

It not unethical, its commercial and materialistic tat.

Emily Davison

Most of it is flown in from China, Japan or developing countries, usually manufactured in sweatshops by men, women and children working in appalling conditions for a few pence a day. How can we justify this? Surely it's time to say that enough is enough and ban this tat?
And you'd rather those people had no jobs?

The irony of this post is priceless.

The OD

If you'd read my post properly you wouldn't have misunderstood it, but being the SJW snowflake that you are you decided to make it all about how racism. :rolleyes2:
OK, well can you explain why you equated Japan, which has a very high standard of living and is not known for mass producing cheap, plastic tat in sweat shops the way China does, with China?

Outside them having, to the western eye and ear, a lot of similarities, its on par with equating Albania to Austria?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies