Varadkar agrees with Trump on the media - also says the Dáil is covered too much

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Trump says the media are the enemy of the people - a characterisation that has chilling connotations

Leo ? Leo is on the Trump Train

Varadkar says he sympathises with Trump on media
Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said Donald Trump’s criticism of the media was one of the few things he could sympathise with the US president about.
Mr Varadkar, who was in New York to launch Ireland’s bid to win a seat on the United Nations Security Council, said the media was not interested in the truth but in the story, according to sources familiar with the conversation.

He was particularly critical of the political press. He claimed political journalists were more interested in gossip at Dáil Éireann than in the workings of Government, describing their interest in whispers in the corridors.
One guest said Mr Varadkar’s remarks were “very serious” and that they “came away really quite freaked out”.

“There was shock,” said another source describing the audience reaction to some to his remarks.
Cyp

Last edited:

enuffisenuff

Yep... Politicians just love the truth don't they..

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
And Vradkar does'nt like PRIME TIME Investigates either.....soon to feature a profile of pal Dennis...hmmmm

Analyzer

Ah yes...the Irish media, an oligarch, a political party, a tribunal of inquiry, state tendering, "fake news", the sacking of Gemma Doherty, the cops, the editor on an nEU empire task force for "fake news"....etc....

And for media coverage....we go to a newspaper printed in England....because so many Irish journalists are bought and paid for...even the ones not working for you-know-who, will not offend you-know-who....

Why does Irish media mogul Denis O'Brien launch so many legal actions?

The OD

Whining little Leo doesn't like that the meedja exposed his spin unit. Whining little Leo loved the meedja when they were running his propaganda ads.

He loves Newstalk and the Indo though. Our version of Fox news.

The OD

Well said Leo.

About time these idiots who spend their time retailing morsels of gossip were called out.
Like his spin unit.

Herr Rommel

How much did the Punjab Princess spend on his spin unit again can someone remind me please?

Analyzer

[video=youtube;TWvYwthMe6E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWvYwthMe6E[/video]

PBP voter

Basically him kissing the Shinners ass.

They said the same.

A coalition is almost certain.

Prester Jim

Unbelievable that he was stupid and conceited enough to say that. What an enormous faux pas. He has gotten an incredibly easy ride from our media since he became a politician and it has become nauseating since he became Taoiseach but he thinks they are bad?
We have a sh1tty media here because they don't investigate nearly enough and when they do they get fired for it a la Gemma Doherty.
Makes you think that beneath the polished PR job he is pretty bloody bad at talking off his own bat.
What kind of instincts for democracy does this guy have underneath it all?

Prester Jim

And Vradkar does'nt like PRIME TIME Investigates either.....soon to feature a profile of pal Dennis...hmmmm

The priest that they mis-IDed as a predator, that is about all primetime have got wrong off the top of my head, they are too tame by any other standard. They will go after the easy targets but not the govt. or DO'B, we will see how daring they are shortly.

Analyzer

Leo is the preferred Taoiseach of Noosetalk. That much was apparent when Noosetalk covered the FG leadership contest.

Despite this, Coveney, the Patrician class candidate would have been much worse for us plebs.

Prester Jim

valamhic

Unbelievable that he was stupid and conceited enough to say that. What an enormous faux pas. He has gotten an incredibly easy ride from our media since he became a politician and it has become nauseating since he became Taoiseach but he thinks they are bad?
We have a sh1tty media here because they don't investigate nearly enough and when they do they get fired for it a la Gemma Doherty.
Makes you think that beneath the polished PR job he is pretty bloody bad at talking off his own bat.
What kind of instincts for democracy does this guy have underneath it all?
What do the words "faux pas" mean? Is it some kind of over mountain route in french Guiana?

The OD

Varadkar is a media invention. As of yet, can anyone point me to his achievement in politics? Anything at all? Besides hitching his wagon to SSM & and the repeal movement after ALL the heavy lifting was done and being mouthy with the British and hanging out with Mr Hypocrisy, Bono, what exactly has he done besides set up and then cancel his own personal tax payer funded self promotion unit? Socks? Cycling?

The OD

I'm a democrat.

Well done Leo.
You're a boring, pointless waste of space.

Irrelevant and ridiculous. Nobody really cares about your sad little attempts to portray yourself as a contrarian unless its to laugh.

At you.

Give us another gem of contrary wisdom uganda. I could do with some lulz.

Now please, I do enjoy sneering at idiots.

valamhic

My first observation is that Varadkar realizes Trump bashing is yesterday's news. Trump's policies are just simple conservative policies which have stood the test of time. I cannot comment on the commie leftie greenie libloon's policies, because they don't tell us what they are and when rolled out they don't make any sense to me. Moreover, no one I know agrees with them. Where are the voters that are commie leftie greenie lib loons represent?

The second thing is that it looks like Varadkar (a very strange political animal) realizes the the RTE boondangle cannot go on, its unsustainable and deeply unpopular. In this environment, RTE should strive to be a balanced outlet. Even if its editors are all commie leftie greenie libloons, they could allow the opposing opinion to be aired. No more than one or two pro trump panelists have ever been allowed to be interviewed on RTE.

The people listeners and viewers are exposed to to a vast variety of news outlets (including the British) press and they know that RTE is not balanced. Don't forget we are living in very turbulent times, but also very interesting times. People want the entertainment value of fierce debate, they are not getting it.

Simply put, I am winning hands down.

New Threads

Most Replies