• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Varadkar defends TDs Pay

Ulster-Lad

The transport minister has defended the pay that he and his fellow politicians are on. He states that they have taken their fair share of cuts.

Personally I know of no other group that earns so much for doing so little. What with the number of days they work p.a in comparison to the rest of the country. Then there is always what they earn compared to their counterparts in the EU and elsewhere.

Varadkar: Politicians have taken their share of cuts, and (then) some | BreakingNews.ie

D

Deleted member 17573

What impeccable timing - badly needs to have his ar$e kicked for this bit of stupidity.

Sister Mercedes

According to the Sunday Times today, Leo has appointed 11 people with political connections to Plum State Jobs.

damus

What impeccable timing - badly needs to have his ar$e kicked for this bit of stupidity.
That's exactly what I thought. How many times has he mouthed off in the last 22 months without his mouth engaging with his brain?

Icemancometh

I can never understand why any politician makes any comment on their pay. It's always going to come off badly.

D

Deleted member 17573

That's exactly what I thought. How many times has he mouthed off in the last 22 months without his mouth engaging with his brain?
What's his problem? Compulsive honesty? Total disconnect from how the people are thinking? Failure to understand context? Or just downright bloody stupidity?

corelli

He always had a little foot in mouth difficulty. In any event, it's accepted that if the higher public service are cut in Croke Park, the politicians will be too. Rabitte said as much the other day.

Bea C

Colin M

The 'and then some' bit hints that he thinks they haven't been fairly treated. What arrogance form Varadkar!

damus

What's his problem? Compulsive honesty? Total disconnect from how the people are thinking? Failure to understand context? Or just downright bloody stupidity?
I reckon a mix of stupidity, disconnect and outright arrogance. He doesn't seem to appreciate that Irish politicians are still overpaid having taken their so called pay cut.

Ulster-Lad

I reckon a mix of stupidity, disconnect and outright arrogance. He doesn't seem to appreciate that Irish politicians are still overpaid having taken their so called pay cut.
Rumour has it he is to be the next Minister of Health. ;)

Analyzer

Finally Varadar says something.

Ever wonder why FG have had him muzzled for the past few months ?

Well, now you know.

turdsl

It is the usual type of arrogance from those guys after Prime Time, the other night
Irish Independent yesterday, two pages in the Sunday Times today exposing their
cronyism, you would think they would show a bit of respect to the electorate, Its just all
entitlement, Its my turn now.

human 19

regarding the timing, the link doesnt give the context of the comment. He may have just answered a question put to him. I cant find any reference to it on RTE or Irish times websites.

cricket

Varadkar has to be on a leash at all times, which is why I can't see him being moved to Health, a banana skin a day offers itself there.

D

Deleted member 17573

He always had a little foot in mouth difficulty. In any event, it's accepted that if the higher public service are cut in Croke Park, the politicians will be too. Rabitte said as much the other day.
I know that and you know that - but 90% of those who hear his comment will read it as meaning no cuts for politicians.