• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Varadkar says: Clonsilla scheme could become a Ghetto.

Catalpa

The local 'BlanchGazette' says that FG Cllr Leo Varadkar has expressed concern that the new housing development at Hansfield, Clonsilla Dublin 15 could see a 'ghetto-style' neighbourhood come into existence out there.

As 64% of the homes will be made up of one and two bedroom dwellings he claims that this would lead to a domination of rental accommodation and a 'ghetto-style' neighbourhood!

For once I agree with him!

Though no doubt Vardaker will be accused of playing the 'Race Card' by SF and FF now! :roll:

Why are foreigners been given houses almost rent free due to the stupid policy of rent allowances being paid out of our pockets? :evil:

We have already seen this week the Gardai raiding over 100 premises in the rapidly developing Ethnic Ghetto in the north inner city of Dublin.

Is Hansfield to be yet another one? :? [/i]

Pidge

Eh, was race or even immigrancy even mentioned? You don't have to been foreign to form a ghetto, you know.

Catalpa

Pidge said:
Eh, was race or even immigrancy even mentioned? You don't have to been foreign to form a ghetto, you know.
I believe that is what Vardaker was getting at. The fact that he was circumspect in the way he phrased it I'm sure would fool nobody.

I know the floods of immigrants taking up residence is a very noticable feature in Dublin 15 in recent years.

As the vast majority could not afford the mortages or indeed the crazy rents then it can only be coming from our pockets.

For instance this past week I was speaking to landlord out here in Blanchardstown who rents a house to a family from abroad for 1,200 euros a month.

Now only he told me himself even I would find this difficult to believe but of that 1,200 they just pay 52 euro a month in rent. The balance is covered by the rent allowance!

So for just 13 euro a week they have a house that you or I would have to pay out full schilling on! :shock:

Like is this right?

I don't think so! :?

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Another example of immigrants getting special privileges in this country such that the native Irish are becoming the second-class citizens.

larryliar

Immigrants....non-nationals...taking over our city? where were you clowns when the culchies invaded Dublin. Why worry about foreign nationals getting rent allowance. You should worry about landlords getting massive money for shite accomodation. remember, Most landlords are probably culchies. The Pale was created for a good reason. Keep the culchies out and let the foreign nationals in. (At least they speak english.)
As for the Inner city becoming a Ghetto,well... what the **** has it been for years.
You hang up about "Johnny foreigner" leads me to suspect a sexual envy motive. :lol:

CJH

With a name like Leo Varadkar, I assume that the good councillor is not of pure Irish blood. Therefore I hope that Catalpa and FutureTaoiseach call for his deportation forthwith.

pluralist

CJH said:
With a name like Leo Varadkar, I assume that the good councillor is not of pure Irish blood. Therefore I hope that Catalpa and FutureTaoiseach call for his deportation forthwith.
Cue feigned outrage from Mutt and Jeff.

joemomma

Catalpa said:
I believe that is what Vardaker was getting at. The fact that he was circumspect in the way he phrased it I'm sure would fool nobody.
You can believe what you like, but people have been talking about bad town planning creating ghettos for decades. I don't know anything about Varadker, but if you're so sure he's "on your side" why don't you phone him up and offer him your support in stemming the immigrant tide in Dublin 15?

Catalpa said:
So for just 13 euro a week they have a house that you or I would have to pay out full schilling on!
Unless you or I were on rent allowance, like many thousands of Irish people.

FutureTaoiseach said:
Another example of immigrants getting special privileges in this country such that the native Irish are becoming the second-class citizens.
What example?

sackville

FutureTaoiseach said:
Unfortunately, that class of second class Irish are probably the least likely to vote, which maybe is why they're finding themselves where they increasing are - at the bottom of the heap (not trying to justify what's happening of course) and it just isn’t happening in West Dublin either BTW.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Well maybe he is of mixed origin. What are his origins?

Catalpa

qtman

FutureTaoiseach said:
Varadkar doesnt give a fcuk about anybody who doesn't fit into his neat little world of suburban bliss and upper middle class values, whether they're Irish or not. He once refered to Leitrim a a "figment of the imagination" and a "social security scam".

I'd say he's of "flawed pedigree"...

hiding behind a poster

qtman said:
[

Varadkar doesnt give a fcuk about anybody who doesn't fit into his neat little world of suburban bliss and upper middle class values, whether they're Irish or not.

Local Elections: 11 June 2004
Castleknock
Fingal County Council (Leinster)
4 Seats 9 Candidates 6 Counts
Electorate: 23,677 Quota: 2,563

Candidate Party 1st Pref Share Quota Count Status Seat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

¶ Leo Varadkar 4,894 38.20% 1.91 1 Made Quota 1

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hiding behind a poster

coconut said:
You're quoting from Castleknock. Technically doesn't that kind of prove qtman's point about upper middle class?
Castleknock is more middle-class than upper-middle. Anyway, the point I was proving is that sh*tloads of people voted for Varadkar.

joemomma

qtman said:
Varadkar doesnt give a fcuk about anybody who doesn't fit into his neat little world of suburban bliss and upper middle class values, whether they're Irish or not. He once refered to Leitrim a a "figment of the imagination" and a "social security scam".
Ooooh, that sounds good, tell us more...

Bohemian

You never know what you've got till its gone.

FutureTaoiseach or FutureTeashop that is the question?

And a good poll subject

zakalwe

frankly i have more issues with peadar from tullamore coming to dublin, taking our jobs and stealing our women than svetlana from lithuania.

rural people have nothing in common with dublin people, its a clash of cultures. the rural ghettoes are already in place, ranelagh and rathmines, donneybrook could be next! they have their own pubs, roddy bolands, flannerys and the portobello where dublin people feel unwelcome and clearly the staff are not from dublin, which is what our american tourists expect when they visit. they are looking for brendan behan sitting at the counter, not sean and maire from sligo.

a few weekends a year, rural people from several counties undertake the hajj to croke park. in their thousands they pack the temple and roar and honk their horns to the ritual below. ordinary dubliners are extremely inconvenienced by this weekly invasion with a line of cars stretching back to kinnegad waiting to enter the city.

rural people have higher fertility rates than dubliners and by 2100 dublin will be a rural city with dubliners in a minority.

tis the end of civilisation as we know it!!!!

:lol:

Catalpa said:
FutureTaoiseach said:
Don't know but looks like he was born and raised here.

http://www.finegael.ie/fine-gael-counci ... TD_Key/452
and of course 'looks' are everything, aren't they?

what a complete Prejudicial, Xenophobic and RACIST thing to say.

i hope you hold this in mind next time i label you with that title.