Varadkar slammed for sycophancy on abortion and not speaking up for the Irish people

edwin

Excellent article by Wendy Grace in the Irish Independent exposes Leo's shallow sycophancy and desire to be liked by Trudeau. Media reports suggested Trudeau urged Leo to see abortion as a right with no response from Leo regarding Canada's horrifying abortion on demand up to birth laws.

Wendy Grace: Leo has been groomed on abortion by an international elite - Independent.ie

Some examples of their barbaric record? One in five children are killed in the womb - a rate multiple times what happens here. 491 children survived botched abortion procedures between 2000 and 2009 and were ignored and left to die. Yes, live children who could no longer be ignored because they were in the womb yet that's what happened.

Leo should have been excoriating Trudeau for their record, not letting himself be lectured by a country which should be ashamed of its record.

wombat

Leo should have been excoriating Trudeau for their record, not letting himself be lectured by a country which should be ashamed of its record.
Canadians are a bit like other rich countries, smug about other people and oblivious to their own failings.

scolairebocht

"Leo has been groomed on abortion by an international elite"

Yes he is very much a globalist figure thats for sure. You know a few weeks ago the British press were openly speculating that Varadkar was operating as a messenger for the EU in the Brexit negotiations, in otherwords that he didn't have a mind, or country, of his own, just an EU lacky. I think its very humiliating for us to have a Taoiseach like that...

ger12

He's entitled to his opinion, and to change it.

He was once pro life, now he's pro choice. I'm a little surprised, I'd pegged FG as a mostly pro life party.

However that's life.

Fair point about him wanting to be loved by Trudeau. Cringe inducing.

derryman

He was once pro life, now he's pro choice. I'm a little surprised, I'd pegged FG as a mostly pro life party.

However that's life.
Or death.
If you are one of the unlucky unborn

Eoin Coir

"Leo has been groomed on abortion by an international elite"

Yes he is very much a globalist figure thats for sure. You know a few weeks ago the British press were openly speculating that Varadkar was operating as a messenger for the EU in the Brexit negotiations, in otherwords that he didn't have a mind, or country, of his own, just an EU lacky. I think its very humiliating for us to have a Taoiseach like that...
He is standing up to the Brits,ok ?

realistic1

However that's life.

Is it really his "opinion" or a requirement of the medias endorsement of him???

scolairebocht

"He is standing up to the Brits,ok ?"

Its frustrating, to me anyway, when people reduce Irish sovereignty etc to an anti-British thing. The EU is clearly the very real and ever present danger to our independence, not the UK.

ger12

He is standing up to the Brits,ok ?
Coveney seemed to lead in that respect some weeks ago. I got a feeling that Vlad saw the reaction and followed suit.

ger12

Is it really his "opinion" or a requirement of the medias endorsement of him???
He's quite comfortable with de media imo. He's had them onside for quite awhile. So no, I don't think so?

Catalpast

Yes I definitely recall him saying everyone has a Right to be born

- why has he changed his mind now?

Its a risky move anyway as the Pro Life Movement is Huge

- while the Abortionists are only a small and shrill minority...

mac tíre

Yes I definitely recall him saying everyone has a Right to be born

- why has he changed his mind now?

Its a risky move anyway as the Pro Life Movement is Huge

- while the Abortionists are only a small and shrill minority...
And pro choice people?

realistic1

He's quite comfortable with de media imo. He's had them onside for quite awhile. So no, I don't think so?
It is easy have the media on your side when your ticking all their boxes. This countries health and housing issues have never been in such a precarious state and the media are giving Leo a free ride.

wombat

This countries health and housing issues have never been in such a precarious state and the media are giving Leo a free ride.
Have you listened to RTE lately?

Mercurial

Apparently it's perfectly okay to be groomed by an international elite when they represent folks like Wendy Grace's bosses at Spirit Radio...

D

Deleted member 17573

Leo has always had his mind firmly fixed on his next job, never on the one he is supposed to be doing. Have we any reason to revise that view just because he has made it to Taoiseach? His relative youth means there will be many years to be filled when his time as FG leader comes to an end, and that requires him to cozy up to the international elites.
I have no problem with him changing his mind, but one has to wonder if he has any firm political beliefs, or if he is merely blowing in the winds of his own political ambition.

ger12

Apparently it's perfectly okay to be groomed by an international elite when they represent folks like Wendy Grace's bosses at Spirit Radio...
I don't know what you're talking about (I'd wager I'm not alone either).

D

Deleted member 17573

How does that in any way justify Leo being so groomed? Never knew you were a Blueshirt, by the way. When did that terrible fate befall you?

Catalpast

And pro choice people?
People have divided opinions

But a straight abolition just gives too many hostages to Fortune

Politicians in general are weaklings

- they would cave into pressure over time

- end result a UK type Abortion Regime

- and the loss of thousands of Irish Lives....

NO THANKS!:evil:

Gurdiev77

However that's life.

Everybody wants to be loved by Trudeau- he has apparently exceptional charisma and personal charm.
Leo is only human !

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies