• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Varadkar watch - track his successes and failures as Taoiseach for easy reference

artfoley56

leo makes a total fool of himself

loner

leo makes a total fool of himself

His responses in Waterford were pathetic--FG will be in deep dodo there at the next election

basketcase

His responses in Waterford were pathetic--FG will be in deep dodo there at the next election
Pathetic yes - and disrespectful toward the health professionals who raised the issues, he basically tried to publicly discredit
them...not a good look, his spin doctors mustn't have had a hand in this one!

bells of shando

Leo is screwing up the country at a rapid rate , like he was given an agenda by his controllers. abortion, gay marriage, loss of neutrality with the EU Army and PESCO. Mass immigration and the UN Migrant Pact ,signed without debate or consultation.
We are screwed and will be a minority in our own country in 20 years,because of low birth rate and displacement. The New Plantation is ongoing,supported by a complicit cabal of FF/FG/SF

Disillusioned democrat

Pathetic yes - and disrespectful toward the health professionals who raised the issues, he basically tried to publicly discredit
them...not a good look, his spin doctors mustn't have had a hand in this one!
Ironically the same day Maurice McCabe settled his legal actions against the state - Varadkar is a liability to be honest.

artfoley56

This one?

I think Varadkar is being very kind to himself here...this is not the first time Varadkar has had to back down or apologise for gaffes...how many times is one too many?

Unsurprisingly p1ss poor reporting from the journal on that headline. Leo's apology was this “to anyone who feels that I did not treat this issue with the seriousness or sensitivity it deserved” i.e. I'm not sorry for inferring the 4 signatories of the letter were liars.

It's as dishonest and disingenuous as shatters apology to Wallace in the dail.

Disillusioned democrat

Unsurprisingly p1ss poor reporting from the journal on that headline. Leo's apology was this “to anyone who feels that I did not treat this issue with the seriousness or sensitivity it deserved” i.e. I'm not sorry for inferring the 4 signatories of the letter were liars.

...our journalists are far too busy being indignant at Trump's 3rd year as president or whether Biden has blessed Obama's backing to worry about the fact that our Taoiseach comes across as a sociopathic narcissist whose only leadership skill seems to be in forgetful apologies.

wombat

...our journalists are far too busy being indignant at Trump's 3rd year as president or whether Biden has blessed Obama's backing to worry about the fact that our Taoiseach comes across as a sociopathic narcissist whose only leadership skill seems to be in forgetful apologies.
I guess you don't like Varadkar but have you ever considered that your criticism is as trivial as your U.S. examples?

Disillusioned democrat

I guess you don't like Varadkar but have you ever considered that your criticism is as trivial as your U.S. examples?
On the day a Garda whistle blower finally got state recompense at probably huge cost to the state our Taoiseach was busy discrediting others trying to highlight failures in the state, then belatedly offers a limp "apology" when the evidence and popular opinion go against him and you believe that to be trivial...grand...but I believe it to be a massive error of judgement and an indication of the character of the man supposedly running this country.

brughahaha

Lot of it about ,from statements portarayed as apologies , which aren't , to regurgitating press release without question , to buying into what is clearly PR dressed up as policy while simultaneously under reporting atrocious scandals and PS mismanagement and Government failures ...along with the constant glowing soft focus Leo love.

Our atrocious ubiquitous media, which is uncritical of the state or the politicians , in the sort of controlled cosy relationship that is very unhealthy in an alleged democracy.

It is one of the problems that cause the growing public disconnect between the state and its institutions

ruman

Subservience towards those in authority has been the biggest problem we have since the foundation of the state.
Our obsequious media failed to criticise criminal acts against minors by the church and today it repeatedly fails to flag failings by senior civil servants and politicians.

bells of shando

Ireland does not have a Free Media , RTE is just a propaganda mouthpieces, and omits to investigate any criminality in our politics and its institution.. It is now known as Paddy's Pravda for its output of lies and distortions.
The most egregious form of propaganda is not to distort and lie, but to omit to report the truth.
The 3 main newspapers are privately owned and rely on Govt advertising to survive ,plus Dinny O'Brien of INM is part of the racket. He is not about to bite the hand that gives him lucrative contracts and monopolies.
To control a Nations people, it is only necessary to control the Media information. Dumb reporting and distraction are the name of the game.
The Romans did it with bread and Circuses. Today it is footie and Coronation St.

Disillusioned democrat

Ireland does not have a Free Media , RTE is just a propaganda mouthpieces, and omits to investigate any criminality in our politics and its institution.. It is now known as Paddy's Pravda for its output of lies and distortions.
The most egregious form of propaganda is not to distort and lie, but to omit to report the truth.
The 3 main newspapers are privately owned and rely on Govt advertising to survive ,plus Dinny O'Brien of INM is part of the racket. He is not about to bite the hand that gives him lucrative contracts and monopolies.
To control a Nations people, it is only necessary to control the Media information. Dumb reporting and distraction are the name of the game.
The Romans did it with bread and Circuses. Today it is footie and Coronation St.
If Varadkar has had one success it's been at how well he's used the media to gloss over his apparent incompetence.

Ahern used to be referred to as the Teflon Taoiseach, but Varadkar seems to have taken non-stick to a whole new level - potentially by appointing even less impressive ministers (Harris, Murphy, Doherty, Ring) he's created a firebreak between himself and the abject failure of the government to deliver on any real challenges.

bells of shando

Irelands Govt has no real power to affect change. They are just errand boys to carry out the diktats of the EU, in the interests of Corporate and Financial interests.
As long as Irelands electorate keep putting the same useless corrupt parties of FF/FG and their fellow lapdogs Liebour/SF into the Dail, Ireland is going to accelerate downhill.
A dumb people deserves an even dumber Govt.

artfoley56

FF = bank bailouts etc
LAB = pathetic
SF = murder abuse apologists
independents = populism waste of time

FG are the only option
is this some kind of bad joke?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies