Varadkar watch - track his successes and failures as Taoiseach for easy reference

hammer

If we don't learn from the past we're liable to make the same mistakes over and over again - it's clear from our recent leaders that we haven't been learning much.

The airwaves are full of triumphal praise for Kenny as he retires on a CEO's salary after 40 years of piss poor public "service", as if the monumental gaffes and downright incompetence and venality he demonstrated over the past decade have been - somehow - forgotten.
Some recovery since 2011 all the same when he was CEO

15%+ unemployment heading towards 20%
Now 6%

Disillusioned democrat

Objectivity?
To be honest I genuinely welcomed Kenny as the new Taoiseach in 2011 and I expected an awful lot from him. I was objective then, but within 12 months he had clearly demonstrated his interests were not 100 aligned with the citizens of this country.

Perhaps if people - and the media - we a little more attentive and vocal during the first 12 months Kenny may have been a better leader.

SamsonS

To be honest I genuinely welcomed Kenny as the new Taoiseach in 2011 and I expected an awful lot from him. I was objective then, but within 12 months he had clearly demonstrated his interests were not 100 aligned with the citizens of this country.

Perhaps if people - and the media - we a little more attentive and vocal during the first 12 months Kenny may have been a better leader.
Ok. But if your looking for objectivity in analysis having a rant is not the way to go.

In relation Leo, would your OP not make more sense if some tangible metrics were also included?

Uganda

I couldn't give a flying f u c k if he is gay or not, what i do care about is the fact he is lying blueshirt who despises the working classes and will further enrich big business whilst continuing FG's race to the bottom on wages and conditions.

Wrong. He doesnt despise people who get up and go to work.

He may well despide those who doss all day. And he would bbe right.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

Wrong. He doesnt despise people who get up and go to work.

He may well despide those who doss all day. And he would bbe right.
Really? Plenty of people who work themselves to the bone and Leo and his policies do nothing for them.

But do continue the childish black and white narrative, its enjoyable watching you and your ilk play your bullsh*t bingo.

Last edited:

Dasayev

tús maith leath na h-oibre

If he gets rid of the deadwood out of the cabinet and sacks Nóirín, then we will know he means business.

cozzy121

Well his war on the poor and hatred of the homeless is continuing..

HarshBuzz

Ok. But if your looking for objectivity in analysis having a rant is not the way to go.

In relation Leo, would your OP not make more sense if some tangible metrics were also included?
now come on Samson, it's all about how the people feel. That's how you get electoral outcomes like Brexit and Trump.

Disillusioned democrat

now come on Samson, it's all about how the people feel. That's how you get electoral outcomes like Brexit and Trump.
Metrics are for managers, results are for leaders.

Kenny oversaw some tremendous "metrics" - the same ones you quote on every thread almost every day, but it's real outcomes that matter - the number of families homeless, the fact that no one has been made accountable for the events that led to the crash, that we can't believe or trust the Gardai, that €1bn was WASTED creating Irish Water, that Denis O'Brien - a proven corrupter of due process is still happily engaged in business with and within the state. Kenny was so incompetent and/or corrupt that after 5 short years he handed back the reins of real power to FF, who 5 years earlier people had written off - that's his real legacy.

These are the outcomes that matter to people.

TheWolf

True.

Thats how the bimbo o'neill got to be leader of sinn fein in Northern Ireland. None of your oul voting sh1te.
:D
How can an individual like yourself, who obviously has at least one brain cell and is able to power up a computer or smartphone, be so utterly clueless about everything else?
Stick to your child sex abuse obsession.

galteeman

Metrics are for managers, results are for leaders.

Kenny oversaw some tremendous "metrics" - the same ones you quote on every thread almost every day, but it's real outcomes that matter - the number of families homeless, the fact that no one has been made accountable for the events that led to the crash, that we can't believe or trust the Gardai, that €1bn was WASTED creating Irish Water, that Denis O'Brien - a proven corrupter of due process is still happily engaged in business with and within the state. Kenny was so incompetent and/or corrupt that after 5 short years he handed back the reins of real power to FF, who 5 years earlier people had written off - that's his real legacy.

These are the outcomes that matter to people.
The cops were always corrupt and you can hardly blame Kenny for that. At least recently the corruption is being brought to light which is a start. It's not easy to see how this will be fixed and I suppose nobody will be held to account as there are too many guilty, so all that can be done is to put in place systems to make sure the corruption stops from now on. Can't see how any party in power could do any better than that in practice despite all the guff from the opposition.
The homeless issue is a result of lack of houses being built for a number of years. Anyways we all know that many are only bogus homeless like the lady in the car down in Cork who actually has a house in Clare. Any of those families could get housing if they were willing to move to the numerous places in Ireland with housing available but they are homeless by choice really as a form of blackmail on the system.
You can hardly blame Kenny if the cops/DPP won't do anything about O'Brien, he doesn't have the power to interfere in their workings right? Now it follows that as O'Brien hasn't been convicted of any offence the state can hardly discriminate against him in awarding contracts as they would be open to more lawsuits.
And btw he didn't bring FF back to life, the voters did that. They could have voted for other parties after all.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies