Varadkar watch - track his successes and failures as Taoiseach for easy reference

carlovian

Anyone suggesting the Coveney would be a better leader for FG should listen to his performance on Drivetime now and contrast it with Varadkar on This week yesterday.
Just listened on playback.

Sometimes forget how poor a media performer he is. He says emmmmm every sentence.

And he gets narky so quickly.

I remember Cowen giving him a kicking on questions and answers before the 2007 election.

Half Nelson

Varadkar caught telling whoppers in a radio interview -

Varadkar to @rtenews This Week: “…shocking, shocking photograph and one I found very upsetting. We still haven’t been able to find that child, unfortunately”

Homeless Street Cafe: “We speak to his mother and him every week.. They also have our contact details and we have hers..he is very easy to find.” ”

Broadsheet.ie

jmcc

Varadkar caught telling whoppers in a radio interview -

Varadkar to @rtenews This Week: “…shocking, shocking photograph and one I found very upsetting. We still haven’t been able to find that child, unfortunately”

Homeless Street Cafe: “We speak to his mother and him every week.. They also have our contact details and we have hers..he is very easy to find.” ”

Broadsheet.ie
That lying piece of sh!t Varadkar doesn't give a damn about anyone except himself.

The OD

Putting up election posters is part of our democracy and has been for generations.

Calling it littering and equating it to bankrupting the country is brain dead stuff.
A) If its up outside of the permitted time, it is litter.

B) I didn't equate it to bankrupting the country, I didn't even mention it, you did, so you're a liar and neither an interesting nor bright one.

If you are incapable of discussing honestly, jog on and bother someone else with your inanity and don't bother engaging with me again. You might think certain people are above the law or deserving of your obsequience, I have a bit more respect for myself.

Last edited:

shiel

FG and FF are like school children. Whenever they get criticised for their failures they always revert to the 'it wasn't me it was him excuse'.

The FF bastards have been out of power for nearly 10 years, its time your party take responsibility for its failures.
I am not making a partisan party political point.

If any other political group had the backing of the media to win five elections in a row between 1987 and 2007 and have their arses licked by media when they were making decisions which bankrupt the country they could have been better or worse.

But cheer leading a virtual one party state was not good for democracy.

That is what happened in the 1997-2010 period and it ended in the country going spectacularly broke.

Cheer leading the people who bankrupt the country then and allowing them to blame everyone else for the present day consequences in housing, health etc as the Irish media are doing now is going back to the pre-2010 situation and is indefensible.

shiel

A) If its up outside of the permitted time, it is litter.

B) I didn't equate it to bankrupting the country, I didn't even mention it, you did, so you're a liar and neither an interesting nor bright one.

If you are incapable of discussing honestly, jog on and bother someone else with your inanity and don't bother engaging with me again. You might think certain people are above the law or deserving of your obsequience, I have a bit more respect for myself.
Telling people who have a different opinion that they are members of the lower orders, should know their place, shut their gobs and not be bothering important, respectable people like yourself is a bit over the top.

All are citizens of this democratic republic and are entitled to their opinions.

Telling people to not engage in the democratic discourse has to be challenged.

The answer has to be NO.

ruman

I am not making a partisan party political point.

If any other political group had the backing of the media to win five elections in a row between 1987 and 2007 and have their arses licked by media when they were making decisions which bankrupt the country they could have been better or worse.

But cheer leading a virtual one party state was not good for democracy.

That is what happened in the 1997-2010 period and it ended in the country going spectacularly broke.

Cheer leading the people who bankrupt the country then and allowing them to blame everyone else for the present day consequences in housing, health etc as the Irish media are doing now is going back to the pre-2010 situation and is indefensible.
You've been posting this guff for over 10 years now. Seriously change the record mate. We get it daddy voted FG and FF are "evil", whatever.
The one party state is FFGLab, there's no difference between them other than they all put the needs of particular vested interest groups over the needs of the general population.

The OD

Telling people who have a different opinion that they are members of the lower orders, should know their place, shut their gobs and not be bothering important, respectable people like yourself is a bit over the top.
You only manage to get one thing right above. I am important and respectable. Law abiding too. I detest litterers and liars.

All are citizens of this democratic republic and are entitled to their opinions.
When I need a primary school civic lesson I'll give you call, ya?

Telling people to not engage in the democratic discourse has to be challenged.
I see. Cognitive impairment. I'll keep the sentences short.

This. Is a private. Website. It's not 'engage(ing) in the democratic discourse'. But feel free to challenge it when and where you see it, although you seem to be struggling with your challenge to truth and reality already.

Sad!

The answer has to be NO.
If it's about whether or not tell lies, absolutely, maybe practice what you preach.

For anyone who couldn't be bothered reading back through the thread, the above all stems from me having an issue with Leo putting his posters up early.

Shiel above decided to go off on some rant about the threats to the very fabric of our democracy.

It's cute really, like watching a cat play with an iPad.

The OD

So FG and Varadkar are bulldozing the homeless now?
If they did not check to see if someone was inside before attempting to move the tent and the person in question dies, surely that is involuntary manslaughter by negligence?

Where's 'Wild Atlantic Way' guy to spin this one for Eoin the Builder (NO HE CAN'T!)?

EDIT: I see Leo is straight into attack mode: He said it was important that the Lord Mayor of Dublin Paul McAuliffe, who is politically responsible for the city council, make a statement on the matter.

So his first reaction is that he is 'concerned', fair enough, but more into defending the process of removal and playing the blame game. Exactly the sort of heartless crap we have come to expect from this clown.

Half Nelson

If they did not check to see if someone was inside before attempting to move the tent and the person in question dies, surely that is involuntary manslaughter by negligence?

Where's 'Wild Atlantic Way' guy to spin this one for Eoin the Builder (NO HE CAN'T!)?

EDIT: I see Leo is straight into attack mode: He said it was important that the Lord Mayor of Dublin Paul McAuliffe, who is politically responsible for the city council, make a statement on the matter.

So his first reaction is that he is 'concerned', fair enough, but more into defending the process of removal and playing the blame game. Exactly the sort of heartless crap we have come to expect from this clown.
Varadkar instinctively tries to absolve himself of blame. He did the same in Health.
Oliver Callan parodied his wriggling - "it was like that when I got here".

ruman

Varadkar instinctively tries to absolve himself of blame. He did the same in Health.
Oliver Callan parodied his wriggling - "it was like that when I got here".
He's a man of no principles or beliefs. It's a useful trait for a politician in fairness as if his focus group tells him the public now support the opposite of the position he currently holds he can easily perform a u turn.

Should he lose Varadkar will pick up a financially lucrative position in Europe or the corporate sector where his ability to prattle on while saying absolutely nothing will be useful.
For Leo FG are irrelevant given ultimately it is all about brand Leo.

shiel

You've been posting this guff for over 10 years now. Seriously change the record mate. We get it daddy voted FG and FF are "evil", whatever.
The one party state is FFGLab, there's no difference between them other than they all put the needs of particular vested interest groups over the needs of the general population.
And I will continue to repeat it for the next ten years if I am still around.

One political group has been in power for something like two thirds of the time since independence with the support of the media.

The same political group have won five elections in a row between 1987 and 2007 with the support of the media.

The same political group made decisions when they were in virtually unchallenged power between 1997 and 2010 which bankrupted country spectacularly in 2010.

We are all living with the consequences still.

Media however are allowing that particular political group to get away with blaming everyone else for the consequences of their own decisions.

Media are cheer leading that political group back into power in the current election.

All of that is not good for the health of our democracy.

shiel

You only manage to get one thing right above. I am important and respectable. Law abiding too. I detest litterers and liars.

When I need a primary school civic lesson I'll give you call, ya?

I see. Cognitive impairment. I'll keep the sentences short.

This. Is a private. Website. It's not 'engage(ing) in the democratic discourse'. But feel free to challenge it when and where you see it, although you seem to be struggling with your challenge to truth and reality already.

Sad!

If it's about whether or not tell lies, absolutely, maybe practice what you preach.

For anyone who couldn't be bothered reading back through the thread, the above all stems from me having an issue with Leo putting his posters up early.

Shiel above decided to go off on some rant about the threats to the very fabric of our democracy.

It's cute really, like watching a cat play with an iPad.
As an exercise in self righteousness and intolerance that is something.

You are important and respectable.

I am a litterer and a liar and suffering from cognitive impairment.

I should not be allowed on this private website as it is not part of the democratic discourse.

Can I just remind you that all of us are equal citizens of this democratic republic whose forebears had to put up with that kind of contempt for centuries.

Politics matters

One political group has been in power for something like two thirds of the time since independence with the support of the media.

The same political group have won five elections in a row between 1987 and 2007 with the support of the media.

The same political group made decisions when they were in virtually unchallenged power between 1997 and 2010 which bankrupted country spectacularly in 2010.

Media however are allowing that particular political group to get away with blaming everyone else for the consequences of their own decisions.

Media are cheer leading that political group back into power in the current election.

How long do you think FG should be entitled to use those excuses? Can they blame FF indefinitely? And if they can blame FF forever, what is the point in the electorate voting for them? What have they got to offer?

Disillusioned democrat

Any chance of a few examples of the sordid collusion between the media and FF of which you speak?

effer

Any chance of a few examples of the sordid collusion between the media and FF of which you speak?
I can remember the Indo building up the myth of FF. Jody Corcoran for one being a prime example. The cancer really took hold when the media influencers bought into the FF property pyramid scheme. Thus they were vested. We read Ballsy o connor goading people for being reticent about getting into property .We later learned that he had a number of property investments. Likewise we had The Plank suggesting cuts to save the economy thus his ass because he was another property enthusiast. I'm sure there were many other examples of the sordid collusion between the media and FF.

shiel

How long do you think FG should be entitled to use those excuses? Can they blame FF indefinitely? And if they can blame FF forever, what is the point in the electorate voting for them? What have they got to offer?
I think it would be time to put them back into government in the 2025 election as many who were around the cabinet table in the 1997- 2010 and made the decisions which bankrupt the country would be retired by then.

By that time too the present crowd would be too arrogant from being in power for a long period and they would need to be replaced.

Popular Threads

Most Replies