• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Varadkar will not implement hard border in event of hard Brexit

ShoutingIsLeadership

Your choice is between the old empire and the nEU imperial racket.

I advocate sovereignty, and a practical acceptance that a lot of people on the islands of Ireland and Britain happen to be related to one another.

All we get from a French influenced EU racket is stitchups, bondholder bailouts a patronizing pat on the head everytime we bow to our nEU masters.
Yes that's all that the EU has ever given us. Ever. Fact.

Jack O Neill

How about a hard border that starts at Calais, and leave the CTA in place ?

It would even result in Ireland having more sovereignty at the expense of imperial HQ in brussels.
With our very good friends d Englis , thanks but no thanks

Vega1447

shiel

I am not sure the EU was around 800 years ago nor was it much of a "special" status in the UK. But if you want to keep looking backwards please yourself.
But rule from London was around for eight centuries.

Leaving the EU and going back to that as you are advocating would not be good.

Jack O Neill

Well, they "minded" us for (?) 800 years and would be happy to do so again.
A totally trustworthy people , we should be grateful for their kind considerations.:roll: When are they going to fjuk off and create this wondrous empire rebuild , am sick of this waiting , just go, take the fireman's advice and get out , get your children out and stay out .

General Urko

Never trust the Britz and never trust The EU! Simple as!

Ireniall

So given the choice of being in the EU with no free access to UK market

and being in the EU and having free access to UK market

You would choose the former?

OK
Do you seriously think that this would be the outcome of such a decision by our government?

brughahaha

Some Brexiteers see the Irish Sea Border as the solution.
Some Brexiteers - like you, for example - see the Irish Sea Border as a fantasy.

"Houston, we have....." and all the rest......

No worries, Brexiteers still have some time to make your minds up - though time is running short for the British Govt.
And the Prime Minister said "There can be No trade border in the Irish Sea ..No Prime Minister could accept it " ...But apparently thats not strident enough for some EU fantasists :roll:
https://news.sky.com/story/defiant-theresa-may-rejects-eus-plan-for-northern-ireland-border-11270865

brughahaha

It would be foolish to deny that a substantial part of our heritage and culture are Anglo-Irish, and not some Celtic mythology. All of my ancestors, going back quite a few generations, were English-speaking citizens of the British Empire.
Oh its far closer than that .....My son was at the Royal Brompton Hospital in London last month .....Tests aren't available in Ireland , so off to those horrible nasty Brits to provide medical services for us ........But it was alright as I had a choice of 3 sisters , 2 Brothers and a raft of Aunts and Uncles I could have stayed with .........If I had to go to France ....... Hotel

asset test

Is it just me, or is SF very quiet on this matter so far?

Just wondered at the silence from up there. Is it a good tactic I wonder, or maybe no one up there cares much.

statsman

At every point, everyone is agreed there will be no hard border. There’s a commitment from the UK that there will be no hard border. What’s the issue here?
He's gay. And an Indian. And a Blueshirt.

SPN

And popular with the voters.

So a certain type of politician is always on the lookout for ways to put him down.

redacted

I would vote for FF if there was an election tomorrow, and if I had a vote. But I was never a FFer the sense of being a member, nor did I ever claim to be.
You went to bat, and meltdown, often enough for them.

brughahaha

Yeah , thats why ..everyones saying it ...oh no hang on ..just you

You truly are an utter gobsh!te aren't you ...:roll:

Ireniall

For the slow learners among you...

The first truck load of tariff-free, hormone-laden American beef arriving into the UK will inevitably result in a hard border. The only question is whether it will be east-west or north-south.
It will be north/south and the rest of the EU will need to check everything coming from Ireland if we fail to stop British goods at the border. Perhaps pre-clearing and an army of officers might do the job across the south instead of actually at the border and let the whole island be a free-for-all. Perhaps the British will not impose checks in the Irish Sea for a while but if EU goods start turn up in GB in big numbers that will have to change too. Lovely

statsman

Is it just me, or is SF very quiet on this matter so far?

Just wondered at the silence from up there. Is it a good tactic I wonder, or maybe no one up there cares much.
They're showing uncommon, and uncharacteristic, good sense.

SPN

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies