• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Varadkar will not implement hard border in event of hard Brexit

statsman

That is unsettling. I think there is something brewing and it ain't tea either.
Primarily it's because they trust the Dublin government and the EU negotiation team.

dresden8

In the current climate with Trump putting tarriffs on everything and they have no trade deals in place...?....India have already attached immigration to the UK as part of any potential deal...you can be sure the Chinese will also strike a hard bargain ....

If they want to ignore a market on their doorstep of 460 million people good luck to them....
You are still discussing logic.

Brexit is nothing to do with logic. It is embedded in 19th century imperialism. JRM agrees with Leo. We don't want a border. There won't be one.

It's a mistake.

asset test

Primarily it's because they trust the Dublin government and the EU negotiation team.
But the Duppers are in the opposite camp and haven't said much either have they. Well they probably don't have to because they are in charge of Westminster now lol.

statsman

But the Duppers are in the opposite camp and haven't said much either have they. Well they probably don't have to because they are in charge of Westminster now lol.
They've said more than enough.

Last edited:

runwiththewind

It would be foolish to deny that a substantial part of our heritage and culture are Anglo-Irish, and not some Celtic mythology. All of my ancestors, going back quite a few generations, were English-speaking citizens of the British Empire.
Oh the Anglo-culture. Missing the big house, famines, rack renting and ethnic cleansing? This was Anglo-Irish culture

SPN

Oh the Anglo-culture. Missing the big house, famines, rack renting and ethnic cleansing? This was Anglo-Irish culture
And there I was thinking that was Fianna Fail culture.

SPN

RasherHash

Gemma O'Doherty
@gemmaod1
The depraved work of #PaulWilliams and #StephenRae who assisted garda management in their smear campaign to destroy the most courageous officer in the land. How can any Irish citizen continue to support any #DenisOBrien owned media? #DisclosuresTribunal

shiel

Down the decades whistle blowers were buried by the powerful with the cooperation of the media.

All this furore about McCabe is so much hypocritical ************************e.

It does not do much for the image of the media.

Tippytop

You forget that the single market was never extended to services, when I worked in the UK that p**sed the Brits off a lot.

Strawberry

You forget that the single market was never extended to services, when I worked in the UK that p**sed the Brits off a lot.
I guess it'll not make any difference to them when they lose their financial passporting then.