Vasectomy Money ran out in March. What are Irish women going we to do?

valamhic

What a garbled OP. It appears to be about three times as long as it needs to be and loses itself along the way.

35k is a pitiful amount of money to fund vasectomies. Had it done myself a few years back but had to pay for it myself as its not paid for by the state unless you have a medical/gp card. It cost me €675.
If it were too short, some of the slow learners here would not understand it and if its too long I get complaints like yours. If I were to do a short version it would go something like this.

Unkind cut in funding for the kindest cut of all!

edg

"A survey carried out in Britain found that of 1,000 married men who were vasectomized in 2013, only 34 (.34%) of their wives later conceived a baby....."

Maybe I'm a bleedin' eegit, but I thought the object of the exercise was to prevent pregnancy.
They are not 100% effective.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
It seems reasonable to believe that for every man that plays away from home there is woman also playing away.

Are you suggesting that only 1 to 2 percent of men play away??. Not quite the reputation we've got.
No need for that second question mark. The figures I quote are about men unknowingly bringing up children that are biologically not theirs.

And as for your "reasonable belief", it's a bit more compicated than all that. The number of men who play away may be far larger than teh number of women who do so for several reasons, just two of which are the following: (a) that men with partners can, and often do, play away with single women, and (b) that men with partners go to professionals far more than women do.

The general view that the average man is far more likely to indulge in infidelity than the average woman is not the contradiction some people take it to be.

valamhic

Would it not be money well spent to reduce lower class breeding children who will be an expence in dole payment in years to come. Or would the bookies and pubs go burst?

Watcher2

Its a lot until you consider the price of nappies!
The propoer equivalency would the the price of jonnies. But that's not the point. It was a 20 minute procedure with about another 10/15 minutes of the doctors time. That's a lot of money.

valamhic

Its still a fvcking stupid idea. And how would it cut costs btw? I just dont get it and it appears that you dont either.
When I got approval for my farm wast management system in 2008, the government ran out of money and they withheld part of the money for 2 years until they got enough to pay. Same as if you want a car and trailer, you buy the car this year and the trailer next year

valamhic

The propoer equivalency would the the price of jonnies. But that's not the point. It was a 20 minute procedure with about another 10/15 minutes of the doctors time. That's a lot of money.
It is a lot of money for something that can fail, especially if you are away a lot.

Watcher2

When I got approval for my farm wast management system in 2008, the government ran out of money and they withheld part of the money for 2 years until they got enough to pay. Same as if you want a car and trailer, you buy the car this year and the trailer next year
Apart from the the potential that doing half a vasectomy might likely increase the chance of failure, it's still not saving any money. It's still the same amount being paid. It saves nothing.

Watcher2

It is a lot of money for something that can fail, especially if you are away a lot.
Something that can fail 0.34% of the time? That's a very, very small failure rate. Jonnies are 1%. And that's generally the go-to method for so many. That said, you'd be surprised how many guys are snipped. When I decided to do it and told various people, I was surprised at how many people I knew were also snipped.

But what do you mean by being " away a lot" above?

valamhic

Something that can fail 0.34% of the time? That's a very, very small failure rate. Jonnies are 1%. And that's generally the go-to method for so many. That said, you'd be surprised how many guys are snipped. When I decided to do it and told various people, I was surprised at how many people I knew were also snipped.

But what do you mean by being " away a lot" above?
The failure rate tends to be higher in families where the husband is a way a lot. A few years ago a lot of Irish soldiers who had it done
were sent to the Lebanon on a peace keeping mission. Their women got pregnant why they were away!

Watcher2

The failure rate tends to be higher in families where the husband is a way a lot. A few years ago a lot of Irish soldiers who had it done
were sent to the Lebanon on a peace keeping mission. Their women got pregnant why they were away!
I'll take the output from what was measured rather than the farts from your brain.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom