Vastly overpaid and overpensioned public sector and politicians to get a 2% pay increase on the back of a broken private sector

hiding behind a poster

Just go to CSO website in Ireland and Eurostat. I won't waste more time finding those links for public sector shills,although one public sector worker apologised for accusing me of lying about the CSO link on the 48% pay premium. Your apology is qualified now in recognition that you begin to recognise you falsely accused me of lying about the links.
There's no study of pay rates between comparable jobs in the public and private sectors Pat, and you well know it. That's why you've never posted one.

Now, are you gonna tell everyone why you're running away from discussing the outrageous 800% pay premium that the public sector medical consultant enjoys over the private sector burger-flipper, or will I have to tell everyone why you don't want to talk about it?

Patslatt1

There's no study of pay rates between comparable jobs in the public and private sectors Pat, and you well know it. That's why you've never posted one.

Now, are you gonna tell everyone why you're running away from discussing the outrageous 800% pay premium that the public sector medical consultant enjoys over the private sector burger-flipper, or will I have to tell everyone why you don't want to talk about it?
Knock yourelf out!

cobra

Twitter
dont do twittering nonsense
Anybody prepared to admit how many are "working" for the "public service" or are sucking off the social welfare tit?

hiding behind a poster

Well, Pat is still refusing, despite his claim of and objection to a supposed 45% pay premium between the public and private sectors, to discuss the apparently far more shocking 800% pay premium that exists between a public sector medical consultant and a private sector burger-flipper. I asked him several times to discuss this, but he never did. And here's why - because if Pat discusses it, he has to make the argument that it's fair to pay the consultant much more than the burger-flipper because of the consultant's level of education and training required, the highly complex and demanding nature of the work, and the legal responsibilities, amongst other things, compared to the burger-flipper. Meaning that the two jobs aren't remotely comparable, therefore any comparison of their pay rates is also totally pointless.
Which would mean that Pat would be accepting in principle the argument that not all jobs are comparable with each other. And that therefore his fatuous claim of a 45% pay premium in the public sector is nonsense, because it's based on nothing more than thousands of examples, to a greater or lesser extent on each side of the fence, of the consultant and the burger-flipper bundled together.

Good luck, Pat - game over, ball burst, as we used to say as kids.

Patslatt1

Well, Pat is still refusing, despite his claim of and objection to a supposed 45% pay premium between the public and private sectors, to discuss the apparently far more shocking 800% pay premium that exists between a public sector medical consultant and a private sector burger-flipper. I asked him several times to discuss this, but he never did. And here's why - because if Pat discusses it, he has to make the argument that it's fair to pay the consultant much more than the burger-flipper because of the consultant's level of education and training required, the highly complex and demanding nature of the work, and the legal responsibilities, amongst other things, compared to the burger-flipper. Meaning that the two jobs aren't remotely comparable, therefore any comparison of their pay rates is also totally pointless.
Which would mean that Pat would be accepting in principle the argument that not all jobs are comparable with each other. And that therefore his fatuous claim of a 45% pay premium in the public sector is nonsense, because it's based on nothing more than thousands of examples, to a greater or lesser extent on each side of the fence, of the consultant and the burger-flipper bundled together.

Good luck, Pat - game over, ball burst, as we used to say as kids.
Say the 800% pay premium in your hypothetical example above applied in Ireland,indexed at 900 vs 100, while the pay premium in the UK for exactly the same occupations was lower at 701 vs 100. The latter reflects the actual public sector pay premium averages of 45% and 13% above the private sectors.* Why should the Irish consultant be paid 800% more while the English consultant is paid 601% more? Of course you are in denial about the importance of Ireland's huge 45% average premium that is extreme among EU countries.
*900/145%=620.7 adjusted down for 45% typical premium to compare with UK. Increase latter by 13% to 701,which is 601% more than index base 100.

hiding behind a poster

Say the 800% pay premium in your hypothetical example above applied in Ireland,indexed at 900 vs 100, while the pay premium in the UK for exactly the same occupations was lower at 701 vs 100. The latter reflects the actual public sector pay premium averages of 45% and 13% above the private sectors.* Why should the Irish consultant be paid 800% more while the English consultant is paid 601% more? Of course you are in denial about the importance of Ireland's huge 45% average premium that is extreme among EU countries.
*900/145%=620.7 adjusted down for 45% typical premium to compare with UK. Increase latter by 13% to 701,which is 601% more than index base 100.
As I said, game over, ball burst. And still not addressing the point. Why is the public sector medical consultant in Ireland paid 8 times what the private sector burger-flipper in Ireland is paid, Pat?

Patslatt1

As I said, game over, ball burst. And still not addressing the point. Why is the public sector medical consultant in Ireland paid 8 times what the private sector burger-flipper in Ireland is paid, Pat?
Why is the Irish consultant paid 8 times more when the UK consultant is paid 6 times more, assuming these are representative of the broad average public sector pay premiums? Obviousy there is a skill difference beween the consultant and the burger flipper, but the same skill difference is rewarded VASTLY HIGHER in Ireland than the UK. You can indulge in all the SHILLERY you want to ignore that critical point. So write a few more paragraphs to obscure it and complain about the links on public vs private sector pay you are too lazy to look up on CSO and Eurostat.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom