Vatican get huge donations from Irish Business people!!

Disabled student

I came across an interesting snippet from the media::mad:

Vatican gets huge donations from struggling Irish businessmen (but not towards Pope’s trip to Britain)

Irish builders and bankers who have reigned over a catastrophic virtual collapse in the country’s economy donated nearly €9m to the Vatican last year. Among those named as donors were property developers whose loans have been taken over by the state-run National Assets Management Agency (NAMA). Property developers Derek Quinlan, Treasury Holdings' Johnny Ronan, Ballymore Properties' Sean Mulryan and Paddy McKillen, one of the so called "Anglo 10" all made significant donations.

The Patrons of the Arts in the Vatican Museums published recently reveals that these troubled property developers provided ‘financial support’ for the restoration of the historic Pauline Chapel in the Vatican Museum.

Fellow donors included former Anglo Irish bank chairman Sean FitzPatrick and the controversial former boss of Irish Nationwide Michael Fingleton. Other donors included Digicel owner Denis O’Brien and William Bollinger, the Irish co-founder of the €3bn Egerton Capital Hedge Fund.

The donors were given special medallions after a private mass in the Pauline chapel, celebrated by Cardinal Lajolo last July. Solid gold ‘Michelangelo'’ medallions were given to donors who had given more than $1m, with silver ‘Raphael’ medallions for donors of $500,000 plus. ‘Bramante’ medals were presented to donors of $250,000 or more. A marble plaque listing the names of all 26 donors, including the Irish builders and bankers, was unveiled in the chapel.

No mention was made about what medals would be awarded to the Irish taxpayers who have had to bail out all the businesses in which these people were involved over the past year.

Tomas Mor

Yes I read that. I think it is conscience money from rogues. Bit like those do gooders who pay no tax but involve themselves in charity or animal rights. Sort of preparation for next world, and to assuage conscience having robbed young people here and put them in hock fpor generations with negative equity, NAMA and what have you

James Healy

I dont think he ever got it for donations. He was of the Catholic right and anti Jew.

spidermom

Most of the morally corrupt Irish dynasties together at last!!!

No sign of political parties to complete the holy trinity????

DCon

Most of the morally corrupt Irish dynasties together at last!!!

No sign of political parties to complete the holy trinity????
The man upstairs knows that FF had a big part to play.

Bertie will be ok.

Mouroux

People like Denis O'Brien do not hand over millions for a shiny badge... they are using the Vatican to network. By the way the Vatican has more wealth as it is than any corporation, trust, or country on the planet. They have huge amounts of gold bullion with the Bank of England/City of London and also being managed from New York. The Vatican continually profits from stock markets and exchanges... while preaching about poverty in the Third World.

When on earth are we all going to wake up... and quick, before it's too late.

Monday Monday

Pascals Wager me Ballacks.

I'm going to live my life as a full blown athiest then, when the big day is coming up, I'll slip a few bob to the Vatican and jump the queue ahead of all you mass-going suckers.

Me and the G-Man is tight, cos he gotta get paid.
Can I getta Hoo Hoo?

new jewell

How where they contacted ,are they all members of some group, who are the Chapter's refered to on the plaque.

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
That plaque is lovely. Do you think that Johnny was originally going to add Glenda's name to it, perhaps in Latin, before she kicked him in the balls in a pub in Ranelagh?

P.

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

The Patrons of the Vatican Museums now also mention the "honorable" sponsors online as well.

Pauline Chapel is the smallest, the most remote and the most secret among all the chapels inside the Apostolic Palace...

"the financial support provided by the Patrons of the Arts in the Vatican Museums and it is proper that their names are delivered to the memory and to the gratitude of the future generations: Mr. and Mrs. Michael Hintze, Mr. and Mrs. Jaime Davila, Mr. and Mrs. Bruce Halle, Mr. and Mrs. William Bollinger, Mr. Mark Keane, Mr. Patrick, McKillen, Mr. Sean Mulryan, Mr. Derek Quinlan, Mr. John Ronan, Mr. John J. Brogan and Family, Mr. Sean Fitzpatrick, Mr. Denis O'Brien, Sir Thomas Farmer and Family, The Brown Foundation, The Florida Chapter, The Texas Chapter, Mr. Thomas Quick, Mr. and Mrs. John Foster, Mr. and Mrs. Timothy Rooney, Mr. Michael Fingleton, Mr. and Mrs. Howard Fromson , Mr. and Mrs. Bradley Collins, Mr. and Mrs. James Colross, Mr. Michael Boberschmidt, Mr. John McCaffrey, and Mrs. Shirley Kernan."

Bandheacseoir

The donors were given special medallions after a private mass in the Pauline chapel, celebrated by Cardinal Lajolo last July. Solid gold ‘Michelangelo'’ medallions were given to donors who had given more than $1m, with silver ‘Raphael’ medallions for donors of $500,000 plus. ‘Bramante’ medals were presented to donors of $250,000 or more. A marble plaque listing the names of all 26 donors, including the Irish builders and bankers, was unveiled in the chapel.
It's what Jesus would've wanted :roll:

LamportsEdge

That lot are about as respectable as the cult they are funding.

Samell

That lot are about as respectable as the cult they are funding.
Are you sure there is an L in that ninth word?

They are just like Santa we do all the work and they get the praise.

With all that money why was their redress bill capped so low?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies