Vegan Ireland: The Vegan Society of Ireland. New Introductory Video.

RootofStar

LIVE VEGAN!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM92Cljxoic"]YouTube - Vegan Ireland Introduction.[/ame]

Last edited:

RootofStar

New upload as of today.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM92Cljxoic]YouTube - Vegan Ireland Introduction.[/ame]

Asparagus

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7qDBCDMSo8]YouTube - Vegan Police - Scott Pilgrim[/ame]

The other side

tomybhoy

Website
www.greyhoundnuts.com
Its going to be tough to sell the non violent side to veganism when one of their leading lights in Ireland has a serious criminal conviction in the UK.
Ah Shur I suppose he was naive at that time.......still though, plotting to bomb isnt exactly living this BS propaganda Vegan lifestyle.
Take a bow Roger;)

DeputyEdo

My missus was a veggie for the last 18 years (she's 32 now)......I've made her see sense...she now eats meat again....she loves a good crispy rasher

Pauli

Its a mental health issue. The main sufferers are deeply neurotic middle class women also "males" who want to live on beans and celery cause they might live 10 yrs longer(when nothing works anyway).

I had a friend who is a veggie, she went to eastern Europe, they asked her what was wrong with her.
A veggie friend of mine got a job in the Czech Republic. He found that there was meat in almost every dish he encountered there. The Czechs thought he had some health disorder that prevented him from eating meat, considering anybody who did this voluntarily as some kind of weirdo. After many debates, sometimes getting very heated, he was advised to stick to drinking beer since there was no meat in it. At least he was in one of the world's best beer making countries.

Aspherical123

Depends if the sheep is still alive and you "wearing" it for personal gratification on an appendage of yours.
Shows vegans know nothing about animal welfare, they oppose wearing wool,if sheep are not sheered and dipped they get maggots which burrow deep into their flesh.

PAD1OH

Shows vegans know nothing about animal welfare, they oppose wearing wool,if sheep are not sheered and dipped they get maggots which burrow deep into their flesh.
I think they would oppose the breeding of animals for the purpose of human use.

i.e. the sheep wouldn't need to be dipped if it wasn't brought into the world for the purpose of making money out of in the first place.

Aspherical123

I think they would oppose the breeding of animals for the purpose of human use.

i.e. the sheep wouldn't need to be dipped if it wasn't brought into the world for the purpose of making money out of in the first place.
In that case there would be no cows or sheep or chickens etc.

Asparagus

yea it would.

well none being bred on farms, in cages etc anyway.

i'm pretty sure they have nothing against natural, wild animals.
Surely to have a vegan diet we would probably need to double or treble our farmland to provide the same calories from organic, ceral and vegetable for the world population.

This would probably wipe out half the animal types in the world.

No?

Tombo

Surely to have a vegan diet we would probably need to double or treble our farmland to provide the same calories from organic, ceral and vegetable for the world population.

No?
No.

Vegans would take the pressure of all our natural resources AND reduce our carbon footprint to boot.

Our solution to finding sustainability is therefore to eat vegans.

RootofStar

No?

No.

Food Land per kg (m2)/ Calories per kilogram/ Land per person per year (m2)

Beef 20.9/ 2800/ 8173/

Pork 8.9/ 3760/ 2592/

Eggs 3.5/ 1600/ 2395/

Milk 1.2/ 640/ 2053/

Fruit 0.5/ 400/ 1369/

Vegetables 0.3/ 250/ 1314/

Potatoes 0.2/ 800/ 274

Source: Land - The Vegan Society

Ros

RootofStar

yea it would.

well none being bred on farms, in cages etc anyway.

i'm pretty sure they have nothing against natural, wild animals.

Vegans have nothing against domesticates either. We just do not want them deliberately bred in order to be exploited.

Ros

RootofStar

No.

Vegans would take the pressure of all our natural resources AND reduce our carbon footprint to boot.

Our solution to finding sustainability is therefore to eat vegans.

Correction: the above makes sense like this - "Veganism would take the pressure of all our natural resources AND reduce our carbon footprint to boot."

Ros

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies