Verbally Abusing Children.

damus

You'd think that people would be way more aware about what contstitutes abuse these days which leaves the question what would you do if you had witnessed an adult verbally abusing (roaring, getting in their face & pointing fingers) somebody else's children?

milipod

My daughter would tell them to fúck off.

damus

Kids just playing on the road & she goes off on an almighty one. If kids answer her back she gets more and more aggitated. Second time in last few days that this happened.

Gin Soaked

My daughter would tell them to fúck off.
Actually kids generally just think you are an a$$hole for doing this, so your daughter is spot on.

Occasionally I have to resort to just turning off the x-box.....

Roisin3

Kids just playing on the road & she goes off on an almighty one. If kids answer her back she gets more and more aggitated. Second time in last few days that this happened.
Find out why she’s agitated with them. Maybe they’re banging a ball off her wall and not yours.

The kids shouldn’t be answering her back. If there’s an issue and they’re doing no wrong then their parents should be the ones to speak to her.

milipod

The problem is parents have no manners.

D

Deleted member 17573

My experience is that kids almost always win these wars, and thoroughly enjoy doing so, and they're well able to do it in a way that you won't see them doing anything out of the way.

fat finger

You'd think that people would be way more aware about what contstitutes abuse these days which leaves the question what would you do if you had witnessed an adult verbally abusing (roaring, getting in their face & pointing fingers) somebody else's children?
The kids obviously need to be told off but parents are the people to do that. The parents first need taking aside and reminded to discipline their children. Obviously when parents fail to discipline their children, then other adults have no choice but to intervene directly

Half Nelson

Strangely, this mirrors your behaviour on this site.

Just sayin'..

silverharp

normally skangers, came cross an example of it last week, the kid was playing wrong on Sandymount strand somehow and the mother was all "illll killlll ya when i geeet my hands on yaaaa" . i was thinking to myself who am i to judge, i dont have their lived experience.
The solution to the situation above is probably for Dublin Bus to close the 18 route down during the summer

ShoutingIsLeadership

normally skangers, came cross an example of it last week, the kid was playing wrong on Sandymount strand somehow and the mother was all "illll killlll ya when i geeet my hands on yaaaa" . i was thinking to myself who am i to judge, i dont have their lived experience.
The solution to the situation above is probably for Dublin Bus to close the 18 route down during the summer
Similarly the DART should not enter Bray during sunny weather

silverharp

Similarly the DART should not enter Bray during sunny weather
overheard another bunch of of howayas last week "heere, this isnt Sandycove, we'll have to get the train" . #prayforsandycove

damus

Find out why she’s agitated with them. Maybe they’re banging a ball off her wall and not yours.

The kids shouldn’t be answering her back. If there’s an issue and they’re doing no wrong then their parents should be the ones to speak to her.
Its underlying mental health issues. The kids arent causing trouble.

shoneen

Think it's best not to be too judgmental - certainly prone to it myself - but you don't know how close to the end of their tether a parent is. Everybody can be reasonable when they're relaxed and well-rested. But throw in lack of sleep, being pestered for stuff constantly, money worries, and maybe a partner who doesn't pull their weight ... all of these things can turn a sane, normal person into a seething knot of barely contained rage ...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies