Very important topic

cabledude

Good morning P.ie members and guests.

I have a dilemma that I am hoping you can all help me with. I am sitting here in my kitchen wonderd to myself, drinking a cup of tea while scoffing a few milk chocolate digestives. Thing is, I have to go to a team night out tonight. Its for our entire shift of around 40 odd people. We will be going to pubs of various kind and ilk and will more than likely, despite protestations heretofore that we would not, end up in a nightclub.

So my question is thus; should I wear a Christmas jumper? Is it too early? It is technically out Xmas night out becasue our work patterns mean it is the only weekend night we will be able to get out on the town before we break up for holidays.......I'm torn here folks, help, please.....

Feckkit

This should be on the front page! It is far more relevant and to-the-point than most o the shít that's out there.

That said, if you're going on the piss with Odd People, none of em'll take a blind bit of notice of what you have on!

Go Rudolph!

gerhard dengler

Good morning P.ie members and guests.

I have a dilemma that I am hoping you can all help me with. I am sitting here in my kitchen wonderd to myself, drinking a cup of tea while scoffing a few milk chocolate digestives. Thing is, I have to go to a team night out tonight. Its for our entire shift of around 40 odd people. We will be going to pubs of various kind and ilk and will more than likely, despite protestations heretofore that we would not, end up in a nightclub.

So my question is thus; should I wear a Christmas jumper? Is it too early? It is technically out Xmas night out becasue our work patterns mean it is the only weekend night we will be able to get out on the town before we break up for holidays.......I'm torn here folks, help, please.....
December 2nd/3rd and wearing a Christmas jumper?
In my sartorial advice, I think it's a tad too early to be donning the loud jumper. If this was next weekend or the following weekend,
I'd give you my blessing.

Enjoy the night.
Avoid the photocopier and make sure to stock on up on plenty of dioralyte!

between the bridges

Top tip for crimbo parties have a trim, and go commando...

cabledude

In my sartorial advice, I think it's a tad too early to be donning the loud jumper. If this was next weekend or the following weekend,

Enjoy the night.
Its a minefield Gerhard. I like the idea of going festive, but, I am concerned that it is too early. Heart says go Santa, head says go home lad FFS.

cabledude

Enjoy the night.
Also, we are not having the party in work. We are getting out of the asylum for the night. Photocopiers not a concern. iPhones on the other hand....

between the bridges

Top tip for crimbo parties No2 after having a trim, and going commando, take it easy on the old Spice (ouch!...

Irish-Rationalist

I was just perusing the board for a very important, and preferably seasonal topic to contribute to, and lo and behold this very important topic just jumpered right out.

Do your research.

If Christmas jumpers, like hipster beards, are cool and trendy in your locality, don't wear one, as you don't want to be perceived as a social conformist and unwitting seasonal fashion victim.

If on the other hand the stats or general consensus reveals that Xmas pullovers are not hip, strictly uncool, and perchance frowned upon, wear a Xmas pullover. In fact, wear two.

cabledude

I was just perusing the board for a very important, and preferably seasonal topic to contribute to, and lo and behold this very important topic just jumpered right out.

Do your research.

If Christmas jumpers, like hipster beards, are cool and trendy in your locality, don't wear one, as you don't want to be perceived as a social conformist and unwitting seasonal fashion victim.

If on the other hand the stats or general feeling reveals that Xmas pullovers are not hip, strictly uncool, and perchance frowned upon, wear a Xmas pullover. In fact, wear two.
I like it.

cabledude

I'm eternally grateful for the advice so far. This issue has deeply concerned me this past while. I consider it more important that Trump wrecking Amerikae.

Casablanca

The simple answer is to stay at home and avoiding an occasion of sin, both moral and sartorial. I'd suggest you spend the night saying extra Rosaries for the Holy Souls.

Yours etc

cabledude

The simple answer is to stay at home and avoiding an occasion of sin, both moral and sartorial. I'd suggest you spend the night saying extra Rosaries for the Holy Souls.

Yours etc
Suggestion noted.....

Casablanca

Suggestion noted.....

May the Lord of Jumpers( and all woven garments, natural and man made) bless your intentions, and lead you on the path to righteousness

*in this regard, it can be no coincidence that your choice of Username has cardigan overtones.

Supra

Are these nights out designed to have co-workers strike up relationships beyond professional or friendship.

I know a few people who go to these things and it seems to me they are no different to the 'singles nights' you see advertised and run by dating agencys.

InsideImDancing

Wear it. It's the only way we'll know for sure. :|

flavirostris

Aghh.. you have my sympathies. I hate work-do's. It's like being at work but you're in the pub with those people instead of being in the office.

Don't get me wrong. 95% of people in my office are grand and I'd enjoy having a pint with them but I just know I'm going to end up talking to the annoying geek who I consciously avoid at work or possibly be involved in awkward forced smalltalk with some manager or superior.

Work do's suck. They blow. Forced bonhomie and awkward bullshít. Go out with your real mates but don't wear the Christmas jumper. They also suck and are ugly as fnck.

New Threads