Very very sad news .. Liam Miller, ex Cork City, ex Ireland, ex Man U & Celtic dies at 36

robut

MILLER LOSES CANCER FIGHT Liam Miller dead aged 36: Former Ireland and Celtic star tragically loses battle with cancer

The former Celtic and Manchester United midfielder lost his battle with cancer on Friday.

It had emerged in November that the ex-Ireland international had been struck down by the disease.

He returned home to Cork from the USA – where he had last played for the Wilmington Hammerheads – for treatment.

But the prognosis was bleak and he passed away leaving behind a wife and three children.
Man .. thats just way way too young, terribly Sad.

RIP Liam ..

Last edited:

Pythagoras

I was so shocked to hear this news. He was a brilliant player at Celtic under O'Neill and Man Utd bought him on this basis. Life is simply about luck. In his 36 years he achieved so much. This is so sad.

Betson

Only 36 and a wife and three young children left behind. Very sad.

Maction

no one has any faith in cancer "treatment" it simply doesn't work and kills you quicker
RIP Liam.

Very fortunately for me, cancer treatment worked for my mum (still fighting the good fight 17 years later)

Northsideman

Very sad news, I hope the Rebels give him a great send off.

DeBanksofDeLee

That's so sad Liam Miller was so young with alot to give to the world but cancer has stolen it away from him and his poor family. Condolences to his family.
A legend of the game and great guy.
RIP

GDPR

Ah jaysus that's very tough. He lived the dream, RIP

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Round tower

Very sad, talented player, probably joined Utd. a couple of seasons too soon then we would have seen the best of him, RIP

Nedz Newt

Very sad news, if not unexpected.
RIP

milipod

[video]http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43011780[/video]

danger here

Lovely photo of him here with the family, should have been playing out the last few years of his career.

cricket

no one has any faith in cancer "treatment" it simply doesn't work and kills you quicker
?
Have several family members who've had cancer treatment and , thankfully, all of whom went on to live a long time afterwards. Some of the treatment was rough going, but one is still alive and flying over 30 years later.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies