Vexacious Cultural Appropriation!

Expose the lot of them

I'd be interested to know. The temporary Chinese New Year "restaurant" was a bit makeshift - a street vendors cart in a canopied area with picnic tables. It wasn't great weather for that TBH. The dishes were all of a range of E7-E9 each, and not many hungry Chinese customers in evidence (Too busy revenge-appropriating European cuisine, or put off by the price?).
Feedback from my colleagues was, there was no variety, food not great and over priced, they were of the opinion that the stallholders were out to fleece the Irish.

Deadlock

Feedback from my colleagues was, there was no variety, food not great and over priced, they were of the opinion that the stallholders were out to fleece the Irish.
Sad to hear - it would certainly suggest a reason for the absence of Chinese diners there. That said I have to say we found the food really delicious.

Lúidín

Let me take a wild guess here and suggest that the OP is involved commercially with this shopping centre and this thread is just one long plug for business.

Deadlock: "I have to say we found the food really delicious."
That's because you were selling it. This site is getting like the Irish Times for advertorials.

Deadlock

Let me take a wild guess here and suggest that the OP is involved commercially with this shopping centre and this thread is just one long plug for business.

Deadlock: "I have to say we found the food really delicious."
That's because you were selling it. This site is getting like the Irish Times for advertorials.
Eh ... yeah.

A Voice

Kildare Village has an aggressive policy against beggars, tramps and various other deadbeats so you won't be getting to investigate personally. :p

madmullah

Kildare Village is a monument to a sacred cow - conspicious consumption, and the instructed assumption that if your item of clothing has a particular name on it, that you are the worthy source of much envy.

It is a sacred cow, because while some on the internet might ridicule the "affluenza" drug of conspicious consumption, the media is "bought and paid for" all the way.

Therefore, don't expect your criticism to go far beyond the internet.

This is the essence of Kildare Village.

Will Rogers

Eh...is this the year of the Sacred Cow ?

I had the unsettling experience of visiting Kildare Village during a recent visit home. Fortunately I was wearing my designer gear . Polo Tommy Hill, Barbour, etc with the labels that I had bought for a few bucks each in markets in Sri lanka and Africa , I was also tanned at the time so I fitted right in.
This shopping centtre is a momument to boloxology and a lot of what is wrong in society.

As an old uncle of mine used to say they all need a good laxative

McTell

Twitter
No
I had the unsettling experience of visiting Kildare Village during a recent visit home. Fortunately I was wearing my designer gear . Polo Tommy Hill, Barbour, etc with the labels that I had bought for a few bucks each in markets in Sri lanka and Africa , I was also tanned at the time so I fitted right in.
This shopping centtre is a momument to boloxology and a lot of what is wrong in society.

As an old uncle of mine used to say they all need a good laxative

Course, but many of your fellow citizens haven't been to sri lanka and need a sign, a token, an earnest, that they have emerged from our ancestral mud and are gazing towards the bright sunlit uplands of consumerism.

It's a phase. The laxative can follow.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies