Vice Chair of the Fine Gael Executive Council Barry Walsh in aspot of bother?

Kilbarry

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/political-jousting-went-too-far-says-fg-activist-in-abuse-row-36331026.html

"Social media platforms are in danger, particularly in the political sphere, of degenerating into very extreme, intolerant political language." Ms O'Connell last night told the Irish Independent she felt a "responsibility" to bring Mr Walsh's behaviour to the attention of Fine Gael HQ after "a huge volume of people contacted me".
Did anyone contact Fine Gael TD Kate O'Connell about the following? It concern the death from cancer of former Fine Gael TD Peter Mathews on 27 February. (Mr Mathews was a pro-life activist who resigned from Fine Gael over the enacting of the Protection of Life During Pregnancy Act.)
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/why-was-abortion-campaigner-not-vilified-for-celebrating-tds-death-36333121.html

Why was abortion campaigner not vilified for celebrating TD's death?
Pro-choice spokeswoman posted online that she was 'glad' Peter Mathews died but faced no consequences, writes Philip Ryan

james toney

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/kate-oconnell-writes-to-fine-gael-bosses-about-alleged-online-abuse-from-senior-party-figure-36324541.html

Shona Murray isn't a fan

Kate O' Connell conducted herself very well on Pat Kenny's show her main point being that it was inappropriate for a misogynist given to extreme abusive language to be allowed to tweet bile and hold a responsible position in Fine Gael which prides itself on decency.

Thoughts?
He must be **** a hoop at the latest Fine Gael scandal and corruption....it takes the heat off for a while at least.

Levellers

Did anyone contact Fine Gael TD Kate O'Connell about the following? It concern the death from cancer of former Fine Gael TD Peter Mathews on 27 February. (Mr Mathews was a pro-life activist who resigned from Fine Gael over the enacting of the Protection of Life During Pregnancy Act.)
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/why-was-abortion-campaigner-not-vilified-for-celebrating-tds-death-36333121.html

Why was abortion campaigner not vilified for celebrating TD's death?
Pro-choice spokeswoman posted online that she was 'glad' Peter Mathews died but faced no consequences, writes Philip Ryan
Did you contact O'Connell? It's only nine months since that tweet was made. I sense your urgency on this matter.

Kilbarry

Did you contact O'Connell? It's only nine months since that tweet was made. I sense your urgency on this matter.
Years ago I contacted the National Union of Journalists regarding one of their members who made demonstrably false allegations (including child murder) against people she hated on the basis of their religion. The NUJ took no action against the journalist - and I actually would have been surprised if they did. Philip Ryan who wrote the above article, had a somewhat similar experience in relation to the Abortion Rights Campaign.

....The present Abortion Rights Campaign spokesperson, Linda Kavanagh, confirmed last week that no action was ever taken by the lobby group against Ms Ni Shuilleabhain after tweeting her glee about the death of a politician less than a day after he passed away.

She was not disciplined or suspended. There were no calls from members of the Abortion Rights Campaign for her to resign. No vilification.

"We didn't take action against someone tweeting off their own private account," Ms Kavanagh said before she quickly hung up the phone. Mr Walsh's comments about female politicians were also from his private account. [My emphasis]

Before she suddenly ended the call she said Ms Ni Shuilleabhain is no longer a spokesperson for the group but Ms Kavanagh said this was not related to the tweet.....

Degeneration X

Walsh looks an even bigger muppet after Saturday - I'd say Kate O'Connell is ROFL at this buffoon now.

Lord F.G

Walsh looks an even bigger muppet after Saturday - I'd say Kate O'Connell is ROFL at this buffoon now.
I agree we need to rid our party of these ridiculous relics from the past. Walsh is an idiot who got what he deserved. Unfortunately the last week our Cllr O Muiri showed his true colors. He was endorsing the No Vote, well I just hope Jeff takes the seat of these type of people, bravo Jeff

flavirostris

You do wonder if there's any future for pro-life people like Barry Walsh in FG. The writing was on the wall when Creighton, Timmins, Matthews, Flanagan etc lost the whip in 2013.

Degeneration X

You do wonder if there's any future for pro-life people like Barry Walsh in FG. The writing was on the wall when Creighton, Timmins, Matthews, Flanagan etc lost the whip in 2013.
They're mostly back in FG at this point, the ones who are alive that is.

Degeneration X

I agree we need to rid our party of these ridiculous relics from the past. Walsh is an idiot who got what he deserved. Unfortunately the last week our Cllr O Muiri showed his true colors. He was endorsing the No Vote, well I just hope Jeff takes the seat of these type of people, bravo Jeff
Foolish for O Muiri especially in that constituency, Bruton came out on top again.

Lord F.G

Foolish for O Muiri especially in that constituency, Bruton came out on top again.
It is 2018 his views arent what the modern FG member thinks, i fear this man is playing to the gallery of old age pensioners, let me be clear their outdated views dont count, the membership exist only to serve, we are not interested in the views of members, to back this up you can see why we did not consult the members to hear their views. We know how they think, what they think, they are not with us, yes, they serve a use, we need their membership fees to fund our party. We need them to be extras at public meetings. Also we need them to help with all forms of Fundraising. And lastly we need them as drones, to knock on doors and drop leaflets.
This is the only value these people have. Our Cllr O'Muiri has failed to connect with the younger voter, and this explains why he has failed twice in the last two GE. In truth he is a middle of the road local Cllr and cannot hold a light to the vibrant, charismatic Minister that is Richard Bruton.

Degeneration X

It is 2018 his views arent what the modern FG member thinks, i fear this man is playing to the gallery of old age pensioners, let me be clear their outdated views dont count, the membership exist only to serve, we are not interested in the views of members, to back this up you can see why we did not consult the members to hear their views. We know how they think, what they think, they are not with us, yes, they serve a use, we need their membership fees to fund our party. We need them to be extras at public meetings. Also we need them to help with all forms of Fundraising. And lastly we need them as drones, to knock on doors and drop leaflets.
This is the only value these people have. Our Cllr O'Muiri has failed to connect with the younger voter, and this explains why he has failed twice in the last two GE. In truth he is a middle of the road local Cllr and cannot hold a light to the vibrant, charismatic Minister that is Richard Bruton.

That's remarkably honest of you.

DJP

Website
darrenjprior.blogspot.com
the membership exist only to serve, we are not interested in the views of members, to back this up you can see why we did not consult the members to hear their views. We know how they think, what they think, they are not with us, yes, they serve a use, we need their membership fees to fund our party. We need them to be extras at public meetings. Also we need them to help with all forms of Fundraising. And lastly we need them as drones, to knock on doors and drop leaflets.
The cult of public service..

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies