Vicious Machette attack on family in Ballincollig, Cork .. Father dead

Orbit v2

Absolutely horrendous case. Hopefully, the man's wife can shed some light on a possible motive. It's really hard to see something like this as being a random attack.

cricket

Media reports on the murder scene are absolutely horrific.Heart goes out to the bereaved.

Morgellons

I understand he was self-employed. It might be commercial rivalries
A bit drastic, no? What would be wrong with a 20% discount if that were the case?

Horrific story and a shocking indictment on our society.

Lúidín

There was a time when you could read news reports between the lines and see what was happening but this case has me stumped.

'Machete' usually means Traveller or Islamic fundamentalist but the reporters are giving nothing away. The frustrating thing is that everyone in the media knows who did it but won't tell the public because the public is not to be trusted.

asset test

I hope it was mistaken identity, but that does not absolve the murderers either does it.

Shocking.

There have been so many deaths by drowning, suicide, car accidents and so on recently too.

autiemom

Its an indictment of our society that this story seems to already be fading from the news, asfwk an innocent family man was slaughtered in his own rural home in front of his wife and two kids under 6, I hope this sickening and distressing crime wont fade into the background and be left unsolved, with 4 men were involved,someone will surely know and do the decent thing and contact the gardai. One hopes.

Morgellons

There was a time when you could read news reports between the lines and see what was happening but this case has me stumped.

'Machete' usually means Traveller or Islamic fundamentalist but the reporters are giving nothing away. The frustrating thing is that everyone in the media knows who did it but won't tell the public because the public is not to be trusted.
Do you think they know who actually did the killing? Like names, or just the 'ethnic' group?

Lúidín

Do you think they know who actually did the killing? Like names, or just the 'ethnic' group?
I suspect that the motive and the social group of the perpetrators is known in the journalist/political circle. We will be let in on it in a day or so, going by past stories.

robut

The guy who got murdered was involved in garden maintenance apparently ( see indo article in OP ) .. So also are groups associated sometimes with travellers by way of say laying cobblelock stone etc. I know it might be a real stretch, but could this guy have crossed paths with some of these groups at some stage where some of them took major umbridge with him for some reason.

TBH where travellers might be concerned in this .. this is the only very very tenuous thing I could think of as some sort of motive.

Morgellons

I suspect that the motive and the social group of the perpetrators is known in the journalist/political circle. We will be let in on it in a day or so, going by past stories.
We'll stay tuned.

Morgellons

The guy who got murdered was involved in garden maintenance apparently ( see indo article in OP ) .. So also are groups associated sometimes with travellers by way of say laying cobblelock stone etc. I know it might be a real stretch, but could this guy have crossed paths with some of these groups at some stage where some of them took major umbridge with him for some reason.

TBH where travellers might be concerned in this .. this is the only very very tenuous thing I could think of as some sort of motive.
I don't know. Hacking a man to death because of some work dispute, surely not even travellers would do something like that?

robut

I don't know. Hacking a man to death because of some work dispute, surely not even travellers would do something like that?
Yeah I know .. But supposing it was drug fueled frenzy?

I saw mentioned elsewhere in a discussion about this attack being so frenzied .. another tenuous thing .. that we are seeing an upsurge in a drug that causes huge violence called FLAKKA.

FLAKKA DRUG CRAZE - The drug has earned a reputation for causing violent and erratic behaviour

Orbit v2

FFS. Nobody knows who did this, at this stage. Hopefully, the gardai can find out who did it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom