• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Victory

McSlaggart

In coming to that agreement, my party had a clear philosophy throughout. In Northern Ireland, we should have institutions that respected the differences of the people and that gave no victory to either side. John Hume

john hume

I have always agreed with the basic idea that we should try and avoid a situation in which one community is seen to lose.

With the current approach of the DUP stating that the “The current backstop is unacceptable.” If that is the case why have they not approached nationalism to agree a way forward?

Lets be clear a hard border will have a major impact on the economy of northern Ireland.

Read more at: Wilson: DUP united on backstop - Belfast Newsletter

michael-mcivor

Poor John Hume- The GFA the border poll that the Stoops said they negotiated with Hume as their leader will give victory to one side over the other- once again what Humes big mouth says and the reality are two different animals-

mr_anderson

Poor John Hume- The GFA the border poll that the Stoops said they negotiated with Hume as their leader will give victory to one side over the other- once again what Humes big mouth says and the reality are two different animals-

Nationalists have won in the north.
You can see it in the flags - Union Jacks outnumber Tricolours.
Because the nationalists don't have to fly them anymore.

The demographic trend is clear.
Any border issue will only be a temporary setback.
A majority catholic doesn't equate to a majority for a UI however, as many still feel better off within the UK.
So you probably need the catholic population to swing 55/45 to make a UI a foregone conclusion.

The real question belongs south of the border.
Demographic trends see the republic becoming less and less Irish.
When a UI comes about, what kind of United Ireland will it be ?

the secretary

Its all about victory over the other side in NI.
An eye for an eye. Its serving them well.

firefly123

Nationalists have won in the north.
You can see it in the flags - Union Jacks outnumber Tricolours.
Because the nationalists don't have to fly them anymore.

The demographic trend is clear.
Any border issue will only be a temporary setback.
A majority catholic doesn't equate to a majority for a UI however, as many still feel better off within the UK.
So you probably need the catholic population to swing 55/45 to make a UI a foregone conclusion.

The real question belongs south of the border.
Demographic trends see the republic becoming less and less Irish.
When a UI comes about, what kind of United Ireland will it be ?
How to you mean the south is less and less Irish?

I hope it's not some shìte about pure breed Irish vs say an Irish kid who's parents came from Poland or Nigeria?

the secretary

That’s the end-game of the Peace-Process the GFA- one side wins the border poll one side loses- are you against the Peace-Process / GFA-?-
You mean am I anti SF.
Because SF and the DUP are the best of enemies when it suits them. Both feed their mushrooms at the base whatever s h i t e that keeps them on board, whether it was the old not a bullet not an ounce lies or the no surrender b s, both are really just the same.
Petty victories over the other at any cost. Adolescent partys, it will takethem a while to mature.

redneck

If you ask me Unionism has won in the South.
The GAA, Catholic church, Irish language are all in decline.
Protestanism, Rugby and English language are all in descent.

firefly123

If you ask me Unionism has won in the South.
The GAA, Catholic church, Irish language are all in decline.
Protestanism, Rugby and English language are all in descent.
So everything is going down?

GAA has never been more popular and sky fairyism of all kinds is on the decline. Rugby is an all ireland sport and a shining example of what a unified island can do. English is English and that particular battle was finished long ago.

Mickeymac

How to you mean the south is less and less Irish?

I hope it's not some shìte about pure breed Irish vs say an Irish kid who's parents came from Poland or Nigeria?

I found it astounding TBH, was just last night a Lady approached our table and with a big smile, said to me, "I am one eighth Irish and so proud of it"

She is a friend of my wife who I had never met and obviously knows I am of Irish descent.

Mickeymac

You mean am I anti SF.
Because SF and the DUP are the best of enemies when it suits them. Both feed their mushrooms at the base whatever s h i t e that keeps them on board, whether it was the old not a bullet not an ounce lies or the no surrender b s, both are really just the same.
Petty victories over the other at any cost. Adolescent partys, it will takethem a while to mature.

Your obsession with SF knows no bounds pal and has never abated since I joined this site, by denigrating a political party who helped copperfasten the peace process,..............makes you sound like a thoughtless and clueless AH.

Newrybhoy

I found it astounding TBH, was just last night a Lady approached our table and with a big smile, said to me, "I am one eighth Irish and so proud of it"

She is a friend of my wife who I had never met and obviously knows I am of Irish descent.
That'll be the ginger hair, pale complexion and small stature.

Mickeymac

SF did their best to reach out to unionism. In fact it was working well until Ian died. Arline has much to my personal surprise been a total bigot.

Indeed McS, the brave and courageous outreach displayed by MMcG to unionism was thrown in his face, shame on unionism for that, proved to me they were unfit for participation in any meeting of minds in such a divided community, disgraceful and totally disgusting.

Mickeymac

That'll be the ginger hair, pale complexion and small stature.

Your racism, sectarianism, bigotry, homophobia, lies etc etc is something we can do without in this discussion now do the right thing and FO.

the secretary

Your obsession with SF knows no bounds pal and has never abated since I joined this site, by denigrating a political party who helped copperfasten the peace process,..............makes you sound like a thoughtless and clueless AH.
Look back Micky at the post I was replying too. One of your comrades was lambasting Hume, not that your tunnel vision would see anything wrong with that since he isn't a SF hack. He was the leader of Nationalism when the GFA was reached, an agreement anyone with any sense wants to preserve.
Oh and you are always true to character, call someone an AH when you run out of road. How adolescent and predictable of you. But do continue if it makes you look like the shinner hard man.

death or glory

So only six stone of her were Irish.
As she tucked into thee large big mac meals herself.

michael-mcivor

You mean am I anti SF.
the Brits never got a bullet nor a ounce apart from the ones fired at them by the Provos- it’s not anyone else’s fault that you fell for the IRAs Statement on decommissioning the way the idiot media fell for it also-

Mickeymac

Look back Micky at the post I was replying too. One of your comrades was lambasting Hume, not that your tunnel vision would see anything wrong with that since he isn't a SF hack. He was the leader of Nationalism when the GFA was reached, an agreement anyone with any sense wants to preserve.
Oh and you are always true to character, call someone an AH when you run out of road. How adolescent and predictable of you. But do continue if it makes you look like the shinner hard man.

I have absolutely no interest in your rants to other posters, what I done was simply pointing out facts which solely allude to you pal......no place on a political forum for the thin skinned who can not accept fact.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies