• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Villa Park Eviction in Dublin

Civic_critic2

Has anyone seen this video or know the story about this event? The people in the video are claiming that no papers have been served and the entire thing is illegal. It's true that papers don't seem to be much in evidence but I don't know what's the legal situation here. It's on the rough side and looks like a good example of the thick gombeen bullying and pushing around those with little, without much in the way of certified on-the-spot legal justification for doing it.

[video=youtube;J8_PdN-1x8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8_PdN-1x8k[/video]

Vega1447

Has anyone seen this video or know the story about this event? The people in the video are claiming that no papers have been served and the entire thing is illegal. It's true that papers don't seem to be much in evidence but I don't know what's the legal situation here. It's on the rough side and looks like a good example of the thick gombeen bullying and pushing around those with little, without much in the way of certified on-the-spot legal justification for doing it.
The Gardaí seem to be over zealous in keeping the video crew back.
I'd have thought that bystanders on public path are entitled to be there if keeping the peace.

Mixed feelings about the squatters. The owner is entitled to occupy his property.

If not then I can enter any vacant property I want and take it as my own.

freewillie

It's a disgrace Joe

Texal Tom

Twitter
Don't tweet
Looks like a bunch of crusty hippy lefty arts graduates were trying to take advantage of an old man... they picked their target, wouldn't try this stunt on the likes of slab Murphy. Thankfully the old gentleman got his house back albeit with the damage done and stress

Fractional Reserve

If they are squatters and the man owns the property out to fook with them rapid the cheeky fookers

The Gardaí seem to be over zealous in keeping the video crew back.
I'd have thought that bystanders on public path are entitled to be there if keeping the peace.

Mixed feelings about the squatters. The owner is entitled to occupy his property.

If not then I can enter any vacant property I want and take it as my own.

florin

Squatters are basically trespassers, do you need to serve papers?

Jack O Neill

If they are squatters and the man owns the property out to fook with them rapid the cheeky fookers
INdeed , quite right . In saying that its a pity our brave gardai are not as zealous when it comes to moving on bankers/************************ers and the rest . .can you come in at 11am on the 15 oct pretty pretty pretty please seanie

GDPR

Squatting is moral if you cant find an affordable place to rent in the same way that stealing food when you are hungry is.

Vega1447

So if you owned the property and wanted to use it or rent it out you would et these cheeky fooking crusty bull shysters stay in you're property ?
It was funny when the guy in the hall, way back from the door, kept shouting "I'm just behind the door".

It would make you wonder people on the internet always tell the truth. So it would.

Fractional Reserve

Squatting is moral if you cant find an affordable place to rent in the same way that stealing food when you are hungry is.
No it's not moral taking over someone's private property and saying you now have the right to stay in it , these cheeky fooks should be fooked out head first no questions asked .You would have 1000s of people taking over buildings they don't have any right if you had you're way .

talkingshop

I'm sure it was legal - doubt the Guards would has got involved otherwise.

Accidental sock

Fat Tony: Bart, is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family?
Bart: No.
Fat Tony: Well, suppose you got a large starving family. Is it wrong to steal a truckload of bread to feed them?
Bart: Uh uh.
Fat Tony: And, what if your family don't like bread? They like... cigarettes?
Bart: I guess that's okay.
Fat Tony: Now, what if instead of giving them away, you sold them at a price that was practically giving them away. Would that be a crime, Bart?
Bart: Hell, no.

GDPR

No it's not moral taking over someone's private property and saying you now have the right to stay in it , these cheeky fooks should be fooked out head first no questions asked .You would have 1000s of people taking over buildings they don't have any right if you had you're way .
Yes it is- if a house is empty and unused people's need for shelter trumps the right of private property. The government should seize a lot of unused buildings and end the housing crisis.

Truth.ie

"Theres no such thing as trespassing"
I got as far as there and my sympathy dried up.

Fractional Reserve

Yes it is- if a house is empty and unused people's need for shelter trumps the right of private property. The government should seize a lot of unused buildings and end the housing crisis.
Are you some sort of a commie student gettin mad ideas from you're college commie buddies .Who told you that one?some gobshyte that's into that common law bolockology , you want to wake up not everything in life is free.

Socratus O' Pericles

They should freeze / starve to death as appropriate.

So long as the purity of the free market is preserved.

That's all that matters.

The main p[layers in the free market all play by the rules so the small guy must also, good to see folk going hungry and cold for the sake of ideological purity,

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies