• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

#VinB - Mon 25/2/2013: That Agreement again and VinB's Favourite: Inequality.

ruserious

Guests

• Dan O'Brien - Journalist @ Irish Times
  • Fr Seán Healy - Social Justice Campaigner
  • Sinead Ryan - Journalist @ Herald/Indo: https://twitter.com/sinead_ryan
  • Eoin Ronayne - CPSU Official.

What's Happening?
Oh Begorrah! What in the name of Jaysus is VinB trying to do to us?? On tonight's show, Vinny discusses the CPAII agreement again and analyses the outcome in considerable detail. Not a TD in sight.
He will also cover the ''gross inequality'' in Ireland (He has never covered that before :roll:). Looks like a proper snoozefest so please refer to the ''What Else is on'' at the bottom of the OP if you cannot handle the discussion tonight.

Update on Norm
After Succesfully killing Neutron along with his socks in a former Soviet Satellite State, Norm began his new mission yesterday morning.
This would be a rather easier one. It was simply to deliver a message to the King of a fly colony. Norm was unsure if this was an actual fly as in an insect or was it code for something else. We will discover that on Wednesday night.
Again, I must assist Norm with ground Intel tomorrow so Astral will cover the home base tomorrow night.
To be Continued....

Gilmore: Next Croke Park talks will be about improving workers' conditions | Irish Examiner
Howlin confirms Croke Park deal file given to unions for consideration | Irish Examiner
Key elements of new Croke Park deal | Irish Examiner

http://www.politics.ie/forum/economy/206870-croke-park-2-done-deal.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/economy/195833-civil-public-sector-workers-should-say-no-croke-park-2-a.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/europe/206747-irelands-self-destruction-gene-how-europe-took-advantage-fatal-flaw.html

Previous #Vinb: http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/206641-vinb-thurs-21-2-2013-croke-park-agreement-ii-public-sector.html

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online Or tv3 catch-up through: Catch-up TV, Entertainment, News, Sport, Soaps and all your favourite Irish and International shows from TV3

What Else is on?
Striking Distance - (1993, Detective/Thriller) Cop Tom Hardy refuses to accept the suspect convicted for murdering his father is the real perpetrator of the crime. Meanwhile, his career derails and he is demoted to river patrol. However, his instincts prove accurate as the real criminal resurfaces, hurling him into a race against time to save other innocent lives. Thriller, starring Bruce Willis, Sarah Jessica Parker, Dennis Farina and Tom Sizemore.
Channel 5 @ 23:00.

Rus.

dizillusioned

So Norm has gone to dry out for a few weeks? I am sure the Four Seasons Resort for the cure if grumpy old men will be savaged as he spends all day everyday in a mixture of facials, manis and pedis, salt rubs and Swedish massage therapies....

ruserious

So Norm has gone to dry out for a few weeks? I am sure the Four Seasons Resort for the cure if grumpy old men will be savaged as he spends all day everyday in a mixture of facials, manis and pedis, salt rubs and Swedish massage therapies....
Norm has seen your inquisitive post via iPad from a secure location within the mission compound and he asks me to relay that he will deal with you next Monday when he returns.

Bea C

What not to watch tonight...
(I know what I'm not watching right now - that lecture I have playing :p )

Bea C

F**k it, what kind of reputation have I got at this stage!?!?!?!?

Bea C

Well Bea, Hows the lovelife?
I don't believe 'love' was ever the appropriate word for the ba$****.
I got a few texts over the weekend alright.
That's all.
But I'm having fun flirting with other men - some detail I'll have to drop into conversation.

Spanner Island

Nice OP but I'm cutting back on my VB exposure these days cos I find it increasingly tedious and depressing... and I'm sick to death of Vincent's pet peeves being rammed into every 'discussion'...

Tonight with VB has become a total bore fest... imo.

I've cut out the Sindo recently too... and my Sundays are infinitely better than they were...

Just saying like... ;)

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
As I mentioned on another thread:

PS staff making over 150k account for only 1% of the total spend on wages, so staff making over 185k must represent a miniscule fraction of spend really. Only 18% of staff are making over 60K - so <82% of staff wont be affected by the base pay cut. Savings will be tiny.

I do not understand how they can justify no cut for people earning 30 -65K euro. Particularly those earning greater than 40K.

Abaddon

Dan 'The Bankers Man' O'Brien will be doing his best to sell Croke Park 2 to the masses.

Eoin Ronayne will do his best to represent his low paid members but wont really.

Father Seán Healy will moralise about the injustices of society at the moment.

Sinéad Ryan IN&M hack - nuff said.

CarnivalOfAction

As I mentioned on another thread:

PS staff making over 150k account for only 1% of the total spend on wages, so staff making over 185k must represent a miniscule fraction of spend really. Only 18% of staff are making over 60K - so <82% of staff wont be affected by the base pay cut. Savings will be tiny.

I do not understand how they can justify no cut for people earning 30 -65K euro. Particularly those earning greater than 40K.
When TDs are reduced to €40k they may have a leg to stand on. [As Pistorious' lawyer might say]

Popular Threads

Most Replies