• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

#VINB Mon 8/4/2013: Margaret Thatcher 1925-2013

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
Live, from the TV3-Sony HD Studio Dublin, it‘s …

Noel Dorr, Former Irish ambassador to the UN
Former diplomat defends Irish stance on Falklands war - Irish News, World News & More | The Irish Times - Sat, Apr 14, 2012
Diarmaid Ferriter, Author, historian and lecturer UCD Diarmaid Ferriter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Susan McKay, Author Authors - New Island The Irish Times epaper
Martin Mansergh, Former FF politician and historian Martin Mansergh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tonight’s show is coming from the new Sony HG studio in Ballymount. No politician has been more devisive than Margaret Thatcher who died earlier today. Tonight’s panel looks at her legacy.

Margaret Thatcher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
BBC News - Home
Channel 4 News - Latest UK & World News | Videos | Special Reports - Channel 4 News
Margaret Thatcher dies: tributes pour in | Politics | The Guardian
Margaret Thatcher's death greeted with street parties in Brixton and Glasgow | Politics | guardian.co.uk

http://www.politics.ie/forum/united-kingdom/209026-margaret-thatcher-former-uk-pm-dies.html

Paper preview:
Colette Browne, Irish Examiner columnist https://twitter.com/colettebrowne
Michael Clifford, Irish Examiner journalist https://twitter.com/Mickcliff

Previous #VINB: http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/208864-vinb-thur-4-4-2013-imfs-report-ireland.html

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online Or tv3 catch-up through: Catch-up TV, Entertainment, News, Sport, Soaps and all your favourite Irish and International shows from TV3

<< Prime Time on RTE1 starting at 22:20 will also feature the legacy of Thatcher. >>

dizillusioned

Norm, will ya stop with the threads with Mansergh. I can see this bumbling buffoon fawning over her. Can we opt instead to call him Werzel?..;)

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Have'nt we had enough of Thatcher for/against discussions. Old hat at this stage can we concentrate on todays problems. Anyway could'nt listen to manseragh's waffle. Terrible accent.

Scannal on RTE was good tonite on how AIB conned the gov 25 yrs ago that they were too big to fail and got them to get the taxpayer to foot the bill for the losses on the Insurance Coporation of Ireland deal. That was only 25 yrs ago and then they did it again in '08. And Scanlan made a killing on shares the day before the bailout. Laughable.

gatsbygirl20

There is always the risk that Vinnie will get bored listening to Mansergh The Historian, and revert to mad-dog mode, attacking Mansergh The FFer with a cattle prod and making him squeal, giggle hysterically and talk Latin, like in the good old days...

Astral Peaks

Good panel, Norm. Well done, fair dues to you!

IrishWelshCelt

Ferritor was my lecturer last year, hes an excellent speaker, it'll be interesting to hear his stance on thatcher.

hemlock

not sure i can stomach martin

spidermom

It figures!!...Might go wash my hair!!

SIGH!!....I mean who really cares??

Heligoland

I'm sorry, but I think it's a mistake to spend the whole show jawing about Thatcher, sicne we're all sick of the wall to wall coverage at this stage.

mr. jings

Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!!

mr. jings

JR just got buried on TV3, and Vincent covers Maggie? For shame...

Ribeye

I'm sorry, but I think it's a mistake to spend the whole show jawing about Thatcher, sicne we're all sick of the wall to wall coverage at this stage.
If you sick of it already, brace yourself,

The funeral isn't till Wednesday week,

hemlock

Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!! Mansergh is back!!!!!!!