• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

#VINB Sam Smyth Mon 4/3/2013: Disillusionment with the political system

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
Tonight with Sam Smyth

Paschal Donohoe, FG TD Dublin Central Paschal Donohoe TD, Fine Gael Dublin Central,
Cormac Lucey, Financial analyst: former advisor to Michael McDowell Cormac Lucey
Catherine Murphy, Independent TD Kildare North Catherine Murphy TD | Independent TD for Kildare North
Noel Whelan, Political pundit; barrister Seismic political shifts – but to what extent? - RTÉ News

Well Vinny is away tonight, so he leaves his second-in-command, Sam Smyth, in charge. The topic is a discussion on public disillusionment with the political system. The panel is a mixture of present day TDs and those interested in the political system.

Well, Sam’s in charge tonight, with a reasonable panel, and for those who are fed-up with Vinny singing the same tune every night, it could be an interesting show …

Crippled Irish Political System Requires Total Revamp | irishnewsreview
Politics of the Republic of Ireland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ireland electoral system reform – Political Science Department – Trinity College Dublin
A better way : A Better Ireland
Area youth writes about our political system… oh where oh where will he find a political party that represents him? Perhaps he could ask a close relative with a former cabinet position? | The Cedar Lounge Revolution

http://www.politics.ie/forum/current-affairs/101030-time-new-political-system-new-political-parties.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/media/66940-political-system-reform-late-late-show.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/current-affairs/119125-time-change-political-system.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/current-affairs/134886-young-generation-can-change-politics-only-engaging-system.html

Paper preview:
Sarah Bardon, Political editor Irish Daily Mirror https://twitter.com/SarahBardon

Previous #VINB: http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/207100-vinb-thurs-28-2-2013-sigh-i-dunno.html

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online Or tv3 catch-up through: Catch-up TV, Entertainment, News, Sport, Soaps and all your favourite Irish and International shows from TV3

<< And a big THANK YOU to ruserious and Astral Peaks for
looking after the #VINB thread for the past fortnight.
Didn’t they do very well. >>

[video=youtube;1N4t51IVQ5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N4t51IVQ5M[/video]​

Spanner Island

I hope none of them are going to express any surprise that people are well and truly p!ssed off with the body politic in this dump and that the last hope for many (FG) have pretty much blown the chance and the mandate they were given...

Seeing FG stuff their cronies into every poxy quango going and carrying on just like the eFFing traitors before them is beyond depressing...

Of course the error the eFFing traitors are making is to think people will turn back to them in any significant numbers...

We need something radically different that is beholden to nobody and does what it says on the tin, and I don't mean a pointless lurch to the left towards gobsh!tes like Joe Higgins, Richard Boyd Barrett, Kieran Allen and the SF'ers... cos they're all full of sh!t too...

Sad to think that a party that does what it says it will do could be regarded as 'radically different'...

Last edited:

Eoin Coir

Would Samuel Smyth be part of any new party that McDool is pushing for. Imagine him along with likes of Dunphy, Fintan O Toole, Lord Sommerville & Ross, Cormac Lucy, Vincent Browne maybe. Just happened that they could not get off the starting blocks soon enough for 2011 GE.

grassroots

Would Samuel Smyth be part of any new party that McDool is pushing for. Imagine him along with likes of Dunphy, Fintan O Toole, Lord Sommerville & Ross, Cormac Lucy, Vincent Browne maybe. Just happened that they could not get off the starting blocks soon enough for 2011 GE.
You are forgetting Donnelly, Matthews etc

Ulster-Lad

Stay on topic please and desist from spamming this thread.
What spam? Are they disillusioned with the government in Donegal to give Kenny a sending off?

seismic change

Website
www.finegael.ie
No Vincent tonight? Still licking his wounds after being told off I wonder!

Should be a good performance form Paschal tonight, that young man is a great performer and does well for the party.

Ribeye

R3volution_R3ady

I hope none of them are going to express any surprise that people are well and truly p!ssed off with the body politic in this dump and that the last hope for many (FG) have pretty much blown the chance and the mandate they were given...

Seeing FG stuff their cronies into every poxy quango going and carrying on just like the eFFing traitors before them is beyond depressing...

Of course the error the eFFing traitors are making is to think people will turn back to them in any significant numbers...

We need something radically different that is beholden to nobody and does what it says on the tin, and I don't mean a pointless lurch to the left towards gobsh!tes like Joe Higgins, Richard Boyd Barrett, Kieran Allen and the SF'ers... cos they're all full of sh!t too...

Sad to think that a party that does what it says it will do is 'radical'...
The people of this island never even had a fighting chance to begin with.

Having been dominated by the British for centuries and then the Catholic church in collusion with government, we've not had time to catch our breath. Ireland is a pimple on the back arse of the world. Dublin is a small village. It's only now that the plebs that were sleeping for so long are finally waking up to the brown envelopes and back room deals, the parish-pumping that has been normality for years and now they're outraged.

In this country, it's not how well you know....it's WHO you now. To get by, success stops at who you're in bed with.

The Owl

Oh good. I like Sam, but even better, I can understand what he's saying. I know I'm being bad-mannered here about Vinney's vocal disabilities but Jesus, it's late at night and we are all tired as it is, without having to shout out to the telly what Vinney is desperately trying to tell us and failing.

ger12

Ribeye

No Vincent tonight? Still licking his wounds after being told off I wonder!

Should be a good performance form Paschal tonight, that young man is a great performer and does well for the party.
Home

Popular Threads

Most Replies