• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

#VINB Thur 10/1/2013: Abortion #2

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates

Ivana Bacik, Lab Senator Senator Ivana Bacik: Catholic Bishops ‘hate women’ - National News - Independent.ie
Fr Kevin Doran, Ossory Diocese Irish Catholic | We cannot simply roll over and legislate for abortion
Patsy McGarry, Religios Affairs correspondent Irish Times Church stance on abortion and soul of child has varied over time - The Irish Times - Tue, Nov 20, 2012
Msgr Tom Stack, Retired PP Milltown, Dublin Welcome to Milltown Parish: Home

The Great Abortion Debate continues tonight.

The links contained in this OP has the most up to date information as far as possible as well as information about the panellists on where they stand on the topic, so I‘ve kept the text in the OP to a minimum to allow you time to read the links before the show.

I’d expect a really good show tonight considering the panellists involved. Well worth tuning into …

Churches, advocacy groups attend abortion hearing - RTÉ News
Bishops: People need abortion referendum to 're-affirm' views - National News - Independent.ie
NI abortion clinic to register with RQIA - RTÉ News

Paper preview:
Paul Anthony McDermott, Barrister Paul Anthony McDermott | Barristers' Database | Bar Council of Ireland
Deirdre O’Shaughnessy, Cork Independent Deirdre O’Shaughnessy | Cork Independent Blog

Previous #VINB: http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/203907-vinb-tue-8-1-2013-abortion.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/203972-vinb-wed-9-1-2013-ireland-s-eu-presidency.html

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online Or tv3 catch-up through: Catch-up TV, Entertainment, News, Sport, Soaps and all your favourite Irish and International shows from TV3

hemlock

Sick to death of this, nite lads

pmcdot

Jakers that line up looks like one against three! No balance there or am I missing something?

Mushroom

It's Groundhog Day! as Vincent persists in flogging this dead horse for the umpteenth time with a panel of talking heads whose views are set in stone.

Presumably the poor fool has never heard Einstein's definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Well, here's one thing that's different - I haven't felt any urge to watch any of Vincent's tired shows thus far in 2013!

Mushroom

I find it interesting there are two Priests on the panel.

Is it primed for Vincent to Grandstand..?
For a dickhead like Vinnie, "grandstanding" normally means not using the courtesy title "Father" when he addresses a priest. He believes that this radical approach will give him street cred with the likes of RBB, Ming and Clare Daly.

spidermom

will watch till me tae is finished!!....

This will be hideous I have no doubt!!

Any semblance of the potential for a reasoned debate ended when the commitee gavel went down this evening!

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
For a ********** like Vinnie, "grandstanding" normally means not using the courtesy title "Father" when he addresses a priest. He believes that this radical approach will give him street cred with the likes of RBB, Ming and Clare Daly.
Not always anyway. I paid particular attention the last time a priest was on ... he certainly introduced them as Fr.

Silvio Dante

will watch till me tae is finished!!....

This will be hideous I have no doubt!!

Any semblance of the potential for a reasoned debate ended when the commitee gavel went down this evening!

Buttimer couldn't help himself but YD kept their dignity intact despite the yahoo behind them spitting his bile at them...

Mushroom

Not always anyway. I paid particular attention the last time a priest was on ... he certainly introduced them as Fr.
Fair enough; maybe it's just Father Sean Healy that Vinnie treats like a shoe shine boy in Mumbai.

Popular Threads

Most Replies