• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

#VINB Thur 8/11/2012: A Supreme Children’s Referendum debacle

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates

Jim Daly, FG TD Cork West Jim Daly TD; Fine Gael West Cork;
Mark McCrystal, Took Supreme Court case McCrystal 'vindicated' after Supreme Court overturns referendum challenge | Irish Examiner
Patricia McKenna, Of McKenna Judgement fame Patricia McKenna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gerry Whyte, Professor of Law TCD School of Law : Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin, Ireland

I think Vinny will have his eye on Government wastage following today’s Supreme Court decision about the Children’s Referendum. The man who took the case to the Supreme Court, Mark McCrystal, is on the panel. Vinny will be in his element, another stick to beat the Government with. Should be an interesting show … Good speakers. The show to watch this week. :D

This is how the Irish Times reported it:
The children's referendum will proceed despite a Supreme Court ruling that the Government acted wrongfully in part of its €1.1 million information campaign.

This morning, the five-judge Supreme Court agreed with Dublin man Mark McCrystal's claim that "extensive passages" in the Government's information booklet and on its website about Saturday's vote were in breach of rules designed to ensure a fair, equal and impartial playing field in referendum debates.
Does our Attorney General, Máire Whelan, have questions to answer over the Referendum?

Supreme Court allows appeal in referendum bias case - RT News
Islands voting in Children's Referendum - RT News
Children's referendum set to proceed despite court ruling - The Irish Times - Thu, Nov 08, 2012
Government insists referendum will go ahead despite Supreme Court ruling - National News - Independent.ie

Forum: Children's Rights Referendum 2012
http://www.politics.ie/forum/childrens-rights-referendum-2012/199672-supreme-court-finds-government-booklet-referendum-biased.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/childrens-rights-referendum-2012/199700-referendum-democratic-all.html

Paper preview:
John O’Reilly, Director Shackelton Exhibition John O'Reilly - Ireland | LinkedIn

Previous #VINBs: http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/199187-vinb-wed-31-10-2012-22-00-debate-discussion-children-s-referendum.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/199636-vinb-wed-7-11-2012-obama-victory-us-irish-relations-gathering.html

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online Or tv3 catch-up through: Catch-up TV, Entertainment, News, Sport, Soaps and all your favourite Irish and International shows from TV3

nonpartyboy

Is this the same one, who says we can't cut bankers pay ?

spidermom

Tonights lamb to the slaughter...!!

A humdinger alright Norm....

Grey Area

Shatter is blaming Fitzgerald an utter farce. They will carry on regardless.

truthisfree

Vincent "Can you answer the question please?" Browne, he is really good at portraying how I myself feel and many more at how exasperating the politicians are when they will not answer a direct question with a direct answer....

constitutionus

gooooo on vinny !

:D

ah this should be a blast. vinnys made for **** ups like this.

glad mckenna on this too considering the shyte being shovled her way by some of the media heads on the radio earlier

hemlock

there's defo a glint in his eye tonight

constitutionus

you know this ones got the potential to be so good i may log off , crawl into bed, and give it me whole attention so if i drop off thread dont think its from lack of interest.

:D

ger12

What a bloody big mess .... again!

tigerben

Ah the trusty pinstripe jacket is once again a noted guest :) is that the same tie the guest has on as Vinnies, Dunnes best ?

constitutionus

if that lad DOES want an injunction on the referendum whats gonna happen to the votes from the islanders that were collected today ?

Ribeye

The Ref is dead, either it will be voted down or overturned after the fact,

"Another fine mess":):):)

Jackass

Two teachers and one professor and the odd one out, an engineer. Does the TCD professor on the panel lecture the TCD student on the panel?

PlanetBertie

The booklet was either total incompetence or sneaky FF type activities. I'm going for the former.