• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

#VinB - Thurs 28/2/2013: Sigh...I dunno.

ruserious

Awfully sorry all, no time to make a proper #VinB thread tonight.

On #vinb Richard Curran, Elaine Byrne, Tom Lyons, Patsy Mc Garry & Deirdre O Shaughnessy @ 11 on 3

No idea what it is about. TV3 didn't bother saying. I'm sure it will be good.

Update on Norm: Norm found Redfly and read out the list of changes demanded. Mission accomplished.

Previous VinB: http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/207022-vinb-wed-27-2-2013-broadcast-charge-mobility-allowance-vinny-having-unjust-moment.html

Norm is back Monday,

So from me tonight, goodnight.

Rus.

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates

On #vinb Richard Curran, Elaine Byrne, Tom Lyons, Patsy Mc Garry & Deirdre O Shaughnessy @ 11 on 3

Update on Norm: Norm found Redfly and read out the list of changes demanded. Mission accomplished.

Previous VinB: http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/207022-vinb-wed-27-2-2013-broadcast-charge-mobility-allowance-vinny-having-unjust-moment.html

Norm is back Monday,

Rus.
I've often wobdered if shortness is sweetness itself ... and you get the Like for effort. Thanks for looking after the shop. Bag packed ... flight in the am.

hemlock

don't worry Rus, ya was a smashin stand in...

Last edited:

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
There's bound to be a discussion on the low morals in Irish political office.

gerhard dengler

Norm is back Monday,

Rus.
Curran and Lyons have just written a book about Fingers & INBS

jmcc

Probably something abouth the ex-pope and a rant about inequality and why the next pope should be a one legged, Black, half-blind, Roma, traveller, pro-abortion Labourite from the Third World. Meanwhile, the nation turns its weary head to the remote control and mutters "who gives a f*ck!". :)

darkhorse

Correct me if I am wrong in the thinking...
But as Fingers decided to lend to developers only
Then as soon as a new property is sold then he gets paid in full for that portion of the deal
So his exposure is limited to the period between the developer buys the site and the house is sold
So nowhere near the exposure of a mortgage lending bank who are exposed for the next 23/30 years
It seems like far less risk than the mortgage lending bank

H.R. Haldeman

Vinnie outs himself as a one-time Nationwide mortgage holder, just as Elaine Byrne was waxing about hacks getting cosy mortgages there when nobody else would give them one. Awesome.

The Owl

Correct me if I am wrong in the thinking...
But as Fingers decided to lend to developers only
Then as soon as a new property is sold then he gets paid in full for that portion of the deal
So his exposure is limited to the period between the developer buys the site and the house is sold
So nowhere near the exposure of a mortgage lending bank who are exposed for the next 23/30 years
It seems like far less risk than the mortgage lending bank
Don't know Captain, but it's boring as hell, followed by the pope. God. Beam me up Scotty.

smitchy2

This is an interesting aside.
Fingers was not just giving out preferential loans to FF/PD heads but also to journalists.

ned green

It appears Fingers was politically well connected,a pillar of society,awarded a €1,000000 golden handshake on retirement,and a gold watch of his choice.I believe he still enjoys the odd game of golf,both at home and abroad.Only in our very own banana republic could we allow this to happen.And like fools the ordinary taxpayer is picking up the tab for this excess.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies