• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

#VINB Tue 22/1/2013: Our debt; Judge’s decision

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates

Damien English, FG TD Meath-West Damien English TD; Meath West; Navan, Trim, Athboy, Enfield; Fine Gael
Stephen Donnelly, Independent TD Wicklow-East Carlow Home | Stephen Donnelly
Ellen O'Malley Dunlop, CEO Dublin Rape Crisis Centre Media - Dublin Rape Crisis Centre
Paul Sommerville, Sommerville Advisory Markets Paul Sommerville: Now our best chance for debt deal - Irish, Business - Independent.ie

At its latest Summit, the 27 EU finance ministers agreed to examine the possibility of extending the maturities, or pay-back time, for part of Ireland's bailout loan.

Today's decision relates to loans secured from the EFSM, whereas an the earlier decision related to money from the EFSF. Michael Noonan, Minister for Finance, who chaired today's meeting, said many of these loans had short maturities and the aim of Ireland and Portugal was to replace them with longer ones.

Officials will now look at a planned report back in March. EU Commission Vice President Olli Rehn said that he supported the deal in principle, adding that he hoped they would now find an appropriate political and technical solution.

So, tonight’s #VINB will look at our debt and discuss the effects this will have on our debt. It seems good - but how good? Good show on the cards for tonight.

“We will pay for this down to the last euro” - Michael Noonan

EU ministers agree to examine Irish bailout loan - RTÉ News
Tax on financial transactions approved for 11 EU states - EUROPEAN UNION - FRANCE 24

http://www.politics.ie/forum/economy/204749-back-markets.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/europe/191664-good-news-ireland-latest-eu-summit.html

Also being looked at is the decision of Judge Paul Carney Paul Carney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and the sentencing of Patrick O'Brien with the rape of his daughter Fiona
Video: Abuse victim devastated - 'My father raped me for 10 years but he walks out of here.' - Courts, National News - Independent.ie

Paper preview:
Vinny himself

Previous #VINB: http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/204687-vinb-mon-21-1-2013-privacy-legislation.html

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online Or tv3 catch-up through: Catch-up TV, Entertainment, News, Sport, Soaps and all your favourite Irish and International shows from TV3

Last edited:

mr. jings

I hate the the 'old age' grounds for leniency. It's totally irrelevant in my book.

wombat

Anyone think Donnelly is in love with the sound of his own voice?

SPN

English - Dope
Donnelly - Grandstanding Dope.
Sommerville - Up His Own Hole Dope

This could be a very uninformative programme methinks

lying eyes

I hate the the 'old age' grounds for leniency. It's totally irrelevant in my book.
This may be just setting the scene for people, who may be facing the courts re banking and other matters. Most of them will be old and sick, by the time they get there.......Our system can not be trusted. By the way I agree fukky on the age - issue-or health for that matter......

Mushroom

English - Dope
Donnelly - Grandstanding Dope.
Sommerville - Up His Own Hole Dope

This could be a very uninformative programme methinks
You forgot: Browne - biased, opinionated, hectoring windbag.

hiding behind a poster

Is that the same Stephen Donnelly who said this morning that these bailout loans went to pay bondholders?

hiding behind a poster

English - Dope
English is a smart cookie - but he gets written off here on politics.ie because he sounds like a complete bogger, and speaks too fast. Funnily enough, many of those on here who complain that he speaks too fast also complain that Enda Kenny speaks too slowly.

Now if that's how you judge a politician.....

DownTheyGo

English is a smart cookie - but he gets written off here on politics.ie because he sounds like a complete bogger, and speaks too fast. Funnily enough, many of those on here who complain that he speaks too fast also complain that Enda Kenny speaks too slowly.

As FG politicians go, I will vouch for English, there ya go, I said it.

Did I really just say that?

Mushroom

lying eyes

Kenny could not speak slow enough, the codswallop that comes out, will not make a bit of differance. The longer it takes to come out the better, it just delays the embarrasment.......

Last edited:

Mushroom

Kenny could not speak slow enough, the codswallop that comes out, will not make a bit of differance. The longer it takes to come out the better, it just delays the embarresment.......
So Kenny can't speak and you can't spell. Have ye anything else in common?

an innocent abroad

They have stated that the rape of a child is on the same par as Murder....

So why are we not seeing the same type of sentence for rape of children as for murder?

There seems to be a certain tolerance of rape, sexual abuse in the professional classe's. I.e. the church, legal profession, and the judicial system!

SPN

Is that the same Stephen Donnelly who said this morning that these bailout loans went to pay bondholders?
You're kidding?

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Grandstanding fvck should join Labour. He'd be soooooo at home there.

SPN

If he's such a smart cookie then why doesn't he invest in elocution lessons.

Smart cookie + ability to communicate = successful career.

Popular Threads

Most Replies