• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

#VINB Tue 4/12/2012 @ 22:45: Budget 2013 - the inside story?

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
Starts tonight at the slightly earlier time of 10:45pm

Niamh Lyons, Political Editor Irish Daily Mail PressDisplay.com - Newspapers From Around the World
Mary Murphy, Lecturer Irish Politics & Society NUI Maynooth Dr. Mary Murphy | Department of Sociology
Dan O‘Brien, Economics Editor Irish Times Dan O'Brien, economics editor, Irish Times - Video - Video | Ireland's online business and management news service - Businessandleadership.com
Eamon Ryan, Leader Irish Green Party Eamon Ryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Budget 2013 - need I say any more?

Should be an interesting enough show though, if the panel appeals to you. We might get a bit of a heads up on what’s in store tomorrow … but nobody knows except the man below … and it doesn’t look as if he’s saying Ho! Ho! Ho! …

Budget 2013: the nation holds its breath - The Irish Times - Mon, Dec 03, 2012
Very tough Budget ahead, Tánaiste warns - RTÉ News
http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1204/tax-take-down-on-lower-income-tax-receipts-business.html
Budget 2013 | Money Guide Ireland
Irish Budget 2013: Debt and the cost of addiction to spin
Irish Budget 2013: Some suspense left despite the official leaks

http://www.politics.ie/forum/economy/201499-fair-budget-no-pain-them.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/economy/201317-ireland-worse-state-than-before-bailout-says-economists.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/economy/201016-anyone-have-list-budget-predictions.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/economy/201516-my-budget-proposals.html

Assisted suicide case and Paper preview: Paul Anthony McDermott, Barrister Paul Anthony McDermott | Barristers' Database | Bar Council of Ireland
Paper preview and tweets: Caroline Twohig, fyi tv3 https://twitter.com/FYICaroline

Previous #VINB: http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/201593-vinb-mon-3-12-2012-ula-s-pre-budget-2013-submission.html

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online Or tv3 catch-up through: Catch-up TV, Entertainment, News, Sport, Soaps and all your favourite Irish and International shows from TV3

ADVANCE NOTICE
Tomorrow Vincent’s Special Budget 2013 programme will have lots of reaction and analysis and is coming from Fatima Mansions, Dublin.

Last edited:

lying eyes

I wonder what ****-ups the budget will contain this year? Last year it was disability benefit for handicapped... anyone like to guess?

ARCUS

Hi Norm - u are on the ball early this evening.

Good OP - should be a good show - will be looking in tonight.

No doubt VB will ensure that Dr. Mary Murphy discloses her association with the Labour Party and by consequence the current government - prepare for VB challenge on how Labour is imposing more austerity on the working & social welfare classes......

MacO'velli

Jaysus eamonn Ryan is on more than minge the mirthless, and Ming having a mandate and all!

sport02

Starts tonight at the slightly earlier time of 10:45pm

Michael Noonan October 2012 on the Promissory notes and the upcoming budget.
Michael Noonan has expressed his hope that a deal restructuring the government’s promissory note for Anglo Irish Bank could be reached in the coming weeks – a move which he says would make it easier to construct the next Budget.
“It would help me doing the Budgetary arithmetic if something could be arranged, or a statement of intent could be achieved, before the Budget,” he said.
With less than 24hrs to go and Nada,Zilch,Nothing, Noonan in the above caption tells us that europe gave him the two fingers.
Ah well.

Last edited:

Mushroom

Jaysus eamonn Ryan is on more than minge the mirthless, and Ming having a mandate and all!
That's because Eamon is so keen to appear on the tellie that he's willing to cycle all the way from his Clonskeagh mansion to the TV3 studios (and back), so TV3 don't have to pay a taxi fare for him.

constitutionus

needs more karen devine !

:D

but ill take niamh. jays your on the ball early norm. fair play. wouldnve prefere to have constantine on tonight to duke it out with dan but i suppose ya cant have everthing.

WTF eamonn ryan is doing there is beyond me. his party has no relevance at all. we wouldve been better off with stephen donnolly !

carlovian

Great op norm and the return of Niamh Lyons more than makes up for the return of eamon Ryan.

Ryan is the last governments equivalent of Brian Hayes.
enthusiastically defending the indefensible with a lovely
smug sense of superiority.

Neutron

Why didnt Vinny have Constatine on for this one!

Hewson

Why didnt Vinny have Constatine on for this one!
I'd prefer Sarah McInerney on her own. No need to move the camera at all . . . who needs Vinnie?

cillian32

I wonder what ****-ups the budget will contain this year? Last year it was disability benefit for handicapped... anyone like to guess?
Property tax :cool:......cant get bigger than that chief!

Neutron

I'd prefer Sarah McInerney on her own. No need to move the camera at all . . . who needs Vinnie?
Id say if this beaut read out the budget tommorow we would all be delighted with it!

Whats that? €600 per year property tax? Lovely.

Mushroom

ADVANCE NOTICE
Tomorrow Vincent’s Special Budget 2013 programme will have lots of reaction and analysis and is coming from Fatima Mansions, Dublin.

Good old Vinnie - how really imaginative of him to bring in all of the homeowners and the PAYE workers from Fatima Mansions to entertain us with their reactions to the budget. "Jaysus Vincent! 20 cent more on the bottle of chardonnay and fifty cent extra on the twenty major will destroy me." It's like having Liveline on the tellie!

I assume that his production team has also arranged for the Darndale string quartet to play funeral music throughout.

Exclusive picture of a Vincent Browne think-in to decide how the show will cover Budget 2013.

Last edited:

venusian

I believe Pat Rabbitte has promised to install useless wind turbines (rabid lies of budgetary stimulus to the economy) to power hospitals so when the wind doesn't blow (especially during frosty cold winter weather) intensive care patients will die thus cutting costs to help out O'Reilly's health budget:roll:

cillian32

Good old Vinnie - how really imaginative of him to bring in all of the homeowners and the PAYE workers from Fatima Mansions to entertain us with their reactions to the budget. "Jaysus Vincent! 20 cent more on the bottle of chardonnay and fifty cent extra on the twenty major will destroy me." It's like having Liveline on the tellie!

I assume that his production team has also arranged for the Darndale string quartet to play funeral music throughout.

Exclusive picture of a Vincent Browne think-in to decide how the show will cover Budget 2013.
You dont like poor people do you?

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates

Ha! Ha! I think you know Vinny too well. But think of it this way. By the time you've seen the Budget Live, on the News, and in the Prime Time Special, you'll be delighted to see the fresh insights Vinny can bring to it. Go on, ya good thing, betcha you'll watch Vinny tomorrow night. :roll:

Mushroom

Ribeye

Cheeseburgers for tea and Niamhy on vinb,

Happy Ribeye:)