• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

#VINB Tue 8/1/2013: Abortion

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates

As Vinny promised last night, it’s yet another debate on the abortion issue for Tonight with #VINB. Why John ‘you only think you hate me’ McGuirk is on this show, I really have no idea. So, if you’re not fed up already about the abortion debate then you may find tonight’s show to be of interest. Or, like me you’re already busy flicking through to see what’s on the other channels …

Arlette Lyons, see article 'I believe in a loving God and that I won't be damned for what I did' - The Irish Times - Tue, Apr 17, 2012
John McGuirk, PR consultant https://twitter.com/john_mcguirk
Sarah McInerney, Political correspondent Sunday Times Sarah McInerney
Susan McKay, Writer and journalist, Pro-choice campaigner
Abortion amendment has been disaster and must go - The Irish Times - Mon, Nov 26, 2012

Coalition road map to advance abortion debate begins with Oireachtas hearings - The Irish Times - Tue, Jan 08, 2013
Divisive abortion debate requires responsible society to show tolerance - The Irish Times - Tue, Jan 08, 2013
Lucinda Creighton calls for rational abortion debate after receiving ‘vile’ letters - National News - Independent.ie

http://www.politics.ie/forum/fianna-fail/203815-fianna-fail-oppose-abortion-legislation.html

Paper preview:
Stephen O'Leary, O‘Leary Analytics

Previous #VINB: http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/203841-vinb-mon-7-1-2013-what-s-cards-2013-a.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/202677-vinb-tue-18-12-2012-government-x-case-legislation.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/201146-vinb-tue-27-11-2012-22-00-debate-discussion-abortion.html

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online Or tv3 catch-up through: Catch-up TV, Entertainment, News, Sport, Soaps and all your favourite Irish and International shows from TV3

<< Backstagers is a recent, Invite-yourself Group on this site for anyone who has contributed to a Backstage thread, like this one. Why not join? Click on Groups, click Backstagers, click Join, and away you go … Oh!, and you can always leave if you don’t like what you see. >>

Last edited:

Hewson

Oh, Jesus! McKay!

Where's the bucket?

Mr. Bumble

FFS I'm sick of this abortion debate. Bread and circuses. Except the bread is running out.

Astral Peaks

Sarah?

It's been so long, I think I might make an effort to watch and say hi!!

BTW, your OPs are a thing of beauty, Norm.

Fantastic stuff!!

Spanner Island

Well I guess the only silver lining here is that the w*nker Kieran Allen won't be on...

Hilarious he was last night though... barely able to contain himself when salivating about the civil disobedience he craves so much... In fact I thought he might give himself a stiffy the the way he was going on..

How disappointed would Kieran be I wonder, if once the disobedience commenced the plebs turned on parasites like him..? Cos let's face it, to have tossers like Kieran pontificating as he hoovers up his fat publicly funded salary shows what an obnoxious hypocrite he is...

And his new hair cut makes him look like Joe Pasquale which is quite funny too, considering the utter sh!te he comes out with ad nauseum...

As for abortion... nothing funny about that...

This won't be fun.

MaireadKelly1

FFS I'm sick of this abortion debate. Bread and circuses. Except the bread is running out.
So sick of it too! Heard that Patricia Casey on the radio while I was driving today - almost crashed the car!! :mad:

If we must be subjected to debate upon debate, let's hope we hear from people like Dr. Rhona Mahony.

Last edited:

Mr. Bumble

So sick of it too! Heard that Patricia Casey on the radio while I was driving today - almost crashed the car!! :mad:

If we must be subjected to debate upon debate, let's hope we hear from people like Rhona O'Mahony.
Casey has a not very well hidden agenda. She can't be seen as an independent expert.

spidermom

No Caroline Simons T.F.........

Though McKay gets on my "you know whats!""...

Listening to Coleman on newstalk...sigh....even this will be better than Coughing Coleman!!....(why was the late debate not back??)

Socratus O' Pericles

I'm going to bed........nitey.

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
Casey has a not very well hidden agenda. She can't be seen as an independent expert.
I am just at a loss to understand why we have so many items throughout every media on this. Haven't the people twice given their decision?, hasn't the Surpreme Court? hasn't the European Court of Justice.

Why are we still debating it?

We pay legislators enough [some would say too much] to legislate, so I wish they'd just feck off and do the job they are paid to do. Yea, yea, yea, we know it's difficult but so are many decisions ... just do it. :mad:

Half Nelson

Two pro-choice, three if you include Vinnie,
presumably the other journalist will attempt to sit on the fence and we'll have to wait and see for McGuirk.

That's the balance thing taken care of.

Mr. Bumble

Exactly. She has said it all! Let's hope we don't have to suffer a repetition of her nauseating rants!!
I'm afraid she'll be all over the media. Saw a very bitchy dog fight between her and the other female expert psych a few weeks ago.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
People like Susan McKay, Ivanna Bacik, Ronan Mullen nor David Quinn are not at all typical of the Irish people - and they're only on air for shrill OTT views on social issues

Plenty more have their (respective) views without the shrill theatrics, and #VinB would well serve the Irish public by finding them

cYp

Mr. Bumble

I am just at a loss to understand why we have so many items throughout every media on this. Haven't the people twice given their decision?, hasn't the Surpreme Court? hasn't the European Court of Justice.

Why are we still debating it?

We pay legislators enough [some would say too much] to legislate, so I wish they'd just feck off and do the job they are paid to do. Yea, yea, yea, we know it's difficult but so are many decisions ... just do it. :mad:
We have the constitution. Think of it as a very heavy wet blanket that we have to carry around.

rgaok

If we must be subjected to debate upon debate, let's hope we hear from people like Rhona O'Mahony.
I would hate to have to go to a psychiatrist like Patricia Casey, not much of the "milk of human kindness" there....

Skyrocket

Ah yes, the Dr. Rhona Mahony who today told the Health Committee hearing that she feared going to jail because of a lack of clarity in the law surrounding medical terminations.

This 'fear' developed rather suddenly in November 2012 as she had not publically expressed such sentiments in the previous 15 years of working as an OB/GYN.

carlovian

Listen to medical experts rather than the unqualified loons on both extremes.

That's just crazy talk.

Popular Threads

Most Replies