• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

#VinB - Wed 27/2/2013: Broadcast Charge and Mobility Allowance. Vinny Having an Unjust Moment.

ruserious

Guests

Papers: Suzy Byrne & Samantha Long

What's Happening?
In light of the controversial broadcast charge, VinB will examine the implications of such. No doubt RTÉ will get a bollicking from the TV3 station who does not get taxpayers money to fund vacations to Rome...I mean the Vatican.
There will also be a discussion on the cuts to the mobility grant because of some legality.
I am beginning to think that TD's must have been on this mobility grant because none have come near VinB in a while.
Is Vinny starting to lose the run of himself....??

Update on Norm
Yesterday, I left Astral in charge of the homebase while I was helping Norm with his important mission. He may have given you all the impression that I was fondeling Swedish Models. I must make it clear, it was only a model, i.e. not plural...
Anywhoooo....Norm's mission as we found out Monday was to deliver a message to the King Fly.
It has become clear that this leader of all flies likes the colour Red. Norm has tracked down the location and find out tomorrow what happens when the message is delivered.
To be Continued...

Broadcast charge to hit all homes
Mobility grants u-turn called for as Government comes under intensifying pressure - Independent.ie
Kenny pledges scheme to replace mobility allowance - RTÉ News

http://www.politics.ie/forum/media/206950-broadcast-charge.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/health-social-affairs/198811-dept-health-refuse-act-within-law.html
http://www.politics.ie/forum/fine-gael/206996-would-great-enda-kenny-please-rise.html

Previous #Vinb
: http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/206960-vinb-tue-26-2-2013-croke-park-2-will-fly-fall.html

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online Or tv3 catch-up through: Catch-up TV, Entertainment, News, Sport, Soaps and all your favourite Irish and International shows from TV3

What Else is on?
Missing in Action: Sky Movies Action and Adventure - 23:15
(1984, Adventure/War) An American former PoW returns to Vietnam in search of fellow soldiers still held captive by the Viet Cong, battling both enemy troops and the US government in a bid to prove his one-time comrades-in-arms are still alive. Action adventure, starring Chuck Norris, M Emmet Walsh, David Tress and James Hong.

Rus.

neiphin

some serious public service bashing then tonight

Ribeye

No Plump Bunny?

:):)

Ribeye

Flippin Pain Intheholeman

Socratus O' Pericles

Astral Peaks

Glad to hear you confirm that you were not fondling Rural.....:D

(note, fondling)

Mushroom

Is Vinny starting to lose the run of himself....??

Starting? STARTING? Get a grip man, he lost the run of himself aeons ago!

What appears to have happened in recent days is that Lydia and Ann-Marie have reduced the strength of his medication and as a result, he's gone stark bonkers. That recent pussy fight with Dan O'Brien was the most cringingly egotistical load of pure Vinnie-wank that I have ever seen. If anything similar recurs, then TV3 should sack him.

gatsbygirl20

Vinny will go ballistic over the mobility allowance. If some masochistic government TD could be induced (with plenty of alcohol and exhortations to "swallow hard") to come on Vinnie's show tonight, the other three won't get a word in.....

Vinnie will be: "Did you or didn't you...? I'm asking you did you..? Stop waffling...That's not what I asked you...Answer the question"

Oh Lord....

constitutionus

i can actually see vinny going for it on the broadcast charge but dont be surprised if you see shane and tom being coy on it.

the "BAI sound and vision fund" , or whatever the hell its official name is - is the private sectors slice of the liscence fee and TV3 , newstalk and today fm will be fecking straight into that trough as quick as they can.

its why youve heard them say fup all about the liscene fee in recent years. Its fecking crumbs but watch them go all gollum like for it.

basically the private sector broadcasting set is bought.

should make for some fun viewing though :D

anewbeginning

Vinny is becoming ever more idiosyncratic by the day.

The other night he was saying everyone should be paid the same. You'd wonder what world he's living in.

Astral Peaks

Unless I went mad there, I think Norm is back?
Nah, he hacked into RTE's link from Italy and got online to cause confusion.......

Expose the lot of them

Vinny will go ballistic over the mobility allowance. If some masochistic government TD could be induced (with plenty of alcohol and exhortations to "swallow hard") to come on Vinnie's show tonight, the other three won't get a word in.....

Vinnie will be: "Did you or didn't you...? I'm asking you did you..? Stop waffling...That's not what I asked you...Answer the question"

Oh Lord....
You should have been at the Convention Centre this morning, he was most subdued, whether through lack of sleep (9am start) or he takes the meds in the morning and they have worn off by 11pm.

Mushroom

From the TV3 website:-

"Tonight with Vincent Browne is a unique, topical issues panel show presented by one of Ireland’s most respected journalists. I agree with the word "unique"

The programme is hard hitting, intelligent, probing and entertaining. [3 out of 4 ain't bad!]

It has no boundaries and deals with issues from current topical matters, the affairs of the nation, economics, politics, sport and culture. " Hmmm, it might have been more honest to have said that "it deals with whatever tangential aspects of current topical matters/affairs of the nation are of concern to its presenter, at a given moment."

dizillusioned

Has Norm been discharged yet? Just wondering if he actually fought off bravely the advances of the Swedish models, or if Gats managed to take a few of them out with her six shooter?
Did Rus finally stop crying into his tea?

Has Hitch managed to find a woman yet or is he still taking things in hand?

gatsbygirl20

Alison O'Connor - Journalist with the Indo. https://twitter.com/alisonoconn
Tom McGurk - Broadcaster. https://twitter.com/TomMcGurk
Shane Coleman - Newstalk Presenter
Jebus on a pushbike........if a plane had to crash in any event this'd be the spot..............so long as Vinny was late for work!
:D

Why do I not like that McGurk chap ?

You feel he's the kind of guy would be throwing shapes in front of a mirror while scanning "Rugby For Blowhards: The Pocket Edition"

Something....inauthentic about him..

ruserious

Has Norm been discharged yet? Just wondering if he actually fought off bravely the advances of the Swedish models, or if Gats managed to take a few of them out with he six shooter?
Did Rus finally stop crying into his tea?

Has Hitch managed to find a woman yet or is he still taking things in hand?
You changed Hooch to Hitch. Personally I think Hooch is a good name for it.

jmcc

Jebus on a pushbike........if a plane had to crash in any event this'd be the spot..............so long as Vinny was late for work!
The concentration of so much irrelevance in one place is affecting the Space-Time Continuum. Who the f*ck are these people and why do their opinions matter?