• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

#VinB Wed, 29/05/2013: FEMPI, HRA, ICTU and the way forward.

Astral Peaks

Tonight's guests: 1. Catherine Murphy, TD, Ind Kildare North 2. Nicola Cooke, The Sunday Business Post. 3. Gerard Nash, TD Labour Meath East, https://twitter.com/GerardNash . 4. Eddie Conlon, TUI. Noirin Hegarty will read out headlines from the papers. Discussion on the Financial Emergency in the Public Interest Act, the new Haddington Road Agreement and Union reaction to all of this.

Last edited:

Astral Peaks

Still waiting for my donated free laptop......?

Dublin 4

I love these threads but don't quite understand;-

1 Who gets the info & from where?

2. Why is it rus, Ast & Norm who usually start the Threads?

3. Why & when did the Threads start?

Astral Peaks

The info comes from a secret meeting of the Illuminati, held every evening in the back room of Bram Stoker's old house, where a virgin is sacrificed and the entrails examined for the clues to the show's content that night. Then we go to Mulligans for a pint. The Secret Thread Cabal is ruserious and I, under the leadership of the Imperial Grand Wizard Norman Bates, who owns the rights to the #vinb thread as ordained by the Reverend Cochrane, May His Name Be Forever Blessed, and who delegates the thread starts in his absence on Illuminatus business in Bangkok. Happy?

Dublin 4

Ok- thats grand. :p

So Dave has given the nod to Norm who Vin entrusts & then you & rus help out :)

Just keep the threads coming. ;)

Analyzer

You mean to say that Kildare North could not have coped without Bernard Durkan being on the Vinny Show for two nights in a row ?

But he was so coherent, logical, clear, transparent and obliging last night (excuse my cynicism).

Analyzer

Gerald Nash is not a LP TD for Meath East.

In fact it looks like the Looper might lose next time around in MHE.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Thank God there is no Fianna Gael waffler on tonight. The last two were the ultimate in Ballymagash 21st century style. New politics, new way of doing things, my asp. remember Fine Fail? 'A lot done and a lot more to do'. What rock do they crawl from under at election time.

gatsbygirl20

Rus, Astral and Norman are a clique, known for their smart-ass one-liners and tendency to give likes to each other. They have everything sewn up here on P.ie, and their influence is...well...I am not allowed to say, but I'll say this: Where does Norm go on those little jaunts when the others fill in....and where was Astral when he flounced and went silent?? Think about it....

They have contacts in the media....if you knew how close, you'd be worried.....but they will never break ranks....the Vincent Browne team and RTE will only give out the information to those who are in on the gig...

Sometimes there is confusion over the handover,---like the other night when they refused to give Astral the information and he almost missed his thread starting time

That is all I am allowed to say at the moment.....they are harmless enough guys in other ways,if you don't fear them or uptight them...

Expose the lot of them

Rus, Astral and Norman are a clique, known for their smart-ass one-liners and tendency to give likes to each other. They have everything sewn up here on P.ie, and their influence is...well...I am not allowed to say, but I'll say this: Where does Norm go on those little jaunts when the others fill in....and where was Astral when he flounced and went silent?? Think about it....

They have contacts in the media....if you knew how close, you'd be worried.....but they will never break ranks....the Vincent Browne team and RTE will only give out the information to those who are in on the gig...

Sometimes there is confusion over the handover,---like the other night when they refused to give Astral the information and he almost missed his thread starting time

That is all I am allowed to say at the moment.....they are harmless enough guys in other ways,if you don't fear them or uptight them...
Are you channelling Sheil and Sr Merc after a feed of vino at the parents evening GG?;)

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
Ok- thats grand. :p

So Dave has given the nod to Norm who Vin entrusts & then you & rus help out :)

Just keep the threads coming. ;)
We're always on the lookout for virgins though who can take the flak when things go wrong. Is that a yes I hear ... ? anyway some posters think Norm is past it and is just tired and jaded nowadays ... :cool:

dizillusioned

Norm is the uber-master and Rus and AP are his lackies, Norm is currently AWOL with a leggy bevvy of beauties looking for his mole in Finland. Rus is plotting a takeover of power, from his contemporary penthouse in the burbs while quaffing Bolly. AP is found singing on the streets looking for donations for a third hand Apple that will carry at least enough memory to hold information on facebook for his 6 "friends"...(ducking)

Astral Peaks

Damn right you cannot talk about my sabbatical, it was tough work and the slaves were most uncooperative if not flogged regularily. As for the other night, the bloody virgin took too long to find, (I told Norm Limerick was a stupid place to search, but.....) and then Mulligans was packed with PS workers drinking the night away merrily, so hardly surprising I got held up....

Astral Peaks

Norm is the uber-master and Rus and AP are his lackies, Norm is currently AWOL with a leggy bevvy of beauties looking for his mole in Finland. Rus is plotting a takeover of power, from his contemporary penthouse in the burbs while quaffing Bolly. AP is found singing on the streets looking for donations for a third hand Apple that will carry at least enough memory to hold information on facebook for his 6 "friends"...(ducking)
Bolly? Tattinger, please. Only peasants drink Bolly. And I have no need of "friends", casual acquaintances suffice.

R3volution_R3ady

[video=youtube;YvSr5f-EiBQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvSr5f-EiBQ[/video]

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies