• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

#VINB Wed 31/10/2012 @22:00: Debate & Discussion - Children’s Referendum

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates

The one-hour debate [pre-recorded at 8pm] airs at 22:00 on TV3 and will be moderated by journalist Vincent Browne. This is followed immediately by the normal #VINB show.

The Minister for Children, Frances Fitzgerald, FG TD, has confirmed that she will participate in next Wednesday’s Children Referendum Debate on TV3 at 22:00. The Minister will be joined in advocating a “Yes” vote by the Chief Executive of Bernardos, Fergus Finlay.

Those arguing in the TV3 debate “Against” the proposed amendment to the constitution are John Waters, columnist of the Irish Times, and former Independent Munster MEP Kathy Sinnott.

The one-hour debate airs at 22:00 on TV3 and will be moderated by journalist Vincent Browne.

Frances Fitzgerald (Irish politician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fergus Finlay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
John Waters (columnist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kathy Sinnott - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Children's Referendum | Home
Children's Referendum | Children's Rights Alliance
Referendum on children's rights - The Irish Times - Sat, Oct 27, 2012
Concern for adoption after children's referendum unfounded, says Minister - The Irish Times - Thu, Oct 25, 2012
Separate Children's Referendum campaigns launched - RT News
Children’s referendum challenge to be heard next week - Courts, National News - Independent.ie

There is a Forum with 24 threads for the Referendum on this site: Children's Rights Referendum 2012

This is followed immediately by the normal #VINB show which will be a Discussion on the Debate

Details will be listed when received.

Richard Boyd Barrett, ULA TD Dun Laoghaire http://richardboydbarrett.ie/
Eamon Delaney, Columnist
Charlie Weston, Financial Journalist
Tina McVeigh, CAHWT http://www.swp.ie/content/cahwt-delegates-meet-dublin

Paper preview:
Colette Browne, Journalist Irish Examiner https://twitter.com/colettebrowne
Stephen O'Leary, O'Leary Analytics

Previous #VINB: http://www.politics.ie/forum/backstage/199134-vinb-tue-30-10-2012-22-45-our-debt-deal-unique.html

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online Or tv3 catch-up through: Catch-up TV, Entertainment, News, Sport, Soaps and all your favourite Irish and International shows from TV3

<< Backstagers is a new exclusive Group on this site for those who have contributed to a Backstage thread, like this one. Why not join while you can? Click on Groups, click Backstagers, click Join, and away you go … oh! And you can always leave if you don’t like what you see. >>

Last edited:

carlovian

Norm you early bird you.

Great op but I'm giving this a wide berth.

I'll predict waters loses the head after 5 minutes.

Cassandra Syndrome

Nice early OP Norman Bates, are you getting this out of the way for lots of Halloween wickedness later on tonight?!

lying eyes

Sorry Norm, but that panel- forget it. I have just painted a room -going to watch it dry....

Ribeye

Excellent Normy,

I'm in,

Although my posts may get a little wayward as iv opened the whiskey to celebrate the House of Commons telling the EU to go sing for their supper,

And I'd say this lot are going to cause my intake speed to increase,

Let the demagoguery commence:)

TommyO'Brien

Waters making his usual wild exaggerations.

ger12

When will Enda take the plunge and give Vincent a go ....... petunia

TommyO'Brien

And Sinnott is off with her paranoid fantasies! As usual.

TommyO'Brien

Untrue Kathy.

Ribeye

Because the state was hand in glove with the church Fergus,

That's fckn how!

TommyO'Brien

Waters his usual ranting self.

ger12

Fitzgerald is a very able politician.

jpc

Nice and feisty.
The bottom line with all the cases the yes crew bring up is the state and its agents scratched their collective holes rather than doing the right thing .
If it was illegal garlic they are down like a ton of bricks.
This referendum is a fob.

SilverLining

Good to see the self righteous right wing establishment elites being asked to explain themselves by Sinnott and Waters. May not agree with all of their arguments but at least there is a discussion for once. RTE would not be able to tolerate this.

brughahaha

I admit to being a current affairs junkie but even I have limits .... ... 4 detestable panelists discussinfg a shoo in constitutional ammendment with lots of " wont someone please think about the children" shrieks ...big no thanks for me

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies