• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Vincent Browne 1.11.2010

dresden8

Fionnan Sheehan bringing the actions of a politician's spouse into the political arena. (Gilmore and his missus)

I presume this gives us free reign to link him to his missus and the scumbags of destiny.

Last edited by a moderator:

neiphin

yes there is an issue, i agree

but just as an aside , how long ago did this happen ?

neiphin

thats what i thought

the indo spent years chipping away at kenny
they failed to see labour comming up on the inside
must blacken everyone to ffers level

GDPR

thats what i thought

the indo spent years chipping away at kenny
they failed to see labour comming up on the inside
must blacken everyone to ffers level
Do you mean the story is not true then or just that we shouldn't be told about it?

dakid

Do you mean the story is not true then or just that we shouldn't be told about it?
Its just that its a bit of a non story. Mrs G sold a field to the OPW for 250 grand, the field was independently valued and Mrs G sold the field for what OPW offered. No impropriety. BTW I believe the field was due to be used for a new school. Have the Dept of Education built it yet? If not that would be the real scandal here!

Holy Cow

I thought Bertie "I won all that dodgy cash on the horses" Ahern was crying when his family were brought up when he was being investigated?

GDPR

Its just that its a bit of a non story. Mrs G sold a field to the OPW for 250 grand, the field was independently valued and Mrs G sold the field for what OPW offered. No impropriety. BTW I believe the field was due to be used for a new school. Have the Dept of Education built it yet? If not that would be the real scandal here!
It was 500 odd thousand and that's not the story. The first story is Mr Gilmore & his party calling out landowners and developers for selling land at inflated prices during the boom while his wife was doing exactly the same thing, except in her case not just screwing another developer but screwing the state instead.

The second story is the hypocrites here who if this was a case involving a FF leaders wife, would be all over this with cries of corruption and calls for a tribunal, but instead are busy saying, no story here, nothing to see at all, it's all the Indo's fault. All we're short of so far is some eejit with a theory that it was all a FF setup to try to show Gilmore for the hypocrite he is.

neiphin

it's all the Indo's fault. All we're short of so far is some eejit with a theory that it was all a FF setup to try to show Gilmore for the hypocrite he is.
are you denying that the indo has sat on stories ?
how long was it before the sheehan story broke ? when the whole country was talking about boozo

Holy Cow

It was 500 odd thousand and that's not the story. The first story is Mr Gilmore & his party calling out landowners and developers for selling land at inflated prices during the boom while his wife was doing exactly the same thing, except in her case not just screwing another developer but screwing the state instead.

The second story is the hypocrites here who if this was a case involving a FF leaders wife, would be all over this with cries of corruption and calls for a tribunal, but instead are busy saying, no story here, nothing to see at all, it's all the Indo's fault. All we're short of so far is some eejit with a theory that it was all a FF setup to try to show Gilmore for the hypocrite he is.
seeing as you have brought up hypocrites

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKztnNY1q2U]YouTube - Bertie Ahern - 1993 - Tax Evaders[/ame]

justme1

When are people going to realise that ''there are none so righteous than the wicked''

berberie

Umm may I remind you tonic that the vow 'to obey' has not been used in sometime. Yes I am a Labour supporter but I would answer the same way had this been Mr. Cowen's wife or Mr. Kenny's for that matter.

A woman may be married to a man but she is still a person in her own right and can do what she wants with her land without having to justify it to her husband, no matter who that husband may be! I do realise that politicians have to 'tell' when it's something to do with their spouse or child gaining, but in this era it's ridiculous as that makes one adult answerable to another about a piece of land which said woman inherited from her mother!

On threads like these it's almost as though 'the husband' hasn't proper control of 'his wife'! I am sure you are aware that two adults within a marriage can disagree on certain topics..... shock, horror I even know a few wives who vote for different political parties than their husbands.... omg what is this world coming to? Bring back Henry VIII, now there's a man who knew what to do with troublesome wives, well two of them anyway ;-)!

Last edited:

Casillas

Something strikes me about this as wrong, not illegal, just wrong for a family involved in politics. It's more of a lack of common sense, although saying that the Labour reaction is perfect - silence in politics, sometimes is the best way to lay a story to rest.

turdsl

Silence will not help Gilmore on this,It will just add to "They are all the same" mantra.

Aindriu

I believe the field was due to be used for a new school. Have the Dept of Education built it yet? If not that would be the real scandal here!
No they haven't, and you are right - that is a scandal!

dresden8

Bugger, major typo, can a mod change the thread title to 1.11.2010?

<Mod> Certainly. </Mod>

Last edited by a moderator:

TonyBird

Fionnan Sheehan bringing the actions of a politician's spouse into the political arena. (Gilmore and his missus)

I presume this gives us free reign to link him to his missus and the scumbags of destiny.
He's a smart guy but he missed his vocation . He could be 'chief superintendent' by now . He is such a 'gard' .
Nothing wrong with that , its just funny watching his outrage when 'the system' is 'brutally' attacked . ie with paint or by idiots in cement trucks. :D
Nothing better than 'uppitiy peasants' to get fionn on his high horse :)
He called VB an 'armchair anarchist' ! Priceless:D

Last edited:

FreshStart

I was surprised by how unrestrained Fionnan Sheahan was with Vincent Browne. Am I the only one who thinks he hit below the belt. While I can just about get over Sheahan calling him an armchair anarchist, what about the comment about Browne's mortgage through Fingleton? He asked Browne was he going to declare his interests. God, I hope Sheahan has no skeletons in his closet or else he could be setting himself up for a fall.

While I am delighted that Fionnan Sheahan has survived this recession, not everyone else has and this might be the reason why the peasants feel like revolting.

FreshStart

Eamonn Gilmore's wife was entitled to sell her piece of inherited land to the highest bidder. My only query os that she appears to have fetched a substantial amount of money for it. Undeveloped land with no planning permission (which I am assuming this was), even during Celtic Tiger years, usually fetches the lowest prices because it is usually off the grid and has no sewage, water supply and even a road. Seems a high price to have received.

Where's theres muck, there's brass.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies