• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Vincent Browne launches stinging attack on Willie O’Dea and Michael Noonan

williewatch

I have to say that I agree with Vincent Browne on this one.

According to the weekend edition of the Limerick Leader

"OUTSPOKEN journalist Vincent Browne has launched a stinging attack on two of Limerick’s most senior politicians for not doing enough for the deprived areas of the city.

Speaking this week, the controversial broadcaster said he is “disappointed” by the performance of both Finance Minister Michael Noonan and former Cabinet minister Willie O’Dea during their tenure at the Government’s top table."

They quote Browne as saying that he is

“disappointed” by the performance of both Finance Minister Michael Noonan and former Cabinet minister Willie O’Dea during their tenure at the Government’s top table.

“With regard to Michael Noonan and another local politician, Willie O’Dea, I think that it is disappointing - these two have been fairly major national figures in politics and you would have expected that maybe they would have spent a lot of their time ensuring that resources were devoted to the deprived areas of Limerick. I think the fact that deprivation has continued in Limerick is not a good commentary on their effectiveness,” he said."

I agree with him 100% and is great to see this kind of honest comment finally make it through to publication in the local Limerick media. It's long past time for the local media to ask what exactly these two have done for our city.

[video=youtube;WBAY91_MbGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAY91_MbGU[/video]

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/local-business/vincent-browne-criticises-o-dea-and-noonan-for-not-doing-enough-for-limerick-1-4839173

Last edited:

southwestkerry

So Vinny want the streets off Limerick to be paved with gold eeehhhh....
swk

ShoutingIsLeadership

The irony. Browne would usually be among the first to condemn parish-pump politics.

borntorum

Is it true that some of the Limerick gangs have their roots in the travelling community?

They won't be criticised by VB, if so

culmore

If noonan looks after his own area, the media and Browne will attack him for looking after his own, so how do politicians win in Brownes mind

Auld Cynic

It could be an attempt by VB to provoke Noonan to come on VB's show, which he never has as far as I know. Their fraught relations go back to at least the 2002 general election when VB gave Noonan, then FG leader, a fairly rough roasting on VB's radio programme on RTE during the election campaign.

eoghanacht

How many times has Willie been elected by the good people of Limerick?

Spanner Island

Vinny can't have it both ways...

He spends Mon-Thurs giving out sh!t about crony politics and the parish pump bullsh!t that has this country wrecked and then here he seems to be condemning O'Dea and Noonan for failing to indulge in it...

Browne really is a whingeing bore these days...

Auld Cynic

Willie has been elected every time since February, 82 so 9 times in all, nearly always at the top of the poll. Noonan struggled with his vote sometimes but always got in & he's one election older than Willie, having been elected in June 81.

Tawdy

I have to say that I agree with Vincent Browne on this one.

According to the weekend edition of the Limerick Leader

"OUTSPOKEN journalist Vincent Browne has launched a stinging attack on two of Limerick’s most senior politicians for not doing enough for the deprived areas of the city.

Speaking this week, the controversial broadcaster said he is “disappointed” by the performance of both Finance Minister Michael Noonan and former Cabinet minister Willie O’Dea during their tenure at the Government’s top table."

They quote Browne as saying that he is

“disappointed” by the performance of both Finance Minister Michael Noonan and former Cabinet minister Willie O’Dea during their tenure at the Government’s top table.

“With regard to Michael Noonan and another local politician, Willie O’Dea, I think that it is disappointing - these two have been fairly major national figures in politics and you would have expected that maybe they would have spent a lot of their time ensuring that resources were devoted to the deprived areas of Limerick. I think the fact that deprivation has continued in Limerick is not a good commentary on their effectiveness,” he said."

I agree with him 100% and is great to see this kind of honest comment finally make it through to publication in the local Limerick media. It's long past time for the local media to ask what exactly these two have done for our city.

[video=youtube;WBAY91_MbGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAY91_MbGU[/video]

I notice that not one of the above posters have pointed out where V. Brown has got it wrong! Can they all be trolls or worse yet ff/fg shills? :shock:

williewatch

I notice that not one of the above posters have pointed out where V. Brown has got it wrong! Can they all be trolls or worse yet ff/fg shills? :shock:
Exactly. Both are over 30 years in the Dail but some people in Limerick have to live in appalling social deprivation.

Shame on them both.

Lain2016

Vinny can't have it both ways...

He spends Mon-Thurs giving out sh!t about crony politics and the parish pump bullsh!t that has this country wrecked and then here he seems to be condemning O'Dea and Noonan for failing to indulge in it...

Browne really is a whingeing bore these days...
Thats not the point, O'Dea and Noonan are gross failures were Limerick is concerned.

Gross ineptitue and systemic failure to tackle the problems of a small city...and the buck stops with them, they've been made rich out of their dire failures :mad:

Dearghoul

You may as well be pissing against the wind on here williewatch, the trolls and shills don`t want the truth!
I had noticed that.
The running sore of the Limerick estates is as much a national issue now as a local one, eating in, as it does to national resources. The accusations of parish pump don't apply.

Tawdy

Thats not the point, O'Dea and Noonan are gross failures were Limerick is concerned.

Gross ineptitue and systemic failure to tackle the problems of a small city...and the buck stops with them, they've been made rich out of their dire failures :mad:

The truth really hurts, the ff/fg idiots on here would rather spread lies than accept that their tds are out and out bastards!

ibis

I had noticed that.
The running sore of the Limerick estates is as much a national issue now as a local one, eating in, as it does to national resources. The accusations of parish pump don't apply.
Limerick-born broadcaster says Limerick politicians didn't spend enough on Limerick while in nationally responsible positions.