Vincent Browne - Lenihan on tonight (30th Sept)

firefighter

The cabinet finally take TV3 seriously?

Let's hope he'll be as entertaining as his banshee-wailing colleague.

Brian Lenihan will be sure to accentuate each sentence at least 3 times, expect VB to treat him with deference and use the platform to "send a message to the markets" that all is well and that he knows what he's doing.

All Lenihan cares about at this stage is his legacy. He looks a wreck. All Biffo cares about is what the people of Tullamore think of him.

The cabinet are spineless cowards for allowing these two to self-destruct knowing full well the health dangers and the danger to the State. All they care about is their Dail pensions.

Last edited:

slippy wicket

God, i hope that VB tears him a new one for all the lies and bs that he has put about since the last budget, when we 'turned the corner'

Cassandra Syndrome

This should be good, lets hope the rest of the panel are unforgiving sharp quick talking shrewdies. Morgan Kelly, your man from Panorama that screamed at the Scientologists, Max Keiser with 10 cups of coffee in him, Hugh Hendry and Begbie from Trainspotting.

PUFF DADDY

Vinne better go for it tonight !!!!

Would TV3 been sent "what questions" he can and can't ask..

firefighter

VB had some choice quotes during the week of Brian Lenihan back in 2008 around the time of the bank guarantee.

I hope he nails him to the cross.

PUFF DADDY

I'd say he would be interviewed on his own, i.e. no panel....he is an elite politician after all...!!!!

oggy

Lenihan appearing on Browne show, Lenihan clash with Burton yesterday, Lenihan this morning lambasting RTE, Lenihan hopefully today showing final figures on the banks crisis. Cowen on RTE news very vocal and determined. Do not want to jump to conclusions but for me this could be the long awaited fight back from FF. The gloves are off ?

Well, for me, this is VB's moment of truth, if he doesn't nail Lennie, allowing for the latter's illness, then Vinny's all piss and vinegar, a TV3 version of Mattie McGrath and all the other puffsters.
The realist in me thinks that if Lennie is to appear then the deal's probably done, the questions and answers already decided, a bit of harmless sparring to keep the punters happy

slippy wicket

VB had some choice quotes during the week of Brian Lenihan back in 2008 around the time of the bank guarantee.

I hope he nails him to the cross.
With some rusty blunt nails, i hope.

As a finance minister he has been an abject failure,despite all his bluster and lies people are starting to see through him.

My ideal panel would be mcwilliams, noonan after eating a bowl of nettles, Dan oBrien and eamonn dunphy.:lol:

Expatriot

VB did in Bertie and Haughey to a large extent. Lenny is brave.

johntrenchard

With some rusty blunt nails, i hope.

As a finance minister he has been an abject failure,despite all his bluster and lies people are starting to see through him.

My ideal panel would be mcwilliams, noonan after eating a bowl of nettles, Dan oBrien and eamonn dunphy.:lol:
jaysus , careful now - we dont want to end up feeling sympathetic for Lenny.

ah fck it. why not. unleash the hounds of hell!

johntrenchard

VB did in Bertie and Haughey to a large extent. Lenny is brave.
i have noticed that VB has gone very very left wing recently - based on what he was saying a few days ago on George Hook.

( which is interesting considering he wanted to run for Fine Gael in 90s )

New Threads

Most Replies