• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Vincent Browne receives Lifetime Achievement Award, Limerick

Limerick Lad

Broadcaster and journalist Vincent Browne was honoured this afternoon by his native county with a lifetime achievement award for his contribution to journalism in Ireland over the last forty years.

Vincent made a very gracious speech and was unusually self deprecating, saying it was his wife who should have recieve the award for putting up with him.

Helen O'Donnell repesenting Limerick Tidy Town's Committee was the recipient of the Limerick Person of the Year Award for 2012.

Helen O

williewatch

Broadcaster and journalist Vincent Browne was honoured this afternoon by his native county with a lifetime achievement award for his contribution to journalism in Ireland over the last forty years.

Vincent made a very gracious speech and was unusually self deprecating, saying it was his wife who should have recieve the award for putting up with him.

Helen O'Donnell repesenting Limerick Tidy Town's Committee was the recipient of the Limerick Person of the Year Award for 2012.

Helen O
Yes, I wonder did he repeat the comments he made critising Michael Noonan and Willie O'Dea, when he was first notified about the award?

http://www.politics.ie/forum/limerick/207294-vincent-browne-launches-stinging-attack-willie-o-dea-michael-noonan.html

""OUTSPOKEN journalist Vincent Browne has launched a stinging attack on two of Limerick’s most senior politicians for not doing enough for the deprived areas of the city.

Speaking this week, the controversial broadcaster said he is “disappointed” by the performance of both Finance Minister Michael Noonan and former Cabinet minister Willie O’Dea during their tenure at the Government’s top table.""

Last edited:

off with their heads

well done vinb the man who "got" ahern,cowen and the troika goons:)

Sister Mercedes

He's an insufferable old bore, but Irish journalism is the better for his lifetime of contributions.

darkhorse

He asked a few questions and made a few accusations ...
An achievement means actually doing something

sadmal

Helen O
I didn't know he had a wife - anyone know who she is?

off with their heads

Vincent and his brother Malachy carried the bodies of dead and injured from talbot street on 17 may 1974

wishywashy

[video=youtube;T8E-VYHtmj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8E-VYHtmj4[/video]
"I dont accept.......". " I dont accept......". "I dont accept.....". A bog ignorant response from a bog ignorant man. Cowen got away with it for years,but was finally exposed by his own ineptitude and lies.
The present incumbent seems content to pursue the continuum,which is not surprising,given that he is the other side of the same coin,another small town bogman with notions about himself.

off with their heads

"I dont accept.......". " I dont accept......". "I dont accept.....". A bog ignorant response from a bog ignorant man. Cowen got away with it for years,but was finally exposed by his own ineptitude and lies.
The present incumbent seems content to pursue the continuum,which is not surprising,given that he is the other side of the same coin,another small town bogman with notions about himself.
all he could could do was lick his lips like jabba the hut :D

CarnivalOfAction

Anyone know what he achieved?
Exposing spooFFers like Cowen, Kenny & Rabbitte. Unlike the tax-dodgers apologists who FFailed to allow any criticism of the boom. which inevitably became a bust.

off with their heads

[video=youtube;F6tQN6H_tVY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6tQN6H_tVY[/video]

thats not my money Vincents its me haul walls money for his affairs administered by Celia Larkin:D..................pj mara the bast@rd shouts stop Vincent :D a golden moment

meriwether

Yes, I wonder did he repeat the comments he made critising Michael Noonan and Willie O'Dea, when he was first notified about the award?

http://www.politics.ie/forum/limerick/207294-vincent-browne-launches-stinging-attack-willie-o-dea-michael-noonan.html

""OUTSPOKEN journalist Vincent Browne has launched a stinging attack on two of Limerick’s most senior politicians for not doing enough for the deprived areas of the city.

Speaking this week, the controversial broadcaster said he is “disappointed” by the performance of both Finance Minister Michael Noonan and former Cabinet minister Willie O’Dea during their tenure at the Government’s top table.""
"Look at me, look at me, look at me, look at the thread I started, and look at me repeating myself to draw attention to me ad nauseum".

james5001