• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Vincent Browne Tackles Taoiseach at Manifesto Launch

Maximus

Vincent Brown in a sustained line of questioning, tackled the Taoiseach on the £30k issue at the Fianna Fáil Manifesto Launch in the Mansion House a few moments ago.

The direct questions which included dates, locations and amounts were comprehensively answered by the Taoiseach, who explained to the capacity audience that the funds were given to Ms Larkin by Michael Wall to allow her administer renovations to the house which they were renting at the time. He further explained he had provided the full details to the tribunal including the receipts for the renovations and that he would be happy to deal with any questions they had in due course. Browne accepted that there was no connection between these funds and Quarryvale and no other journalist followed up the line of questioning.

It has to have been one of the most exciting press conferences I’ve ever attended, with the Taoiseach getting sustained applause at the end of Browne’s line of questioning.

CJH

The blueshirts should be careful what they wish for. There's nothin like a (real or perceived) media onslaught to galvanise the FF supporters

daithimac

Twitter
@daveyawesome
I think I may be able to speak for the rest of the nation on this when I say THANK YOU SWEET JESUS THATS ALL OVER. Can we now get on with the election campain focused on the issues that matter to the Irish people.

Badboy

Any new policies?

Or was the manifesto launch designed to talk about Home Improvement?

towny

FF spin doctors working overtime here....what will he do now that Man Utd have been dumped out of the Champions League. Wear a Liverpool shirt on May 23?

Fr. Hank Tree

Stephen Collins said the reason FFers were applauding was because some FFer intervened telling Browne to shut up or something to that effect

Maximus

mcguirkj said:
Shock as big crowd of Fianna Failers applaud Taoiseach

Seriously, Maximus.
I’d say there were about 300 people there; at least 100 were journalists some of whom I watched clap too. Saw your old mate Waghorne there too.

But seriously it was an electrifying press conference; Ahern was really in top form, after Browne sat down and the applause stopped the next journalist moved on to the nurses dispute.

hmmm

I'm presuming he give an answer as to why he originally said it was a "stamp duty issue"?

President Bartlet

daithimac said:
I think I may be able to speak for the rest of the nation on this when I say THANK YOU SWEET JESUS THATS ALL OVER. Can we now get on with the election campain focused on the issues that matter to the Irish people.
Definetly - another attempt by some media hacks to bring down Bertie has failed - still Teflon

The Analyser

Kevin Rafter, a strongly pro-FF journalist, has just called it a "bad morning" for FF on Campaign Diary on RTÉ One. If Kevin thinks it a bad morning, then it really must be bad. All the journalists on radio and television have savaged the FF press conference and the u-turn by FF on stamp duty. They have all been scathing.

untouchable

Website
www.soldiersofdestiny.org
daithimac said:
Like rampaging criminality , infrastructure, schools, destruction of Heritage and of course 200 people hospitalized in Galway and 100.000 with no drinkable water.? :roll: Only a matter of time before the whole country is in the same boat.

sydney07

http://www.rte.ie/live/ streamed most of it live; I reckon they will post it later
Why didn’t Bertie answer the questions yesterday about the 30k?, today he actualy seemed to enjoy answering questions about his money situation.

Wolverine

I have little time for Fianna Fail or Bertie, but Vincent Browne can be an unimaginably annoying twat when he gets going.

Maximus

The Analyser said:
Kevin Rafter, a strongly pro-FF journalist, has just called it a "bad morning" for FF on Campaign Diary on RTÉ One. If Kevin thinks it a bad morning, then it really must be bad. All the journalists on radio and television have savaged the FF press conference and the u-turn by FF on stamp duty. They have all been scathing.
Well we can be sure you’re not a pro-FF journalist! :)

mcguirkj

Just spoke to two journalists who attended the event.

One of them thought this performance would be "the end" of Bertie, another said "game over".

Apparently, Browne nailed him on something to do with not declaring €50k in the affadavit he made at the time of his separation.

untouchable

Website
www.soldiersofdestiny.org
Maximus said:
Vincent Brown in a sustained line of questioning, tackled the Taoiseach on the £30k issue at the Fianna Fáil Manifesto Launch in the Mansion House a few moments ago.

The direct questions which included dates, locations and amounts were comprehensively answered by the Taoiseach, who explained to the capacity audience that the funds were given to Ms Larkin by Michael Wall to allow her administer renovations to the house which they were renting at the time. He further explained he had provided the full details to the tribunal including the receipts for the renovations and that he would be happy to deal with any questions they had in due course. Browne accepted that there was no connection between these funds and Quarryvale and no other journalist followed up the line of questioning.

It has to have been one of the most exciting press conferences I’ve ever attended, with the Taoiseach getting sustained applause at the end of Browne’s line of questioning.
Im confused.Did somebody try to make a connection with Aherns bags of cash from donors,and the cheque he trousered that "allegedly" was not for his personal use at all,-and Quarryvale.?