Violent Crime Registry

TaxHavenSite

Since there is a registry of sex offenders that people can use to see if any sex offenders, live or work nearby. There should also be a registry of persons that have committed violent crimes such as murder,assault,armed robbery etc.

justme1

Since there is a registry of sex offenders that people can use to see if any sex offenders, live or work nearby. There should also be a registry of persons that have committed violent crimes such as murder,assault,armed robbery etc.
This registry you speak of,does this mean that the citizen must go to it to find out if they are living next door to a convicted sex offender???When i lived in London we would regularly get letters in the door saying that such and such has moved into number 15 just so you are aware etc......

TonyBird

I think we have certainly seen some scumbags get away with murder in the last few days . However as dangerous as these animals are , as justme1 points out , 'registration' is problematic if not pointless.

TaxHavenSite

This registry you speak of,does this mean that the citizen must go to it to find out if they are living next door to a convicted sex offender???When i lived in London we would regularly get letters in the door saying that such and such has moved into number 15 just so you are aware etc......
Yes, a registry like the sex offender registry,but for violent crimes,and the state has a website where a person can type in there postal code,to find people that work and live nearby that are on the list. Telling you what violent crime they committed etc. It should also have a level system like the sex offender one.

TonyBird

But whats the point ? This place is full of nutters . I dont even know anything about you but I gaurentee you live within a mile of a nutcase .

TonyBird

Shouldn't the public be more aware of the violent scumbags living around them,and that work around them. At least a registry for murderers,if not for all violent crimes.
I hope that these serious offenders are already being monitored . Generally i would imagine it is difficult for a(convicted) violent murderer to 'blend in' with the community.

But assuming there was such a list .How would one access the info ? Would the council be responsible to inform people ? If so , why is the council putting rapists and murderers in to residential areas in the first place ? Surely that would be a more pertinent question ?

TaxHavenSite

I hope that these serious offenders are already being monitored . Generally i would imagine it is difficult for a(convicted) violent murderer to 'blend in' with the community.

But assuming there was such a list .How would one access the info ? Would the council be responsible to inform people ? If so , why is the council putting rapists and murderers in to residential areas in the first place ? Surely that would be a more pertinent question ?
In some parts of the United states sex offenders are limited to where they live,for example at least 1,000 feet from a school. But murderers are not limited to where they can live? If a sex offender has a chance of re-offending,isn't someone who murdered someone likely to re offend.

TonyBird

In some parts of the United states sex offenders are limited to where they live,for example at least 1,000 feet from a school. But murderers are not limited to where they can live? If a sex offender has a chance of re-offending,isn't someone who murdered someone likely to re offend.
Probably . Its just that living in a city , I know I am within a short distance of murderers . This information does not help me .
I would prefer to know where to buy a gun .

Mercurial

If a sex offender has a chance of re-offending,isn't someone who murdered someone likely to re offend.
That probably depends on the nature of the murder. There's quite a bit of difference between your jilted lover and your Albert Fish.

TaxHavenSite

That probably depends on the nature of the murder. There's quite a bit of difference between your jilted lover and your Albert Fish.
But there are various kinds of murderers between those two. What about persons are who members of gangs,and commit murders? They are not sociopaths like Albert Fish was,but they are likely to re-offend. And,many situations they only spend a few years in prison not long/life sentences.

Mercurial

But there are various kinds of murderers between those two. What about persons are who members of gangs,and commit murders? They are not sociopaths like Albert Fish was,but they are likely to re-offend. And,many situations they only spend a few years in prison not long/life sentences.
I wonder why such people are even out of prison if there is a reasonable chance that they will reoffend.

TonyBird

Out of interest , what would you do if you knew ? If say one of todays Kerry OAP killers lived near you , what would you do ? What could you do ?

TonyBird

I don't about the case much,but I would make sure i paid attention to my surroundings more,and get a good lock,security camera for my place.
I suppose thats the best anyone could do . Though buying a gun might also make sense .
Still though , it would also make me question the commitment of the government . Whats the point of 'cracking down' on 'gangland' when random nutters can kill as they please ? ie Dundalk, Kerry,Clare and Wicklow , recently .

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies