Violent Loyalism - It Hasn't Gone Away You Know...

death or glory

That my good man is precisely the point. They went after old drunks, taxi drivers, the softest of soft targets and hardly ever, ever confronted the IRA.

ATAT.

Yabba Dabba Doo any taig will do.

But no, they weren't bigots, no siree.

Who would besmirch the good name of the UVF in such a fashion?
Well I thought you lot always claimed collusion.
You don't need to collude with the security forces to target innocent taxi drivers.
Make up your mind, you can't have collusion and then claim they targeted innocent Roman catholics.
By the way did you watch the program on BbC 2 last night about the funeral murders of the two corporal.

Paddyc

Well I thought you lot always claimed collusion.
You don't need to collude with the security forces to target innocent taxi drivers.
Make up your mind, you can't have collusion and then claim they targeted innocent Roman catholics.
By the way did you watch the program on BbC 2 last night about the funeral murders of the two corporal.
We’ve had this talk before. The British arranged for arms to be supplied along with details of suspected IRA members. Neither of these facts are controversial.
They also very helpfully pulled all their patrols out of a nationalist area immediately prior to a Loyalist attack. This proved to be very useful.

Loyalists took these weapons and this information and for the most part with few exceptions killed soft targets, either completely uninvolved Catholics or the family members of IRA members or Sinn Féin councilors.

With all the information they were handed, they were still scared to go after serious IRA members, preferring instead to massacre pub goers in quiet areas where there was little electoral support for Sinn Féin. Again, none of this is uncontroversial.

It must have been frustrating for their handlers to see them take the lazy, cowardly option time and again, but when you deal with the unemployable, that’s what you’ll get.

Last edited:

death or glory

We’ve had this talk before. The British arranged for arms to be supplied along with details of suspected IRA members. Neither of these facts are controversial.
They also very helpfully pulled all their patrols out of a nationalist area immediately prior to a Loyalist attack. This proved to be very useful.

Loyalists took these weapons and this information and for the most part with few exceptions killed soft targets, either completely uninvolved Catholics or the family members of IRA members or Sinn Féin councilors.

With all the information they were handed, they were still scared to go after serious IRA members, preferring instead to massacre pub goers in quiet areas where there was little electoral support for Sinn Féin. Again, none of this is uncontroversial.

It must have been frustrating for their handlers to see them take the lazy, cowardly option time and again, but when you deal with the unemployable, that’s what you’ll get.
How come all the terrorists suddenly became innocent men who only lived for their family and the Gaa, whenever they were murdered by loyalist paramilitaries.
You can't reasonably claim collusion and then expect us to believe that the loyalist paramilitaries only targeted innocent Roman Catholics.

EnglishObserver

I believe in fairies and santa claus and anything else that spins through my head. It's great to be Irish!

AhNowStop

How come all the terrorists suddenly became innocent men who only lived for their family and the Gaa, whenever they were murdered by loyalist paramilitaries.
You can't reasonably claim collusion and then expect us to believe that the loyalist paramilitaries only targeted innocent Roman Catholics.
I believe in fairies and santa claus and anything else that spins through my head. It's great to be Irish!
Good job insecure little creatures like these lads who support the murder of innocents are being bred out ... in the meantime I guess we can just keep on laughing at their tortured little minds ;) 😂😂

Paddyc

Did I say only?

You really, really want to believe that Loyalist paramilitaries were this super effective fighting force that brought the fight to the IRA and broke them when the truth is they were a shabby bunch of sectarian torturers and murderers who ran protection rackets and drug dealing on the back of a hard man image based on sectarian murder.

How many of the Miami showband were IRA? How many of the people in McGurks bar? the Rising Sun Bar? Sean Graham's? , the Heights bar? How many of the old men picked up, beaten and sliced to death by the Shankill Butchers were IRA?

The purpose of Loyalist paramilitaries since the foundation of the State was to inflict terror on ordinary Catholics and they were armed, trained and directed to this purpose. If they actually managed to kill an IRA member, that was a bonus.

You can repeat their lies about their victims all you like, and God knows you like to, it doesn’t make it true.

death or glory

Did I say only?

You really, really want to believe that Loyalist paramilitaries were this super effective fighting force that brought the fight to the IRA and broke them when the truth is they were a shabby bunch of sectarian torturers and murderers who ran protection rackets and drug dealing on the back of a hard man image based on sectarian murder.

How many of the Miami showband were IRA? How many of the people in McGurks bar? the Rising Sun Bar? Sean Graham's? , the Heights bar? How many of the old men picked up, beaten and sliced to death by the Shankill Butchers were IRA?

The purpose of Loyalist paramilitaries since the foundation of the State was to inflict terror on ordinary Catholics and they were armed, trained and directed to this purpose. If they actually managed to kill an IRA member, that was a bonus.

You can repeat their lies about their victims all you like, and God knows you like to, it doesn’t make it true.
I tell the truth, it's what I do.

At least my story is far more believable than your fantasy that loyalist paramilitaries only targeted innocent Roman Catholics.
No doubt they murdered innocent people in random attacks like the ones you mentioned but these were not targeted.
But they were legitimate targets as defined by the terrorist group.
Terrorism is the use of terror to further their cause.
I have always said that I don't believe any terrorist group had legitimacy so none had any genuine legitimate targets, and both were as legitimate as each other or non legitimate as the case actually was.
A loyalist legitimate target is the same as a Reb one.

Paddyc

I tell the truth, it's what I do.

At least my story is far more believable than your fantasy that loyalist paramilitaries only targeted innocent Roman Catholics.
No doubt they murdered innocent people in random attacks like the ones you mentioned but these were not targeted.
But they were legitimate targets as defined by the terrorist group.
Terrorism is the use of terror to further their cause.
I have always said that I don't believe any terrorist group had legitimacy so none had any genuine legitimate targets, and both were as legitimate as each other or non legitimate as the case actually was.
A loyalist legitimate target is the same as a Reb one.
Can you read?

I never said only.

death or glory

between the bridges

Read the full story in the paper, terrible stuff, have to feel for the victims, let down by the OO, church, police, and like most abuse crime of that era society in general. Hopefully we are more aware of the possibilities of this happening in todays society but given some would use child abuse to score points on the interweb, perhaps not...

Levellers

Read the full story in the paper, terrible stuff, have to feel for the victims, let down by the OO, church, police, and like most abuse crime of that era society in general. Hopefully we are more aware of the possibilities of this happening in todays society but given some would use child abuse to score points on the interweb, perhaps not...
You've changed your tune rapidly there.

AhNowStop

feck thats quite something from a nutjob who would sell his granny to try and score a point against "themuns"

as per usual ... hypocritical crackpot :rolleyes:

Mickeymac

feck thats quite something from a nutjob who would sell his granny to try and score a point against "themuns"

as per usual ... hypocritical crackpot :rolleyes:

It will be interesting to follow up on this latest scandal to see exactly how it evolves.

Levellers

It will be interesting to follow up on this latest scandal to see exactly how it evolves.
BtB looked the other way when this was happening and sat ideally by. Provoking the Taigs was more important than protecting children.

Mickeymac

BtB looked the other way when this was happening and sat ideally by. Provoking the Taigs was more important than protecting children.

Concur and the resurrection of this thread appears to have curtailed his dopey provocative one sided sectarian threads.

between the bridges

Apart from proving my point, that post says more about you than I ever could...

raetsel

The Impartial Reporter have been running with this theme for months now. There is clearly a grain of truth in some of it, particularly in respect of one individual who was mysteriously murdered locally around 15 years ago, but I'm sceptical about a lot of the stuff they have printed in the last few months, because they have a new case practically every week. The suggestion that the police deliberately turned a blind eye in a lot of these cases sounds improbable, and I am beginning to suspect that the longer they run with these stories the more nutters looking for attention creep out.
The Impartial Reporter is a bit of a sh1trag, imho, who have been spicing up their content, tabloid fashion, to sell copy for quite some time now. I have no respect for them.

New Threads

Most Replies