• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Virginity pledges leading to increased anal sex

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
ABC Study Reports Anal Sex on Rise Among Teens
Lack of Sex Education, Virginity Pledges, Ignorance Contribute to Risky Behavior

Experts say girls and young women like Carry are often persuaded to try such sexual behavior for the wrong reasons -- to please a partner, to have sex without the risk of pregnancy or to preserve their virginity. But many don't understand the health consequences.
"I know some teens who did it just to try, and some who didn't have a condom available," said one 18-year-old Californian who did not want her name used.
"It takes a great amount of trust to try something new with somebody that you may or may not like," she said. "I'd consider it if there was a ring on my finger. Otherwise, I feel I'd be losing some of my dignity as a woman."
One recent graduate of a New England college said one of her classmates was a "hard-core" Catholic who was rumored to have engaged in risky behavior.
"She only had anal sex with her boyfriend until they were married because that technically kept her a virgin," said the 25-year-old who wanted to remain anonymous....Still, Egan said that when she had anal sex with a boyfriend for the first time at 26, she was drunk, used no condom -- they were monogamous -- and didn't even know how to clean herself.....
Indeed, another well-publicized 2005 study using data from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health found that teenagers who take "virginity pledges" were more likely to engage in oral or anal sex than nonpledging teens and less likely to use condoms once they became sexually active. ...What's changed in this decade is girls are now expressing an interest. "On college campuses it's escalated," Kuriansky said. "There's more talk, more books, more videos."
I can remember in my (Irish) secondary school some US twenty somethings being brought in to extoll the benefits of "pledging".

Is preaching abstinence/ virginity helpful if it leads to riskier practices ?

cYp

kerrynorth

Best thread title ever!!!:):):):)

corelli

By that logic a sexually active gay person would be a virgin in perpetuity, being neither possessed of a vagina or, in the alternative, a penis to perform said penetration.

Christine Murray

Website
www.poethead.wordpress.com
jaysus, so from intact hymens to sodom and effing gomorrah? there will be veils next and sex associated with babies... yep, any comment on this psychopathy from the powers that be ¿ those with the speculums, therometers and overt gynae-phobia.

CookieMonster

cyberianpan is a ledge for the auld tags so he is.

Bobert

Whatever happened to "in ear riding"?

Twilight

I read the title, then my phone rang and as always lately I decided that the title was Virginia pledges to increase anal sexI could'nt think of anything else during the phone call and I actually told my friend that it says on Pie that Virginia pledges to increase anal sex. Wouldn't you think that that is a very dangerous policy she saidl. 'well its there and we wondered if it was a plot to lessen the population or some other such devilry and we thought it quite amusing that a place called Virginia should increase anal sex. Ah well, back to the usual boring stuff. sigh

Truth.ie

I remember when AIDS first arrived on the scene, and an elder fella told me we'd be reduced to riding a pound of liver in a pint glass.
Can't say I tried....yet.

peader odonnell

thats a bit like Cyril Cusack who was a serial womaniser refuseing to wear a condom because of his Catholic beliefs. It is said that about one in ten women now prefer anal sex,usually unprotected as well.

Truth.ie

I heard one of those "friend of a friend" type stories of some guy who did it backdoors whilst drunk with a lady, and woke up the next morning to find a bit of sweetcorn under his foreskin.
I love this thread.

CelticAtheist

Anal over normal....
Christ, please tell your followers to COP THE **** ON.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
ah yes, and the fruit of the famous quote -

once you go black, you go deaf!!
Hmmm kissing can screw your ears too:

BBC
A young Chinese woman was left partially deaf following a passionate kiss from her boyfriend.
The 20-something from Zhuhai in Guangdong province arrived at hospital having completely lost the hearing in her left ear, said local reports.
"The kiss reduced the pressure in the mouth, pulled the eardrum out and caused the breakdown of the ear."

cYp

Bobert

peadarmc

Isn't the quote "Once you go back you never go back" in this context
yea generally speaking, but we were actually referring to ear sex!

Jeez, never thought id ever pen that type of comment on P.ie - thanks cYp, look what you've reduced
me to talking bout!! :eek::p

and iv just noticed this is actually in the Health section - too funny!! :)

Truth.ie

Are there any E.U funded groups of ear afficianados that I can hook up with?

garlandgreen

I know but the ear was going off topic. I was trying to prevent people from disrupting the integrity of the thread

Popular Threads

Most Replies