Viva Maduro! SF send their reps to back the most Hopeless Government in South America.

Hibee

What had SF to gain from sending a couple of its reps to an inauguration ceremony in South America ?

I assume this cost a pretty sum of money.

midlander12

What had SF to gain from sending a couple of its reps to an inauguration ceremony in South America ?

I doubt money's an issue for them. Basically despite its patent failure and the resulting implosion of Venezuelan society, many on the far left still retain 'solidarity' with the Chavez/Maduro regime and see it as an expression of anti-imperialist struggle. Corbyn and SF would be among this inspired bunch, and probably also the PBP/Solidarity or whatever they call themselves this week. I suspect a few eyebrows may be raised among SF's big-business American donors at this little junket, but I suppose they're used to these little diversions from reality at this stage.

freewillie

They have a bit of form sending lads to South America

automaticforthepeople

Venezuela is a wonderful country with a wonderful range of environmentally sensitive ecosystems.
It is the perfect place to get away to, to observe some rare birds in a unique habitat.

It is second to none, well maybe perhaps on a good day, Colombia.

Jim Car

A kleptocratic narco state something SF are no doubt eager to copy.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Embarrassing but entirely predictable. You are hardly surprised- this is the party whose leaders had a campaign photo of their leaders with the head buckos of Syriza. Nice to know SF's patronage of hopeless cases (and regimes) continues.
Syriza didn't bankrupt Greece decades of gombeen politics similar to here did with Syriza trying to clean the mess up.

PBP voter

Sweet Darling

Look I don't know a lot about Venezuela, I know though it has oil, lots of it. And it is also close enough to the USA. I would imagine that the CIA, Trump and the Americans will be attending - though probably undercover. The CIA will have people in Venezuela without doubt. Likewise the EU, remember all states have interests, not friends.
The crucial point as far as I can see is Venezuela has OIL. And most countries need OIL including Ireland. So should we not be attending.
We are friends with Saudi Arabia- because of OIL
This is the point. A country that is rich in oil. and the Commies still manage to fu£k up the country and reduce its people to hunger, and still the orish hard left keep it up.

redneck

This is the point. A country that is rich in oil. and the Commies still manage to fu£k up the country and reduce its people to hunger, and still the orish hard left keep it up.
Well FFG have form here in causing chaos too- remember the crash of the 80's and also the bank bailout in 2008-2009.

Sweet Darling

Well FFG have form here in causing chaos too- remember the crash of the 80's and also the bank bailout in 2008-2009.
We did not have oil coming out our ears.
All the commies in Venezuelan have to do was sell the oil to the highest bidder just like the dumb but rich Arabs. and they still messed it up.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
O'Neill was elected by one man one vote.

And the man was slab.
And this coming from the blueshirts who had a rigged election where 35% of FG's members voted for Varadkar and 65% for Coveney but the smarmy slimebag was made leader regardless.

Round tower

Mary Lou said Maduro is like Leo V: Is he ahem Gay? Seriously the election was probably flawed. If the EU, UN and other groups say it was flawed it probably was.
That said, the Brexit referendum in the UK was flawed too- lots and lots and lots of falsehoods. I wish that country and it's people well though.
I also wish the people of Venezuela well.
It was terrrible listening ttto Mary Lou trying to defend the indefinceble when she compared the VP to Leo. in the last GE FG got around 26% 0f an turnout of 50% +, in Venezual the great SF democrsceyy, what % did the president get of the overal voting people

Last edited:

Post-truth

Don't take my word, go through my 9 years worth of posts on this site to back me up.
I sincerely doubt you voted for them once going by your nine years of posts.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
It was terrrible listening ttto Nary Lou trying to defend the indefinceble when she compared the VP to Leo. in the last GE FG got around 26% 0f an turnout of 50% +, into Venezual the great SF democrsceyy, what % did the president get of the overal voting people
Pathetic, the shirts wee tactic of trying to blantantly misrepresent hospital waiting lists, homelessness etc by twisting numbers.

Jim Car

Mary Lou said Maduro is like Leo V: Is he ahem Gay? Seriously the election was probably flawed. If the EU, UN and other groups say it was flawed it probably was.
That said, the Brexit referendum in the UK was flawed too- lots and lots and lots of falsehoods. I wish that country and it's people well though.
I also wish the people of Venezuela well.
Probably flawed? This is the man who when he lost the last national assembly election, convened illegally a one party constituent assemble members who included his wife and his son. Head by one of the largest drug dealers in the region. They have set up a one party kleptocratic narco state the likes of which Pablo Escobar could only have dreamed of. Anyone "standing with them" is it could be argued complicit. Then again given some of the employment that some so called "good republicans" have indulged in, their admiration of the current situation in Venezuela is not all that surprising.

PBP voter

Pathetic, the shirts wee tactic of trying to blantantly misrepresent hospital waiting lists, homelessness etc by twisting numbers.
SF got 13.6%.

27 seats less.

:)