• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Vladimir Putin's Russia: Soviet Union lite?

stanley

Not a word from Putin and his Govt can be believed, they and their nominated oligarch friends steal at least half the country's earnings, every year.

middleground

Okay, Paul Whelan is 48. So he was born in 1970 in Canada. His parents are British. Say they are around 75. Then their parents were born over a hundred years ago, before Irish nationality existed.
So how has he got an Irish passport?
His lawyer says he thought the USB had photos of scenic tourist spots not lists of employees working for spy agency

Paul Whelan: British 'spy' had materials containing Russian state secrets, his lawyer says | The Independent

Dame_Enda

I personally think westerners who go over there haven't been watching the news lately.

His lawyer says he thought the USB had photos of scenic tourist spots not lists of employees working for spy agency

Paul Whelan: British 'spy' had materials containing Russian state secrets, his lawyer says | The Independent
He is a spy. Getting him dishonourably discharged makes it look like he has a beef with the US and then "acquiring" lots of low level military people when young gives him a chance to turn them into spies.

So either he was outted by one of his targets or US Intelligence has someone passing information.

stanley

He is a spy. Getting him dishonourably discharged makes it look like he has a beef with the US and then "acquiring" lots of low level military people when young gives him a chance to turn them into spies.

So either he was outted by one of his targets or US Intelligence has someone passing information.

What a load of horseshlte, you go to a WC and now consider yourself an expert on spies and US Intelligence

What a load of horseshlte, you go to a WC and now consider yourself an expert on spies and US Intelligence
Nope maybe because I made it my business for decades. It is surprisingly easy when you know what to look for.

As for attending the WC, it was one of many trips I have had to there, unlike you but as per usual your spout the being an expert when you know JACK SUGAR.

Dame_Enda

Putin putting Hermann Goering to shame with looting of artifacts from Crimea.

[TWEET]1089764676962004992[/TWEET]

stanley

Nope maybe because I made it my business for decades. It is surprisingly easy when you know what to look for.

As for attending the WC, it was one of many trips I have had to there, unlike you but as per usual your spout the being an expert when you know JACK SUGAR.

I spent 10 years going to Russia and lived in Moscow for 2 years.

owedtojoy

Not a word from Putin and his Govt can be believed, they and their nominated oligarch friends steal at least half the country's earnings, every year.
They claim to be against "globalisation" ... but they are happy enough if globalisation allows them quickly transfer their money to London, Switzerland and the Caymans.

stanley

They claim to be against "globalisation" ... but they are happy enough if globalisation allows them quickly transfer their money to London, Switzerland and the Caymans.

Putin would prefer first to restore the former USSR and from there - the rest of the planet.

Add to those places, Cyprus, BV! and Fiji, they are already well familiar with Dublin.

Degeneration X

It depends on what you mean by "globalisation" - Russia for the most part just wants a return to multi-polarity and the Westphalian system in International Affairs.

Really

Strange that it is London who mopped up the stolen money under Yeltsin and then gave the thieves UK passports as long as they make up stuff in conjunction with MI6 and II for their journalists to publish.

What artifacts ?

Strange how West is worried about them when it has been flogging everything it could find from Syria to fund IS. London Auction houses up to their necks in Blood money.

Would think you have to apply quite regularly to the Gardai to have yours returned with your "football" travel.
Shows you up for how little you actually know. But nice you accept you don't have a passport.

Will Mummy still have to sign for yours !!!!!

Faughart

Crimea's 2014 reunification with Russia wasn't 100% kosher in every respect; but it was no less so than Germany's 1990 reunification IMHO.