• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Volunteering at Body & Soul festival... Jobsbridge by pseudo-progressives?

Polly Ticks

The Body & Soul festival is looking for "volunteers" to help out during the event:

Volunteering is a great way to get involved in one of Ireland’s most exciting, progressive and impactful festivals in exchange for a ticket.

Our volunteers work a range of roles and gain experience in how events and festivals operate from the inside out. For students looking to work in the creative industries, music, visual arts or event production, it’s an invaluable opportunity to make industry contacts and learn from experts. For everyone else, it’s also great craic, with sound people at a beautiful festival! Volunteers work shifts, so they can still experience the festival, and many volunteers are finished their shifts by the time the gates open.
Volunteering - Body&Soul

Happy to be corrected, but I don't believe that this is a not-for-profit festival.. it's certainly an expensive one.

Tiers 1, 2, 3 and 4 are now sold out. Tier 5, priced at €169.50, are currently available.
P.ie, I ask you... What is this volunteering offer but a Jobsbridge-like scam, except one perpetrated by fake-ass progressives?

How progressive is it for the organizers to not pay the minimum wage?

Are the organizers of this event any different to any other bosses anywhere that exploit their workers?

Bunch of pseudo-progressive chancers, if you ask me... they'd fit in well at any large corporation where profits come before everything else.

silverharp

A bruce springsteen concert ticket would be cheaper , I bet you would be happier leaving to boot ;-)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies