Voting Day - Referendum on the Regulation of Termination of Pregnancy

ruserious

Today is the day folks.

By now you will have seen every poster, advert and TV debate. Hopefully you have made a decision that you are happy with.

It is now time to vote.

Please ensure to to use your democratic right and perhaps check in on elderly neighbours to see if they need help getting to the voting centres.

Today, we are all lawmakers.

Voting commences at 7am until 10PM. Bring your polling card for a quick turnaround and have ID in case it is required.

Last edited:

Catalpast

Today is the day folks.

By now you will have seen every poster, advert and TV debate. Hopefully you have made a decision that you are happy with.

It is now time to vote.

Please ensure to to use your democratic right and perhaps check in on elderly neighbours to see if they need help getting to the voting centres.

And if you vote YES

- you never will be again....

So vote NO

Hitchcock

A historic day ahead - roll on 11 30pm tonight and a majority Yes vote and another defeat for the reactionary right.

Catalpast

A historic day ahead - roll on 11 30pm tonight and a majority Yes vote and another defeat for the reactionary right.
Abortion is the most Right Wing thing there is

- the killing of the defenceless

- by the Strongest

Herr Rommel

You are such a clown, There are no winners here today and you are so arrogant that you are blind to this fact. A Yes vote will see us turn into England within ten years and abortion on demand will be a reality no matter what anyone on the yes side says, a No vote gives everyone a chance to rethink this proposal and go back to the drawing board so the 8th can be amended and a solution can be found to deal with the hard cases without opening the door for wholesale slaughter. I fully agree with the yes side that abortion is needed in certain hard cases and real emergency pregnancy cases such as FFA, incest or rape of a minor or a special needs individual getting assaulted and raped.

Everyone knows the government will keep us voting on this until we deliver the results wanted by Europe but today let's show Europe and the world that we can find a better way. This country proved beyond doubt how progressive we are by being ahead of the curve with the Yes vote in the SSM referendum let's do the same today by voting No so we can think about this and do it right for future generations not yet born.

Hitchcock

Abortion is the most Right Wing thing there is

- the killing of the defenceless

- by the Strongest
Control of women and forcing them to carry a pregnancy no matter the circumstances is wrong on every level. Vote yes, change is coming, roll on 11.30pm

Hitchcock

You are such a clown, There are no winners here today and you are so arrogant that you are blind to this fact. A Yes vote will see us turn into England within ten years and abortion on demand will be a reality no matter what anyone on the yes side says, a No vote gives everyone a chance to rethink this proposal and go back to the drawing board so the 8th can be amended and a solution can be found to deal with the hard cases without opening the door for wholesale slaughter. I fully agree with the yes side that abortion is needed in certain hard cases and real emergency pregnancy cases such as FFA, incest or rape of a minor or a special needs individual getting assaulted and raped.

Everyone knows the government will keep us voting on this until we deliver the results wanted by Europe but today let's show Europe and the world that we can find a better way. This country proved beyond doubt how progressive we are by being ahead of the curve with the Yes vote in the SSM referendum let's do the same today by voting No so we can think about this and do it right for future generations not yet born.
The No campaign have had 35 years to come up with proposals on the 'Hard cases' they failed and worse they blocked every attempt by others to deal with them. So f@ck off with your hypocrisy. Change is coming, roll on 11.30pm

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
Today is the day folks.

It is now time to vote.

Voting commences at 7am until 10PM. Bring your polling card for a quick turnaround and have ID in case it is required.
I haven't seen one poster, etc. I stayed well away, and out of all this hoo-ha. I read the Referendum Commission Leaflet and that's about it. And btw my mind was made up years ago. And I'm off now to the polling place to vote yes. You never know at this hour, I might even bump into a few smiling nuns there. Thank you, rus.

Herr Rommel

The No campaign have had 35 years to come up with proposals on the 'Hard cases' they failed and worse they blocked every attempt by others to deal with them. So f@ck off with your hypocrisy. Change is coming, roll on 11.30pm
A no today is the best of two bad options, don't worry I knew straight away that concept of finding a better way would go right over your head but hopefully the more sane and calm people will vote no so this can be done properly as an amendment.

Catalpast

Control of women and forcing them to carry a pregnancy no matter the circumstances is wrong on every level. Vote yes, change is coming, roll on 11.30pm
Hitch - you seem a bit confused here

The votes are actually counted tomorrow...

Unless you know something the rest of us don't....?

Franzoni

Done and dusted......busy enough there when the doors opened.... ....good to see people taking the time to vote .......

Catalpast

I haven't seen one poster, etc. I stayed well away, and out of all this hoo-ha. I read the Referendum Commission Leaflet and that's about it. And btw my mind was made up years ago. And I'm off now to the polling place to vote yes. You never know at this hour, I might even bump into a few smiling nuns there. Thank you, rus.
Talking to a Sister in town during the week

Her job today is to get 12 other Nuns to the polling station today

- to Vote NO! :D

Vega1447

And if you vote YES

- you never will be again....

So vote NO
Why will we never again "be lawmakers"?

The people are sovereign. We can change Bunreacht na hÉireann at any time in the future.

Dame_Enda

I voted yes.

Does anyone know whether rte are going to give us the yes-no figures in the exit poll tonight? They say they will issue "details" of the poll tonight on the LLS.

Vega1447

Talking to a Sister in town during the week

Her job today is to get 12 other Nuns to the polling station today

- to Vote NO! :D
Your Sister may think that she knows how her Sisters will vote. She doesn't and neither do you.

Catalpast

Why will we never again "be lawmakers"?

The people are sovereign. We can change Bunreacht na hÉireann at any time in the future.
Only if the Government of the day decides to call one

- and they wont ask us ever again on this that is for sure....

fat finger

I voted NO.
I rejected the proposed amendment.
I voted NO because it is a BAD proposal that allows for abortion of babies outside the extreme cases that have been so widely discussed in the media.
I voted NO because I want an amendment that deals with the hard cases but does not allow for abortion of healthy babies up to twelve weeks old, which is what the 'CHOICE' brigade is plotting.
I voted NO because today is my chance to stand up for BABIES and say if BABIES could vote, they'd vote NO too.
Today I stood up for the BABIES, and I voted NO

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies