Wage Workers: The Sexual Organs of the Machine World

Cael

This fellow has a lot to say on the subject:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOIjI2gFizM]YouTube - Baudrillard - The Murder of the Real (1/6)[/ame]

TonyBird

Nobody likes a joke more than me, but some people use jokes to put a stop to discussion of uncomfortable subjects. That is particularly prevalent in Ireland.
Comes with the territory . Rise above it commrade . You wont convince everyone . Which is why your posts are more convincing than most .

Last edited:

Cael

Comes with the territory . Rise above it commrade . You wont impress everyone . Which is why your posts are more impressive than most .
Go raibh maith agat, a chara.

eoghanacht

Which you are allowed to.

But at least you don't pretend to be a saviour, by using his image.
Youv'e obvioulsy misconstrued Caels avatar as him claiming to be christ like.
Says more about you than Cael

Baddaddy

Youv'e obvioulsy misconstrued Caels avatar as him claiming to be christ like.
Says more about you than Cael
Perhaps...

But using thread lines that include sexual organs, or cancer is an industrialised disease, to further a political view, is sewer sucking stuff.

I'll be happy the leave it at that, but my intellect, has a higher need.

You keep selling those T-Shirts.:shock:

TonyBird

Perhaps...

But using thread lines that include sexual organs, or cancer is an industrialised disease, to further a political view, is sewer sucking stuff.

I'll be happy the leave it at that, but my intellect, has a higher need.

You keep selling those T-Shirts.:shock:
I believe he is 'paraphrasing' Marshall Macluhan . A famous intellectual , apparently .
Did you read the first line ?

Vote_No_on_Everything

Cael it looks like you can see through the system,you have figured out the scams and lies propigated by the oligarch owned media and governments.Very few people can and of those few who can, most have been bribed or bought over to propagate lies and deny the corruption. However can you leave out the Jeasus Stuff it underminds your mostly excellent posts and prevents people from taking you seriously.

bokuden

myksav

For someone who supposedly holds "the worker" in high regard, you insult "the worker" on a regular basis.

myksav

Check out this artist. He was Japanese and he caught a lot of modern society brilliantly. Some people may find these paintings disturbing..

Surrealistic paintings by Tetsuya Ishida ::: Pink Tentacle

By the way, who's the scumbag on Marian Finucane right now?
Simon Kelly. Wrote a book on Anglo.

Though I don't think he's wearing a hoodie.

He sounded more like a "hillbillie" or "redneck" with his second-hand Porsche with a flat tire and a dead engine in his driveway. :lol:

bokuden

Simon Kelly. Wrote a book on Anglo.

Though I don't think he's wearing a hoodie.

He sounded more like a "hillbillie" or "redneck" with his second-hand Porsche with a flat tire and a dead engine in his driveway. :lol:
If he wore a hoodie, he wouldn't have been let get away with so much dodgy dealing!

Cael

Cael it looks like you can see through the system,you have figured out the scams and lies propigated by the oligarch owned media and governments.Very few people can and of those few who can, most have been bribed or bought over to propagate lies and deny the corruption. However can you leave out the Jeasus Stuff it underminds your mostly excellent posts and prevents people from taking you seriously.
Go raibh maith agat, a chara. In relation to Jesus, there are many ways to consider the question. And Jesus, like all great subjects, is a question. One could simply consider Jesus to be an outstanding philospher, I would say a Communist philosopher. In many respects, without a Jesus, its unlikely there would ever have been a Marx.

But, in the question of God, I really believe that the concept "God" is necessary to human beings, if we are to remain human beings at all. Today more than ever. As I noted in the OP, humanity is under ferocious attack from a nihilistic and purely instrumentalist attitude among the ruling classes of the "developed" world. The word "God" in many ways, is a final line drawn in the sand. We say that this line is the marker between the human being as sacred end-in-itself (in the Kantian sense), and the human being as simply a genetic code, that can be patented, and manipulated in the pursuit of profit. Such a nightmare scenario is no longer the realm of science fiction, but current reality. Billions of US dollars are being pumped into genetic "therepy" clinics in China, which get around US law, and can offer wealthy Americans and others, the opportunity to "design" the babies that they want. The unique is to be wiped out, and babies designed like mass produced clothes, according to the fashion of the season.

Cael

For someone who supposedly holds "the worker" in high regard, you insult "the worker" on a regular basis.
To express the reality of our situation is no insult. Quite the opposite. The insult is in convincing workers that their subjugation to nihilism and instrumentalism is for their own benefit.

Cael

An interesting quote from McLuhan:

"As early as 1872, Samuel Butler's "Erewhon" explored the curious ways in which machines were coming to resemble organisms not only in the way they obtained power by digestion of fuel but in their capacity to evolve even new types of themselves with the help of machine tenders. The organic character of the machines, he saw, was more than matched by the speed with which people who minded them were taking on the rigidity and thoughtless behaviourism of the machine."

Whatever about machines taking on human qualities (something I wouldnt be too worried about) the phenomenon of humans taking on machine qualities has gotten to a chonic stage. Pointless, unthinking, production and consumption seems to be the order of the day, along with an uncanny ability to take direction without question.

The inability of the Irish to even protest at their Nama rape really is the manifestation of a dehumanised, machine-ised, former humanity.

sondagefaux

Wage workers are the sexual organs of the machine world? Does that mean that the OP thinks that anybody who earns a wage is a príck or a cúnt?

Cael

Wage workers are the sexual organs of the machine world? Does that mean that the OP thinks that anybody who earns a wage is a príck or a cúnt?
It means that machinary cant reproduce itself without the help of external biological organs, which are provided by wage slaves.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies