Walk out on Wallace!

automaticforthepeople

Strange things happening at Ferrycarrig Park. 5 players have left the club in one go and have all joined a club in New Zealand. How much further away on this planet can you get from Wallace than the Dunedin? If they'd joined Dundalk, you could understand it, but Dunedin?

Wexford Youths are at the moment in the play off spot for next year against the runners up in Division 1. This walk out will deplete the club from a range of positions. Division 1 seems on the horizon and who knows after that?

Wexford Youths' Premier Division survival hopes dented as they lose five players to New Zealand - Independent.ie

Polly Ticks

Ouch. Poached by an Irish coach too.

I've no great feeling for Wexford Youths one way or the other, but don't like to see this kind of exodus at any LoI club. At the same time players can't afford to have too much loyalty, especially with the low wages in Ireland.

Wonder what sort of financial deal they got...

Hibee

They have done ok this year . Still have a chance of staying up .

automaticforthepeople

Not now. In fact I think they'll have trouble staying afloat next year. Experienced players gone, Between Wexford and Waterford you'd hardly put together 11 who'd hold their own in division 1

automaticforthepeople

Not now. In fact I think they'll have trouble staying afloat next year. Experienced players gone, Between Wexford and Waterford you'd hardly put together 11 who'd hold their own in division 1

democrat

If Wexford are relegated - and they suffer financial hardship as a consequence - may I suggest the owner resorts to the use of unpaid taxes to supplement his working capital problem?

I'm sure Wallace has never even considered the possibility...

Texal Tom

Twitter
Don't tweet
I don't like Wallace and think he is one of the biggest hypocrites in the dail

However, as a Dundalk supporter I admire those who work against the tide of premiership worship in this country to lift the standards of football in our towns and cities and I take my hat off to Wallace for his part and wouldn't like to see his club fold.

I work in Carrickmacross and so many Liverpool and Man U etc fans but very few would bother driving 15 miles to Dundalk to support a local club but can tell you what klopp had for breakfast.

hollandia

I don't like Wallace and think he is one of the biggest hypocrites in the dail

However, as a Dundalk supporter I admire those who work against the tide of premiership worship in this country to lift the standards of football in our towns and cities and I take my hat off to Wallace for his part and wouldn't like to see his club fold.

I work in Carrickmacross and so many Liverpool and Man U etc fans but very few would bother driving 15 miles to Dundalk to support a local club but can tell you what klopp had for breakfast.
Was it Weetabix?

In fairness, loi had been terrible for most of its existence. With a bit of luck the exploits of Dundalk may help change that, and lift the status of the local game. Maybe they can justify getting a player or two in the National squad after this.

freewillie

do you know them personally to make that statement
There are plenty of young Irish people who have availed of our education system and are now gainfully employed in the IT, Pharmaceutical, manufacturing industries in the country.
Then there are the usual spongers spoon fed by the likes of AAA and PBP who live on the scratcher while waiting for the State to provide them with housing and medical cards

New Threads

Most Replies