Wall progress thread

GDPR

The success of the Hungarian fence in reducing monthly illegal immigration to the low hundreds illustrates walls work.
Or it shows the success of redirecting the flow of illegal immigration from land to sea. We've seen that migrants shifted their routes, no longer traveling greatly by land, but now traveling greatly by sea. Of course, Hungary being a land-locked nation doesn't have to worry about these migrants which travel by sea unlike Italy. But, unlike Hungary and like Italy, the United States does not have only a land border to care about. It has a significant coastline as well (one guarded by the Coast Guard - whose budget Trump isn't exactly increasing).

valamhic

If they put solar panels on it there could be a real boost for American renewables :)
Exactly. 1,800 miles of solar panels will power 500,000,000 homes. Enough to power all of the usa AND Mexico. There can be 100% electric vehicles. I fear that if news gets out Ireland could loose Eamon Ryan and Cathrina Martin to America. That would leave RTE with no one to interview.

valamhic

Or it shows the success of redirecting the flow of illegal immigration from land to sea. We've seen that migrants shifted their routes, no longer traveling greatly by land, but now traveling greatly by sea. Of course, Hungary being a land-locked nation doesn't have to worry about these migrants which travel by sea unlike Italy. But, unlike Hungary and like Italy, the United States does not have only a land border to care about. It has a significant coastline as well (one guarded by the Coast Guard - whose budget Trump isn't exactly increasing).
I can see the LE Etna (Irish Navy ship) being deployed to pick up Mexican migrants and dumping them in Cuba

valamhic

Does anyone really believe that this wall is getting built?
I do. But it takes time. In the USA, the wall requires a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) with public participation and that will be done. It also requires and Environmental Impact Assessment. (EIA). In Ireland that is being by-passed to roll out renewable energy which will cost a lot more than Trump's wall. Ireland put the cart before the horse.

Dame_Enda

If you want Ireland to be like Greece with collapsing social services because they cant afford these illegals then by all means lets have open borders.

GDPR

If you want Ireland to be like Greece with collapsing social services because they cant afford these illegals then by all means lets have open borders.
That I think is the real logic behind the push for "Open Borders", since the end of the Cold War a lot of people within the Western Ruling Elites now find the "Welfare State" to be something obsolete as regards their interests and see this as a way of collapsing it. Of course "The Guardian" reading types who fancy themselves as "Leftists" are more than happy to adopt the role in all this of "useful idiots", in a large part I suspect due to self inflicted in the main psychological dysfunctions.

Mick Mac

owedtojoy

That's an orignal lie .... that Greece was bankrupted by immigrants.

I think the Greeks managed to beggar themselves all on their own, by rampant corruption mostly. And, yes, they were assisted by greedy bankers.

Casablanca

To be fair, Greece has had collapsing social services long before migrants arrived, a testament to their superior tax collection system.

mossyman

You are deteriorating by the day.

Most Replies

Top Bottom