• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Wall Street Journal Europe: Ireland, Portugal Fuel Regional Woes

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Front of Wall Street Journal Europe tomorrow reports of concern's over the stability of the EU fringe, including Ireland "as one of Ireland's largest banks had its credit rating cut.."

Moody's Investors Service downgraded the senior debt of Anglo Irish Bank Corp. by three notches to Baa3. Ireland's property-market collapse has crippled its banks, and the government has so far spent €33 billion ($44.5 billion), about one-fifth of its gross domestic product, rescuing them.
Ireland, Portugal fuel regional woes - WSJ.com

NYCKY

Thanks David, I get the WSJ daily and have noted an increase in the number of articles about Ireland and its economic woes. That is the US version, I am sure there it gets greater billing in the European version.

firefighter

I can just imagine the impression you'd have of anyone connected to the Irish Government in the US at the moment.

Between Jay Lenno and now this. And there have been several articles over the last couple of days.

sondagefaux

Moody's Investors Service downgraded the senior debt of Anglo Irish Bank Corp. by three notches to Baa3.
Pretty appropriate for a country being led by sheep.

Tony Liar

Lads, Ireland is insolvent. Its no big deal. Just admit it and deal with the creditors.